Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Not a good situation with everything at the moment. It's the reason I'm holding off my order, I want JBL Speakers & tech pack. 

Still have a car to get A-B. Hope it will improve next year. 

• Like 2

Seeing the exact car you ordered, available now, unregistered etc at a dealer in Portsmouth doesn't help either 😭😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MK4 cancelled ordered for £2.5k more than carwow. No thanks! 

• Like 1

Thats a big differance if specifcations, milage are identical.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Ford announced last week that for the Fiesta and Focus only pre-configured orders are currently being accepted, and the delivery for some versions is 12 months.

• Like 2

Agree, though to be fair, the car advertised in Portsmouth is rrp minus the £500 dealer contribution...no profiteering as far as I can see.

What has been an eye opener for us, we put as a marker our CHR on Webuyanycar and the price increased by several £100s in a month. Having used them before, if you factor in reductions for scratches, chips etc on appraisal, still a crazy price and only 2!k less than what we paid for it nearly 4 years ago!

Just saw a Mk4 launch ed. on the way back home, it is a lovely looking thing 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

MK4 cancelled ordered for £2.5k more than carwow. No thanks! 

My understanding is that cancelled orders go back into the system to fulfill outstanding orders.

43 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Ford announced last week that for the Fiesta and Focus only pre-configured orders are currently being accepted, and the delivery for some versions is 12 months.

Hi there, just wondering if you can help?

I want to order replacement trim for my car somehow I've managed to crack the underside would you happen to know the correct name for the trim from the photos it's a Toyota yaris hybrid dynamic 4th generation 2021. 

Thanks

20220803_142400.jpg

20220803_142352.jpg

1 hour ago, Llynyfan said:

Agree, though to be fair, the car advertised in Portsmouth is rrp minus the £500 dealer contribution...no profiteering as far as I can see.

What has been an eye opener for us, we put as a marker our CHR on Webuyanycar and the price increased by several £100s in a month. Having used them before, if you factor in reductions for scratches, chips etc on appraisal, still a crazy price and only 2!k less than what we paid for it nearly 4 years ago!

Just saw a Mk4 launch ed. on the way back home, it is a lovely looking thing 🙂

They looked at mine and appraised it.  They put the online quote up by several hundred pounds and the money was in the bank the next day.  He said they under value them because so many kick off when their “immaculate” car gets knocked down.  He phoned his boss to get mine upgraded.  

59 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

I want to order replacement trim for my car somehow I've managed to crack the underside would you happen to know the correct name for the trim from the photos it's a Toyota yaris hybrid dynamic 4th generation 2021. 

Thanks

20220803_142400.jpg

20220803_142352.jpg

That’s the left hand sill.  

2 hours ago, Ricky P said:

Thanks

20220803_142400.jpg

20220803_142352.jpg

That is the passenger side sill cover or skirt

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185091396739?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2opHIOieRiS&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I've seen Peugeot are now starting to offer the buyer a choice of two options on certain vehicles. 

1) Accept a vehicle with some of the standard specification equipment missing & a price reduction for quicker delivery. 

2) Put up with the long wait time but get a vehicle with none of the standard specification equipment missing.

Its gonna make things interesting once these vehicles start to hit the 2nd hand market in the future. 

• Like 1

Im sure I recall Lada are taking airbags and abs from their vehicles to speed up production. No responses necessary.

• Haha 1

Hi, I ordered my new Yaris Design in March and paperwork shows estimated delivery date of 31st August. The app is still not showing that the build has started so was wondering what others had experienced in terms of build time once the app stated that the build has begun.

thanks

1 hour ago, Loz69 said:

Hi, I ordered my new Yaris Design in March and paperwork shows estimated delivery date of 31st August. The app is still not showing that the build has started so was wondering what others had experienced in terms of build time once the app stated that the build has begun.

thanks

Ordered a Yaris Design on 16th February and quoted 4 to 6 months delivery.  It appeared at the time of order that my car should be available for collection mid August, however the estimated delivery has constantly slipped, from September, then October and now November.  Like you after now 6 months the app just states "Order Processing" with no information available until the car goes into build whenever that may be? Very frustrating.

Reason for buying the Yaris was due to 1. Economy, (cheap to run), 2. Brand - Toyota with great reputation and reliability, 3. The car looks great, 4. I was completely amazed how well it drives, even with the CVT gearbox which I have hated on many other cars.  5. Timescales for delivery worked for me, generally better than other manufacturers.

As I understand the reasons for delivery delay, my biggest gripe is that there appears to mixed promises on delivery dates, and it appears that dealers are not being honest.  Some customers are receiving their car on time and others not, so is this due to cancellations and these cancelled orders are then quickly alloted to those next on the list?  Some cancelled orders are now appearing on dealer forecourts for sale which I my opinion should be fulfilling the backlog of those still waiting for their orders.  I am sure there are many employees of Toyota and dealers visiting this site, but guess they are not in a position to be 100% truthful and transparent about the situation.

