Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

2 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

I don't even know if the top trim has heated mirrors, very handy to have for winter and raining days, we get about 6 months worth in a year lol

My Yaris has rear parking sensors...

But what are they for when I got a rear camera (is it for the BEEPS)? 🤔 

And I don't remember it had these THEE buttons (see attached, not my Yaris) - my Yaris only got TWO buttons (EV and ECO) 😱

Screenshot_2020-03-11-19-40-37-60.png

2 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

I don't even know if the top trim has heated mirrors, very handy to have for winter and raining days, we get about 6 months worth in a year lol

Already thinking get a set of WINTER WHEELS

Hence ok wanted a CHEAP car replacement, so I can buy CHEAP 15" steel rims with winters :driving:

Winter is gone, no snow, think about air conditioning, sun roof etc 👍☀️🍺, if you looking for sure you can check Toyota official store on eBay, they have some good offers on wheels and other accessories. 
Regards 

46 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Winter is gone, no snow, think about air conditioning, sun roof etc 👍☀️🍺, if you looking for sure you can check Toyota official store on eBay, they have some good offers on wheels and other accessories. 
Regards 

Winter still here, Tony - expect some snow tonight, else definite chill wind! 🥶 

Was thinking with winter nearly gone, winter wheels will be cheaper? 🤔

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

My Yaris has rear parking sensors...

But what are they for when I got a rear camera

Having rear parking sensors in addition to a rear view camera can be useful when the rear camera lens is either wet, dirty or both, as the camera image may not be as clear as you'd wish.

We have both on the Aygo and i20.

• Like 1

Well we didn’t get any snow this winter here in south nor the last one, now I am selling my winter tyres and giving up changing but if nobody wants them will fit them back on first of November and then after that’s it. I actually can do easily with summer tyres in uk winters but can’t have as much fun as I like driving on snow plus with winter tyres is a lot more safe too. You can buy new tyres in August then prices are best. 
Cheers. 

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Having rear parking sensors in addition to a rear view camera can be useful when the rear camera lens is either wet, dirty or both, as the camera image may not be as clear as you'd wish.

We have both on the Aygo and i20.

Oh, so cars with rear cameras but no sensors, does not BEEP? 🤔

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Well we didn’t get any snow this winter here in south nor the last one, now I am selling my winter tyres and giving up changing but if nobody wants them will fit them back on first of November and then after that’s it. I actually can do easily with summer tyres in uk winters but can’t have as much fun as I like driving on snow plus with winter tyres is a lot more safe too. You can buy new tyres in August then prices are best. 
Cheers. 

We got HEAVY snow up here once already last month 🥶

Snow dusting this morning!

How come you giving up winter tyres?

I thought they were helpful for weather sub-7degrees? 🤔

Why prices cheaper in August? 🤔 

Any recommendations for winter tyres/rims for 15"? 

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Hi, I am not giving up completely, but if I got my winter wheels and tyres set sold yes I am not bothering any more. I just bought new set of wheels and summer tyres smaller size 16”, I like them a lot more than 17” that the car had originally fitted. Other option is all season tyres in October and if they are good may well use them till next winter and just buy another set. I am driving 50k a year, so one set of tyres per year.  Because of that pothole incident I had, too much hassle plus here around London we had no single snow flake for two year time. You may also look at all season instead and you can use them as winter set and change in spring or just keep driving with them, all seasons are fine but pure winter tyres are not good at all in hot summer days, same as summer tyres in cold winter days. August usually is a holiday month and a lots of people are on summer breaks not much business for cars tyres spares, and sellers are offering usually better prices. Goodyear  Vector 4 seasons or  Vredesein quatracks are good all season tyres. Winter tyres when choosing make sure they are European winter tyres not Nordic because the second are not comfortable to roll them on dry or wet only tarmac, they like mud, ice and snow. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Oh, so cars with rear cameras but no sensors, does not BEEP? 🤔

Didn't say that.

