Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

17 minutes ago, Centaur said:

Certainly! 😄

A bit of good news today, as my car is now showing as having arrived in Portbury!!!

How long does it take from there to get to Derbyshire and then onwards to my dealer?

3 weeks ish.

• Thanks 1

I was told order books closed and no date to reopen by my dealer … but a customer had cancelled their order after they registered his car for him .  Net result a brand new PHEV sitting in the colour I wanted for only £1k more than a one year old 13,000 mile example !

I have put a deposit down and they are in the process of ‘de-registering’ it with DVLA as it never went anywhere.  I can’t wait. Just walked into the dealer at the right time. It is a Dynamic with the new Sat nav/infotainment system etc.

He had waited a year. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SO8 said:

I was told order books closed and no date to reopen by my dealer … but a customer had cancelled their order after they registered his car for him .  Net result a brand new PHEV sitting in the colour I wanted for only £1k more than a one year old 13,000 mile example !

I have put a deposit down and they are in the process of ‘de-registering’ it with DVLA as it never went anywhere.  I can’t wait. Just walked into the dealer at the right time. It is a Dynamic with the new Sat nav/infotainment system etc.

He had waited a year. 

Congrats! How lucky are you, can you pick my lottery numbers for tonight?! 

• Haha 2

1 month and my RAV4 arrived 🚗, order given in november

My golf 6 is 1/2 broken🤔

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 12:34 PM, pepperoni said:

Well Andy, your calculations of the ship were correct...it's now in Blighty and according to the app on its way to my dealer (although we know that that's a somewhat torturous adventure, despite the app portraying it as a quick trip on a car transporter) but at least its here....my hubby is a pleased as I am, but that's more to do with the thought of getting full use of his car!!...perhaps I'll let my dealer know. 

Same here. My MYT app just updated saying it's on the way to the dealer! 475 days since ordered. 

Three cheers for the Delhi Highway! 

My timeline for those that might want to know.

Ordered: 24/12/2021

Processing: 432 Days

Build Start: 01/03/2023

Build: 8 Days

Build Finish: 08/03/2023

Left Factory 12/03/2023

Arrived in UK 12/04/2023

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sonosp said:

Same here. My MYT app just updated saying it's on the way to the dealer! 475 days since ordered. 

Three cheers for the Delhi Highway! 

My timeline for those that might want to know.

Ordered: 24/12/2021

Processing: 432 Days

Build Start: 01/03/2023

Build: 8 Days

Build Finish: 08/03/2023

Left Factory 12/03/2023

Arrived in UK 12/04/2023

Mine arrived on the 11th and is now in Derbyshire. Cant imagine what they do there that takes so long but after waiting 490 days I guess another couple of weeks is nothing. 

Hi. Ordered a new RAV4 plug-in hybrid (Dynamic Premium) 13 months ago. We have no idea of delivery date - originally told 9 months - dealer just says no change. Has anyone else ordered and received any positive news? 

There are already other threads covering this topic……… 

I ordered a similar car in February 2022.  It went into build on 28 February and has just got to Toyota's Derbyshire plant.  On that basis, yours should go into build sometime fairly soon.

My ETA to my dealer is now the 26th of April....it's getting nearer!!. 

Similar topics merged.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, pepperoni said:

Mine arrived on the 11th and is now in Derbyshire. Cant imagine what they do there that takes so long but after waiting 490 days I guess another couple of weeks is nothing. 

Pleased to hear that your RAV4 has arrived safely into the UK after its long cruise holiday...  I still don't know which ship mine actually arrived on!  Its due at the dealer about now.

Hi. Ordered my wife a new RAV4 plug-in last March with a 9 to 12 month delivery expectation. The dealer still has no idea of delivery date. Are there others in a similar position? Should Toyota service our current RAV whilst waiting? DMC

39 minutes ago, DMC24 said:

Should Toyota service our current RAV whilst waiting?

Similar topics merged.

It is down to you who you use to service your existing car as you're paying.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:24 AM, DMC24 said:

Hi. Ordered a new RAV4 plug-in hybrid (Dynamic Premium) 13 months ago. We have no idea of delivery date - originally told 9 months - dealer just says no change. Has anyone else ordered and received any positive news? 

Hi

I ordered the same model in April 2022, and it still hasn’t gone in to build yet. You also won’t be getting the Dynamic Premium. I visited my dealer on Friday (14th April), and the build is now for a dynamic with a Pan-sunroof. No head-up display, no JBL sound system, No PVM, no leather interior etc…

Having mused over this for a day or two, I’ve decided to cancel my order. I have just (this morning) bought a 1 year old Lexus 350H premium plus (with pan roof) instead. ..no more waiting around!
Not a happy ending, but at least everyone should move up the queue bye one place, now my order is being cancelled.

As a side note… I have just added the £51k Lexus to my existing RAV4 insurance with Aviva. The premium for fully comp insurance for six months (up to my renewal date) was only £173 additional. Aviva matched my NCD of 15 years on my old RAV4, and mirrored it onto my new Lexus which I think is amazing.

Kind regards to all who have contributed to this thread over the last year or so, you have made my wait a little less painful, and I hope you all get your cars soon.

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments. Hope you enjoy the new Lexus. I will discuss with the dealer as crazy to not get the car as ordered! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:01 PM, DMC24 said:

Thank you for your comments. Hope you enjoy the new Lexus. I will discuss with the dealer as crazy to not get the car as ordered! 

but you won't pay for the bits you don't get, so the price will be adjusted.

It's not unusual because since you ordered it the base features for the dynamic has changed. You also get a better infotainment screen. You didnt order those nice new bits. It cuts both ways. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sonosp said:

It's not unusual because since you ordered it the base features for the dynamic has changed. You also get a better infotainment screen. You didnt order those nice new bits. It cuts both ways. 

Other than the infotainment / dashboard screens, do you know what else has changed since when I ordered mine in February 2022?  There is no current brochure, so it seems impossible to know!

On 3/18/2023 at 8:00 AM, richie69 said:

Update on mine from Finland:

Ordered 3/2022, first eta was 8/2022 --> 9/2022 and then last fall turned in to 4/2023

Production: 1/2023, left Japan 2/2023

Now on the way here, ETA 4/2023

Can't compare this order/model to UK orders, the model lineups/accessories are different let alone the fact the steering wheel is on the other side 😛 . My guess is that the production quota in the Japanese factories is relatively bigger for the Nordic markets than it is to North America or UK. 

Hi, have you received your car yet?

Sorry for this thread drift however, is the Highlander similarly affected? I am only asking given there a number of elements shared with the RAV under the skin including the powertrain. 

27 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Sorry for this thread drift however, is the Highlander similarly affected? I am only asking given there a number of elements shared with the RAV under the skin including the powertrain. 

... and pretty much all of the IT systems. I don't know, but probably - just with the RAVs you can't currently build one on the web and there's no way to price and order one.

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

... and pretty much all of the IT systems. I don't know, but probably - just with the RAVs you can't currently build one on the web and there's no way to price and order one.

As far as I can see Philip you can't build a Highlander either.

As far as I'm aware the UK market Highlander is built in the US as opposed to the Rav4 which is built in Japan.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware the UK market Highlander is built in the US as opposed to the Rav4 which is built in Japan.

As you say, global production of the Highlander does appear to have shifted to Indiana ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links