Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashcam

PAISLEY1903

If you buy online from Nextbase DON'T buy immediately, dither a few minutes until the Sales Bot offers 10% and interest free.  You could get lucky.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If you buy online from Nextbase DON'T buy immediately, dither a few minutes until the Sales Bot offers 10% and interest free.  You could get lucky.

Thanks. Did you buy a kit from Nextbase and which one?

Dealer want £500 for front and back cams but the 380 isn't as good as the 622

My Norwich dealer charged £379 incl vat for 380GW front & rear last October (2023).  It has a removable rechargeable Battery in the main unit for parking mode.

It's been much more reliable than the Nextbase Duo HD Dashcam I had in the RAV4 from 4½ years ago and links to my Android phone just fine.

Parking mode still isn't the best because unlike the first two dashcams I had which recorded a minute prior to being triggered as well as after, the Nextbase only starts recording just after an impact.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Torrox said:

Thanks. Did you buy a kit from nextbase and which one?

My first was a dealer supplied 380GW.  It was not upgradable but Nextbase sold me a rear camera at a discount. 

Next car, as I had front and rear the dealer,  the dealer sold and fitted a 380GWX.

For the next car they will transfer my 380GWX to the new car.

The discount offer popped up as I was browsing the Nextbase site.  Also if you speak with them you might get an offer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

My Norwich dealer charged £379 incl vat for 380GW front & rear last October (2023).  It has a removable rechargeable battery in the main unit for parking mode.

It's been much more reliable than the Nextbase Duo HD Dashcam I had in the RAV4 from 4½ years ago and links to my Android phone just fine.

Parking mode still isn't the best because unlike the first two dashcams I had which recorded a minute prior to being triggered as well as after, the Nextbase only starts recording just after an impact.

Thank for your comments. I think £379 is reasonable. Say fitting costs £130 then front and rear is about £250. I think your previous cam triggered differently so it could record 1 min before. I understand these nextbases trigger by G sensor so it can only record after the vibrations occur.

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

My first was a dealer supplied 380GW.  It was not upgradable but Nextbase sold me a rear camera at a discount. 

Next car, as I had front and rear the dealer,  the dealer sold and fitted a 380GWX.

For the next car they will transfer my 380GWX to the new car.

The discount offer popped up as I was browsing the Nextbase site.  Also if you speak with them you might get an offer.

Thank you for your answer. Nextbase website offers a kit which includes a 622GW front and a rear cam + 256 GB sd card+ a carry case for £289. Adding £99 for fitting + hardwired kit so that only £388. I hesitate going with this kit because I think the main cam is much bigger than the 380 that the dealer offers. Would love to see someone has done to their car with this kit.

16 minutes ago, Torrox said:

I think your previous cam triggered differently so it could record 1 min before.

Yes, in addition to G  sensor, motion  detected by one of the cameras would trigger a recording.  These needed both a permanently live and ignition protected power source, and used a voltage drop sensor to shut down when necessary to protect the car's 12V Battery.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links