Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla (2019 onwards) spare wheel

Micken

Are the cars different trim levels or engine size ? There are two different sizes front brake discs and the smaller spare wheel may not fit into the larger size brakes., if we compare 1.8 icon 16” wheels vs 2.0 excel 18” wheels for example. Other than that they will have same nuts spaces and centre bore. 

My 2020 2.0 TS has a spare wheel, I doubt Toyota changed the brakes or the PCD on the latest models, so should still fit 

Thank you both. Will take the chance and try it before we go on european tour.

• Like 1

Any spare wheel as long as the wheel patern and size fit, they work. I prefer fullbsize 16" 205/55R16 as spare wheel.  We can put our winter tires sets right at the bottom of the trunk. I think it fits perfectly there. It is free and fully usable. Donut compact tires only up to 50mph, 100 miles. 

2 hours ago, AisinW said:

Any spare wheel as long as the wheel patern and size fit, they work. I prefer fullbsize 16" 205/55R16 as spare wheel.  We can put our winter tires sets right at the bottom of the trunk. I think it fits perfectly there. It is free and fully usable. Donut compact tires only up to 50mph, 100 miles. 

I’m planning on using the space saver spare from a my22 2.0 gr sport hb in a my23 2.0 TS excel, both cars have 18 inch wheels but I think the spare is smaller, Toyota keep saying no spare is available for purchase, not sure why, I thought the space savers are all the same size? I assume there is a jacking point still on my23? 

My 2022 2.0 TS Design (on 17" wheels) has a spare space saver wheel etc.  I spec'd it on order, but I think it was standard anyway.  

• Like 1

Lots of discussion of this elsewhere on this forum

Short version - the 17" space saver fits all current models of Corolla, the TS boot has the space for it (or even a full size wheel) and is threaded for the retaining bolt (hidden by carpet)

The full OEM space saver kit can be bought for about £250.

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-corolla/corolla-mk12-2019-present/accessories-corolla-mk12-2019-present/toyota-corolla-wagon-2020-present-space-saver-kit/

• Like 2

I didnt spec MY22 TS with a spare, I ordered the kit through Toyota later and it came with a space saver, wrench, jack etc. What did surprise me is that they also provided a new moulded boot floor carpet with the correct cuts in the carpet. I now have a full, barely used boot carpet as a spare.

Looking at where the hole is I could have probable just pierced a a hole in the current carpet and screwed the secure bolt in rather than remove the old carpet. I did it properly though and it took about 20 mins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chuffmonkey said:

I didnt spec MY22 TS with a spare, I ordered the kit through Toyota later and it came with a space saver, wrench, Jack etc. What did surprise me is that they also provided a new moulded boot floor carpet with the correct cuts in the carpet. I now have a full, barely used boot carpet as a spare.

Looking at where the hole is I could have probable just pierced a a hole in the current carpet and screwed the secure bolt in rather than remove the old carpet. I did it properly though and it took about 20 mins. 

Any photos of this? This sounds like something I would be interested in doing.

I haven't had a car with a spare in years.

11 hours ago, AGM said:

Any photos of this? This sounds like something I would be interested in doing.

Ill take a couple of pictures and post them up tomorrow evening

9 hours ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I haven't had a car with a spare in years.

The last 2 cars I had which had a spare saved me considerable hassle.

1 was going on holiday, I had a puncture (rear), it allowed RAC to put the space saver on the M6 which allowed me to trundle down to the next junction and wait outside the nearest garage to get a new tire fitted. I was going to Calais so missed my tunnel but managed to get on one a few hours later. 

2nd I had a puncture at work, space saver on drove a few miles and got a new tyre.

Based on the above 2 scenarios I would rather have one for piece of mind. 

• Like 1

I always have a spare tires in all of my car too.  I extreemely hate stupid Run-flat tires, they are expensive, very harsh, difficult to remove, and wear fast.  We can use used 16" Mazda 3, Hyundai I30 or Civic wheel and tires 205/55/R16. They fit perfectly on the trunk of Auris touring and Corolla touring.    I got one used mazda 3 wheel+tires already balanced for $25 and that is more than enough. It is only marginally heavier but much better because I can use it for the rest of the trip without 80kmh/50mph limitation.  Donut tire is not very save for high speed or extended period of time > 50 miles. It is also always lower than than regular full size tires.   I often went out of town in the weekend and almost all shops are closed during that time too. 

I got puncture tires multiple times. Almost every other year. Fortunately, tire repair was free in Costco/Sams club back then.  I had not have any puncture tires in EU yet but driving on construction zone and gravels roads have a high risk of puctures. 

Pictures.

You can see the original molded boot cover had a nice hole that could have been pierced to screw the locking bolt in, removing the need to replace the whole rear carpet but the new spare wheel kit came with a new boot floor. If you look at the the pictures of the spare wheel you can see certain areas of the carpet have been cut out. 

Best thing is, I can still lower the boot floor if required and I have piece of mind that I do have a spare if needed. 

new 1.jpg

new 2.jpg

original 1.jpg

original 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon! I want to buy a spare wheel for my Corolla TS , 72 plate and I am looking for recommendations. I found two websites selling them at acceptable price . Anyone bought spare wheels from:

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product-category/space-saver-wheels/toyota-1/toyota-corolla/?filter_vehicle-year=2019-present-day      or 

https://sparewheelking.co.uk/stock/?jsf=woocommerce-shortcode&tax=product_cat:512hc54;pa_wheel-year:255   

Are they any good? The wheel shop page says won't fit into wheel well in hybrid models, require special insert foam. 

What does this mean?

Thank you

IMG_4322.png

IMG_4321.png

This topic has popped up a few times since I joined in January;

The 16" space saver obviously isn't an exact match for the OEM, but should still be OK if the tyre is appropriately sized.

The insert foam just packs out the well around the spare.

Full size 16" wheel will fit perfectly and need no Styrofoam. We can use one of the winter tire set as a spare tire. I used a used 16" mazda 3 wheel with 205/55R16