Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

6 months I waited, June last year and got it before Christmas. !Removed! chip shortage was peaking then

• Like 1

Placed an order for Yaris Excel 1st week Jan 2022, now being informed by dealer could be delivered Dec 2022. So much for the Toyota claim it is a customer focused organisation and TPS is about responding to customer demand. Dealer refuses to release order number saying the Toyota tracking app is inaccurate. Again,  So much for managing customer expectations! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geoff Elliott said:

Placed an order for Yaris Excel 1st week Jan 2022, now being informed by dealer could be delivered Dec 2022. So much for the Toyota claim it is a customer focused organisation and TPS is about responding to customer demand. Dealer refuses to release order number saying the Toyota tracking app is inaccurate. Again,  So much for managing customer expectations! 

Oh wow Geoff, again another story of poor customer service from Toyota.  Not sure why your order is taking so long when I hear of some customers ordering in March and April already receiving their orders.  Did you order any extras such as Panoramic roof which seems to be delaying delivery up to 3 months now I've been told.

Reference tracking online, you don't need your order number, just email address that you used during ordering process.  When you create a login it should recognise that you have a car on order.  Your car order will appear showing order number at the top.

Yes, ordered excel with  tech pack. This should make little difference as it takes less than a day to produce a car once on the line. The dash etc are all pre assembled. The problem could be France who seem reluctant to make RHD cars?

3 hours ago, STEVEBE said:

I don't know all the ins and outs of the sales of goods regulations here but it would seem a little odd for any company to take orders when there is a remote chance of fulfilment especially when you give a non-returnable deposit. 

Your contract is with your dealer, not Toyota, so as regards sales regulations (eg. Consumer Rights Act 2015), your right of redress is with the dealer. 

It isn't just semiconductor shortages which are affecting production and deliveries, the situation in Ukraine which in recent years has been a large supplier of parts to manufacturers, the residual affects of Covi, etc,  are also affecting supplies.

Ford, for example, stated last month that they were only able to accept orders for pre-configured models of the Fiesta and Focus (ie. no availability of specifying options, etc), and in the last week have said they are no longer accepting orders for the Focus. Renault, Volvo and Peugeot are deleting some standard features of their cars to cut delivery times. Etc.

3 hours ago, ISL said:

I have been requesting any cancelled order since June and now totally given up

As regards cancelled order availability, I would imagine that dealers have number of customers who would like to accept a cancelled order, and unfortunately they cannot just conjure these up.

Toyota Owners Club is independent and has no association with Toyota, and Toyota neither visit the Club nor will reply via the Club. So your point of contact if you wish to complain is your Toyota importer.

At the end of the day, you can either continue to wait or choose to go elsewhere. The choice is yours.

• Like 1

Being the recipient of a Mazda Yaris soon, I wonder how much of a knock on impact introducing the Mazda2 Hybrid to the production line has had? It is after all a Yaris bar the Badge, with some features moved across e.g. HUD. 

We went for the Mazda for no other reason than a poor customer experience at our Toyota dealership; we may have made an unexpected move with benefits.

Hope all those waiting dont have to wait too long that it takes away the undoubted excitement of a new car.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Espiga said:

Yes, ordered excel with  tech pack. This should make little difference as it takes less than a day to produce a car once on the line. The dash etc are all pre assembled. The problem could be France who seem reluctant to make RHD cars?

A member here also ordered the excel tech pack in Jan this year, was told to expect delivery next year mar/April. 

It's the tech pack HUD and JBL which is in very short supplies. Without tech pack it would take 6-8 months from what members here who have ordered. 

Giving the HUD and yaris to Mazda wouldn't have helped, though Toyota tech package comes with jbl Speakers too. Had Toyota not given the HUD to Mazda then they could configure cars without the JBL, just include the HUD for those who like me wants it. Definitely has a knock on effect with the Mazda Yaris. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Giving the HUD and yaris to Mazda wouldn't have helped

Toyota agreed to supply Mazda with a version of the Yaris back in 2020 - well before the situation with Ukraine which has hindered parts supplies for a number of manufacturers and before Toyota were as badly affected by the semiconductor shortages. The main reason for this is to bring down Mazda's fleet average emissions and avoid fines.

Don't forget until 2020 Toyota and Mazda had an arrangement for Toyota to use a variant of the current Mazda 2 in the US in place of the European built Yaris. Mazda and Toyota also have a joint venture manufacturing plant in the US - Toyota Mazda Manufacturing USA - where the Corolla Cross is built for that market.

The Yaris agreement is probably a short term arrangement as Mazda are looking to move their entire range upmarket - which would possibly mean vacating the supermini sector.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Espiga said:

Yaris, motorway driving. Is the latest yaris a relaxed motorway drive

Very - Esp. with the auto-steer and radar cruise control, you practically don't have to drive!

The electric motor and petrol engine have much more torque on tap than the previous gen hybrids that overtaking is a breeze, and if you settle down the car will drop to ~2000rpm at almost any speed so it's got diesel-levels of motorway refinement.

If you're on a flat (or increasingly steep declines as you go faster!), the car can just run on the electric motor at any speed below 80-ish, which also adds to the refinement and fuel saving.

The seats aren't fantastic tho' - I use a folded towel to provide lumbar support, otherwise I get horrible lower-back ache if I drive more than 30 mins!

