Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Picked mine up today, ordered in October last year, PHEV dynamic with pan roof and JBL, they managed to miss the JBL off though.
61mpg on the way home, pleased.
Only issue is my home charger keeps tripping so I'm going to have that checked out.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 20.42.53.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all.

The Rav4 PHEV we ordered a year ago is now showing being in transit between Portbury and the dealer.

In your experience, how long does this bit take usually based on recent deliveries?

Thanks in advance,

LD

Depends on the dealer, area location mine took a few weeks to arrive then in the dealer queue to get the car ready for me to collect.

Update: changed 'few days' to 'few weeks', typo on my part, appologies.

7 hours ago, Lasser Drakar said:

in transit between Portbury and the dealer.

I didn't think that it worked quite like that ... cars go from Portbury to Burnaston where Toyota do whatever they do to imported cars, and then from Burnaston to the dealer. The waits for and transports shouldn't take too long, but the times to get through Burnaston and through PDI at the dealer have been known to take rather longer ...

15 hours ago, ernieb said:

Depends on the dealer, area location mine took a few weeks to arrive then in the dealer queue to get the car ready for me to collect.

Update: changed 'few days' to 'few weeks', typo on my part, appologies.

Thanks, yes, it appears to be weeks, it's been two weeks already.

Going back to October '21 when I picked mine up the MyT app showed the car sitting at the dealers for over a week, despite the salesman telling me it wasn't. To be fair they were very busy though, still suffering from post Covid

I ordered last week and was told December is the expected delivery (at point of order). Will be interesting to see when it arrives, especially given some of the waits I've seen reading through this thread!

8 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I ordered last week and was told December is the expected delivery (at point of order). Will be interesting to see when it arrives, especially given some of the waits I've seen reading through this thread!

That's quick. Sounds like things have improved. I was told 9 to 12 months, and took delivery after 9.5 months.

5 minutes ago, Griff_4988 said:

That's quick. Sounds like things have improved. I was told 9 to 12 months, and took delivery after 9.5 months.

I do wonder if thats the salesman being honest or just being optimistic. I spoke to different dealer before thee one I bought from and they were saying Jan/Feb...

When I was called to say they had my car on site after just about exactly 9 months, I presumed they knew it would be around that, but told me 9 to 12 to give themselves some flexibility, so if it was actually 10 or 11 months I wouldn't be moaning to them about late delivery etc.

1 hour ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

From order to delivery shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 months. That allows:

• Say, a month for the order to go into production - that will depend on order volumes vs production capacity
  • Two days in the factory
  • Two months to ship the car to Portbury the UK, get it through the Burnaston process, on to your dealer and through PDI to be ready for handover to you

plus a bit of contingency.

Throughout 2021 and 2022, Toyota suffered significant production issues due to Covid, semi-conductor shortages and supply chain issues. Each month, Toyota would issue an update to their Production Schedule (for Japan) showing which lines weren't going to run and when. The last such update was March 2023 (and that affected Lexus models only). Since March the production lines have been running 'normally'.

So, it is reasonable to 'hope' that by now Toyota will have largely caught-up with back orders and should be able to achieve 'reasonable' delivery times. And on that basis, September to December seems 'reasonable. 😉

• Like 2

The economic slow down and fall in new car sales/orders is also a factor too. 

• Like 1

I was told by both VW and Toyota franchise sales people that if the sales person gives an overly optimistic delivery date which isn’t met that the Franchise would be fined, so both Franchises are always happy to deliver ‘early’ but give a pessimistic delivery date to the customer.

Both my VW and subsequently RAV 4 both arrived early on the original planned date. Not by much I might add. Both cars took over 12 months to be delivered!

• Like 1

As with many things in life, it’s better to under promise and over deliver than to over promise and under deliver. Keeps the customer happier that way.

• Like 2

My Design PHEV will be delivered end of this week after 12 months and one week.

Just before the MoT on the old car runs out.

• Like 2

Update from me - car is now due by early November. Dealer said it'll take about 8 days to sort it all so 2nd week of November should be all mine.

Quite surprised just how quickly, especially since made in Japan it is all done and with me. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Don't expect 2 key fobs coming with the car, there's a shortage of microchips and the second fob is to follow at no allotted time, mine only came with one and it's a pain sometimes.

20 hours ago, GBgraham said:

Don't expect 2 key fobs coming with the car, there's a shortage of microchips and the second fob is to follow at no allotted time, mine only came with one and it's a pain sometimes.

I assume they will not charge for the 2nd one? and that it despite no allotted time it would be within 12 months...surely??

21 hours ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I assume they will not charge for the 2nd one? and that it despite no allotted time it would be within 12 months...surely??

No there shouldn't be a charge at all but you will have to book into the dealer to get it programmed to the car.

• Sad 1

Having checked the tracker the latest update is it is at the 'Derbyshire - Intransit' stage. Will it be after this the VIN number appears against the ordered car? 

53 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Having checked the tracker the latest update is it is at the 'Derbyshire - Intransit' stage. Will it be after this the VIN number appears against the ordered car? 

Orders are tracked by order number. Registered cars are tracked by VIN. Once the car is registered and in your 'owned cars' list it will have an associated VIN.

The VIN is, of course, already stamped onto the chassis ... 😉

• Thanks 1

Yep, I’m sure my VIN number became available in the MyT app around the time the delivery status became ‘left the factory’ (in Japan), and before it arrived in the UK. From this I was able to download the correct handbooks from the Toyota website several weeks before I ever saw the car.

54 minutes ago, Griff_4988 said:

Yep, I’m sure my VIN number became available in the MyT app around the time the delivery status became ‘left the factory’ (in Japan), and before it arrived in the UK. From this I was able to download the correct handbooks from the Toyota website several weeks before I ever saw the car.

That was the exact purpose I was going to use it for but it seems I shall have to wait a little while longer to be able to see it.

Thanks all the same everyone 

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would update the thread!

I received my car on Friday! 🥳

I've driven plenty of trucks/suv's in my town over in the US and Canada but over here I have always had hatchbacks and saloons. I feel like I'm sat in a a380 🤣. I do love the car though only been on a few short drives so far but its been brilliant

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links