Being so far down the line in the order process it appears that I have no choice but to wait it out until my car arrives.  Secondhand cars are fetching more money than new ones and unless you are prepared to pay a premium there are no cars available for sensible money.

Looking at Twitter this morning there appears to a customer who saying that after 10 months of waiting for his car, Toyota have stated that they are not longer honouring his finance deal.  This is slightly worrying as I placed an order on the basis of a 0% finance PCP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know nobody will have any sympathy but spare a thought for your dealer. He, like you will only have the information you have, no hidden insider information. He currently has no new car turnover (very few new cars being delivered) but still has all the huge costs associated with running a Toyota centre. It is very frustrating not being able to get the car you want, in the timescale you want it, but it is hugely frustrating from the dealers point of view too.

In general motor trade terms, I can see many dealers going to the wall, especially smaller ones that need the regular income from both new and new sales. Nobody has experienced this before, pandemic, supply shortages, container shortages, chips and the list goes on et al. I am sure your dealer is doing their best, they want to sell you a car, but they are just not there yet, everybody is doing their best, please be patient

• Like 4

Plus rising interest rates don't help the supply of cheap money for loans, etc, and have a direct effect on whether 0% interest finance can be offered. Today interest rates have been raised by 0.5% - the highest rise in 27 years.

I still remember when the interest rate on my ISA was 5%! 5%!! :laugh: 

I'm new here.  Have a Ford Fiesta on order (don't shoot me) but the delivery date keeps being pushed back. So....I've started looking around, my local Toyota dealer has a pre-registered delivery mileage Yaris Excel in white.  I'm tempted but my last 2 cars have been white and I really wanted a  different colour.  The dealer said that according to the Toyota system there should be 2 available this month (black and grey) He said if I'm interested in taking one that he would need to contact the branches and see if he was allowed to place an order on it.  Given the delivery delays you have all had, does anyone think this could be valid?  I don't want to be in the situation of having 2 cars on order 

I had a look at Autotrader today. You can search 'new' cars and that includes cars physically with the dealer. A few temptations, inlcuding the exact car I have on order at a dealer on the south coast. If I was desperate Id be on a road trip this weekend, Im not, so will hope my dealer makes my wish come true in September 🤞

2 hours ago, foxy137 said:

I'm new here.  Have a Ford Fiesta on order (don't shoot me) but the delivery date keeps being pushed back. So....I've started looking around, my local Toyota dealer has a pre-registered delivery mileage Yaris Excel in white.  I'm tempted but my last 2 cars have been white and I really wanted a  different colour.  The dealer said that according to the Toyota system there should be 2 available this month (black and grey) He said if I'm interested in taking one that he would need to contact the branches and see if he was allowed to place an order on it.  Given the delivery delays you have all had, does anyone think this could be valid?  I don't want to be in the situation of having 2 cars on order 

Welcome!!  Great bunch of guys on here, also great at alleviating my impatience while I wait for delivery of my car.  I have a white Yaris Design on order (now on order since February), but not expected until November and again like you have had the delivery date pushed back several times.  BTW the Ford Fiesta is a great car, the new one is of the best handling cars I have a driven, with very sharp predictable steering (better than the Yaris dare I say), although Yaris is far better looking, better kit and far superior hybrid system. Would be worth investigating those cars you mention, and check to see what the options are.  Best of luck 👍

• Like 2

Yeah, for some reason Fords have always had great handling and the newer Fiestas especially. The Yaris traditionally didn't have fantastic handling, but they've clearly worked on it on the new one as it's muuuuch better than the older models I had. I think they've changed the rack ratios too as it's much faster than my Mk1 and Mk2 - Makes the steering very sharp and responsive and combined with the lower wider stance and extra chassis stiffness it makes the car feel very agile, even with the large weight penalty over the non-hybrid models.

Getting a recent car is a bit of a PITA at the moment - You either have to wait for ages for a new one, or get gouged for a recent second hand one...

• Like 1

I'm going to see the White one at the weekend as I've never seen the car in the flesh.  I'm so undecided about what to do, I ordered the Fiesta in December on 0% finance and it's about £5k cheaper than the current Fiesta and Yaris price.  My current car is my 3rd Fiesta and I love it - very nippy and easy to drive but it's 10 years old in December and I need to get rid of it before the service and MOT.  

• Like 1

The fiesta is definitely the best handling small car. To be fair the hybrid engine is extra weight and cannot be expected to perform in the handling department like the fiesta. 

The design of the MK4 is really good. Hybrid tech and auto should cost more than fiesta in manual or save money on fuel. 

Not an easy decision. Fiesta are great cars, I would probably stick and wait for the initial order, it's 5k cheaper, 0% finance saves a lot and you still love it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links