• Haha 1

My Yaris Hybrid has a rear camera but no sensors.  It certainly doesn't BEEP!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, I am not giving up completely, but if I got my winter wheels and tyres set sold yes I am not bothering any more. I just bought new set of wheels and summer tyres smaller size 16”, I like them a lot more than 17” that the car had originally fitted. Other option is all season tyres in October and if they are good may well use them till next winter and just buy another set. I am driving 50k a year, so one set of tyres per year.  Because of that pothole incident I had, too much hassle plus here around London we had no single snow flake for two year time. You may also look at all season instead and you can use them as winter set and change in spring or just keep driving with them, all seasons are fine but pure winter tyres are not good at all in hot summer days, same as summer tyres in cold winter days. August usually is a holiday month and a lots of people are on summer breaks not much business for cars tyres spares, and sellers are offering usually better prices. Goodyear  Vector 4 seasons or  Vredesein quatracks are good all season tyres. Winter tyres when choosing make sure they are European winter tyres not Nordic because the second are not comfortable to roll them on dry or wet only tarmac, they like mud, ice and snow. 

50k 😱 

What do u do???

Thanks Tony! :thumbup1:

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

50k 😱 

What do u do???

Thanks Tony! :thumbup1:

I am driving Wayne. 
You are welcome 👍🍺

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

I am driving Wayne. 
You are welcome 👍🍺

That reply looks like u are DRIVING + DRINKING = DRINK DRIVING 😱

Hahaha, that’s one it is not. I am taking it as a joke 😂👍

• Haha 1

Ref Spare Wheel in Yaris Hybrid MK2 pre-pre-facelift:

Can you fit a full size (16") wheel into the boot well?

And...

If there was only ONE facelift, then the Yaris would be identified as the MK3 pre-facelift and facelift

But, we have 3 versions (2 facelifts)

So, do you call the FIRST one a MK3 PRE-PRE-facelift? 🤔

Presumably the 2011-2014 is the pre-facelift, then there is the 2014 facelift and the 2017 facelift. Aside from that, the Yaris has been subject to regular specification changes with new specs being introduced (eg the Y20).

• Thanks 1

Any good?

15" winter Continentals + steel rims £130

A set of 4 : £130*4 = £520 delivered :driving:

Screenshot_2020-03-12-18-10-56-15.png

Screenshot_2020-03-12-18-11-08-96.png

Summer Tyres only : Michelin

£100*4 = £400 -£60(discount) = £340 fitted:driving:

Screenshot_2020-03-12-18-14-06-53.png

Both options are good. Maybe skip the winter tyres for now and drive the car as is, then in the end of the summer just before autumn get winter one with new wheels or all season on the current wheels, winter is on its way and even if it’s snowing again will not last for long. 
Regards 

I thought about getting winters now, thinking cheaper as no one will buy them now (no demand)

But, after what you said, I might delayed until late summer then :thumbup1: 

As for summer, mine are ok'ish - the front got plenty of tread, rear ones maybe 2-3mm left 🤔 

I had all seasons on my Auris for 5 years (Michelin CrossClimate+) , they were a very good compromise, certainly NO where as good in snow as winters 🥶 

But, with a smaller car (Yaris), I may finally go for the winters as well :driving:

On 3/12/2020 at 5:53 AM, Wayne2015 said:

Last month outside my home...☃️🥶

IMG20200224062905.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful, I wish we had snow like in Austrian mountains, and sun in summer like Spain, hm maybe time to think relocating. 
Goodyear vector 4 season are the better one in snow than cross climates, just to let you know. Winter tyres are the best, just don’t go for very icy ones, Nordic style because hybrids doesn’t like winter tyres as much as does not like wind and rain, Winter tyres are more grabbing and will make your car difficult to roll and you will notice bad consumption and feeling like the car is braking every time you let it glide. My winter one I choose are very good because they are ultra quiet and very comfortable on motorways, european even tho but still grabby. However they do them on larger sizes only 17” upwards. You can buy now winter tyres and wheels nothing wrong, especially as you said prices are good, but what if forecasts are for hottest winter ever with average 10C , than maybe we don’t need winter tyres at all.  

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links