Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v Battery problem

Crossmans

I quite agree with you Tony. They would not be able to recharge a totally drained Battery. I have tested it on my motorbike Battery and is has maintained it, even on a cloudy day. The idea is for me to use it when we go away on holiday and are unable to start the car on a regular basis, so the Battery is maintained.

• 10 months later...

I drive a CHR (2021 model - HYBRID). Last Saturday for the first time it would not start and lights flickering and control panel lights flashing etc. with warning messages. I called RAC and they replaced the Battery. I went to drive it yesterday and was shocked to see how much charge had been lost, problem with control panel lights again but not the headlights. I took it for a short drive and the Battery is now about 75% full. I will be unable to take it for long drives or frequently as I am very ill at the moment. I live alone as my sons are away at uni and don't feel confident enough to buy any type of charger etc. Can anyone give me any advice? It sounds like this is a known problem at Toyota? But not everyone is going to be able to use their cars more?

I leave mine in ready mode for 30+ mins to charge the Battery. ICE may or may not start during this process, if it does, it'll engane the gen and charge the hybrid Battery, which in turn charges the 12v Battery.

I should add that I can safely do this on my driveway 

• Like 1

I'm only doing short journeys ( 10 miles max a couple of times a day ) but the Battery normally drops to around 12.2 volts over night. 

Currently showing 12.4 volts after a couple of hours since parked. 

Batt voltage.png

It’s “time” not “distance “ that’s important….

20 miles per day should be more than sufficient to keep your Battery up.  12.4v seems to be the level Toyota design into the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UncleZen said:

@forkingabout how did you get that battery voltage info?

Part of the extra security system fitted to the vehicle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links