I will say now is not a great time to get a car tho'  -All the parts shortages mean the specs are compromised - Not much Toyota can do about that and other marques have similar issues (I know of one manufacturer who removed touchscreens completely and just have a dumb display!).

If you don't *need* a new car (And I did fairly urgently thanks to KHAAAAN!), it'd be best to wait out this craziness unless you don't want all the extra toys!

• Like 2

I have a small dilemma, should I get metallic paint when I put in an order? £615 extra - carwow discount to about £550. I had white cars for the last 8 years, certainly don't want another white one for the long term again. 

The reason being I would like the HUD and JBL when they become available in the future and upgrade the car to a new one. Spending £550 extra now may not recoup the money minus depreciation in a few years time. Though I get the colour that I want. Circumstances are changeable in the future of course, a lot if and buts.  🤔

• Like 1

Projected delivery dates changing constantly. Slipped from mid October to mid November. Not sure if specifying the navigation had anything to do with the delay?

Don't think so as nav is just a software. All these long lead times are due to part shortages, electronics. 

I'm looking to order the excel later this month and are not expecting it until next summer. If arriving sooner then it's a bonus. 

• Like 1

Everybody thinks coronavirus doesn’t exist any more and can’t understand these delays.   The attached is todays stats and look at the global figures and how much is Asia where a lot of the components come from.  Each time it sweeps through a suppliers workforce, our delivery dates are effected.  It bewilders me how people react on this forum from disappointment to downright outrage at Toyotas disgusting customer service.  Toyota want you to have your car and all of the add ons just as much as you do but people are dying over there.  I want mine too but I’m prepared to wait than risk the health of somebody with a far more modest lifestyle than mine.   By the end of 2025 you’ll be able to go into a dealer and choose the colour and spec of a car sitting in Derby and second hand prices will have plummeted.   In the meantime, stop worrying about delivery dates and keep in mind if there is another mutation, we might all come down with it again.   We’ve not even mentioned semiconductors    

78CBEA51-FA65-4B32-966D-AD971F2807D7.jpeg

• Like 1

On a more upbeat note I took delivery of my Yaris Design yesterday.

In my case I was aware when I placed the order of delays (but the upside was my then present car was worth considerably more than it otherwise would be so making a new car feasible), and I was fortunate that the original time forecast was pretty much spot on. I was quoted five to six months when I ordered in late February and the car arrived late July - I waited until the new registration hence picking it up yesterday.

I gather also from some posts here that some dealers haven't always covered themselves in glory in terms of keeping people informed and so forth, so to redress the balance a little I have to say mine were excellent at all times and the handover was very thorough and professional.

I do hope those of you waiting soon take delivery of your cars - or at least be given a more clear idea of when you may do so. The picture below is my car just before I drove away from the dealer parked next to a Yaris Cross in the same colour!

BTW: a spectacular sight at the dealership was about a dozen identical colour and spec Yaris Cross's with their 72 plates all lined up ready to go out: a big fleet order apparently with another ten to follow!

Yaris & Cross.jpeg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Spiral82 said:

On a more upbeat note I took delivery of my Yaris Design yesterday.

Yaris & Cross.jpeg

Superb, congratulations, I’ve got a Design Model on order also in white, best colour imo. I’m still waiting patiently (ordered mine on 16 Feb) but unfortunately dealer never provides any updates, have to chase for info then they often don’t come back. So still no idea when I will take delivery.

To be fair, my new car dealer experience was already pretty bad before they had legitimate excuses about supply chain and production issues...!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

To be fair, my new car dealer experience was already pretty bad before they had legitimate excuses about supply chain and production issues...!

I’ve never struggled.  Often cars were only a week or maybe two coming from the holding compound and if it’s a factory order I don’t need to know until the week before!

Again I have never had problems with new car orders - that's with 21 new cars across five Japanese and Korean manufacturers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Again I have never had problems with new car orders - that's with 21 new cars across five Japanese and Korean manufacturers.

Same here on new car orders until this one with Toyota but these are extraordinary times & accept that. 

In the past I have found Mitsubishi, Honda, Nissan to be exceptional. Not so good Porsche, Audi and VW. My last experience buying a new car from Mitsubishi in 2018 was first class where they explained every part of the process in detail.

With regards to Toyota and the dealership I am using currently they have not provided one single update unless I have chased first. Was also accidentally cc’d on an internal email which was embarrassingly rude.

I only used this company because they provided the best price (but I guess not service), so once I receive my car I’ll be using my local Toyota dealer for servicing.

Like everything in life you get good and bad in all, sometimes lucky, sometimes not.

FinallyI have collected my Yaris excel today 🙂

while reading the user guide it stated that there is wireless charger (if equipped). I will have a look at mine tomorrow but I don’t think mine has this

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Toothmouse said:

FinallyI have collected my Yaris excel today 🙂

while reading the user guide it stated that there is wireless charger (if equipped). I will have a look at mine tomorrow but I don’t think mine has this

Congratulations!  I’ve got the same model don’t think the wireless charger is available in the UK mine certainly doesn’t have it 

10 hours ago, Toothmouse said:

while reading the user guide it stated that there is wireless charger (if equipped).

The owner's manual covers various markets - not just the UK. So some features won't apply to UK models.

The wireless charger is the area to the base of the centre console behind the gear lever. Toyota Yariseses in the UK arent fitted with them as Mazda took them all for their Yaris 🤣.

Just saying.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links