Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

9 hours ago, newbieRAV4 said:

Well I spoke too soon...  Unexpectedly MyT is now showing my car as having arrived in Portbury.  No idea which ship it came on, but glad it is finally in the country.

Andy, the MyT app updates for my car back in '21 were all over the place once the car was in the UK so don't rely on them being 100% accurate.

Glad your's has made it to the UK, not long now 🙌

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Andy, the MyT app updates for my car back in '21 were all over the place once the car was in the UK so don't rely on them being 100% accurate.

Glad your's has made it to the UK, not long now 🙌

Thanks for the warning Ernie.  It's fair to say my expectations of the MyT app are pretty low already, based on experience so far 🙄

12 hours ago, newbieRAV4 said:

Well I spoke too soon...  Unexpectedly MyT is now showing my car as having arrived in Portbury.  No idea which ship it came on, but glad it is finally in the country.

Perhaps mine is on that ship...when I spoke with CS they did say mine had left the factory even though the app thought it was still in production....I'm carless atm so super keen to have it!!

3 hours ago, pepperoni said:

Perhaps mine is on that ship...when I spoke with CS they did say mine had left the factory even though the app thought it was still in production....I'm carless atm so super keen to have it!!

If it helps Lynn, according to MyT mine "left the factory" on 28th Feb and "arrived Portbury" on 2nd April.  I get the impression from other posts on here that the dealer information is often more accurate - in fact my dealer said a month or so ago that the estimated delivery to them was 12th April (distinctly possible now I guess) whereas I've never had any estimated date from MyT.

2 hours ago, newbieRAV4 said:

If it helps Lynn, according to MyT mine "left the factory" on 28th Feb and "arrived Portbury" on 2nd April.  I get the impression from other posts on here that the dealer information is often more accurate - in fact my dealer said a month or so ago that the estimated delivery to them was 12th April (distinctly possible now I guess) whereas I've never had any estimated date from MyT.

It does actually thank you, Andy. According to MyT emails mine left the factory 8th March, 8 days after build start. So I'm thinking it might arrive with me 1st week May, or earlier with a good following wind. My dealer didn't really have any idea when I last spoke with him in February. It was Toyota CS who gave me the ETA of end April early May. 

Does anyone know what "left the factory" on the app means? (Apart from the bleedin' obvious). Is it sitting in a compound somewhere near Toyota City, or, as the icon would suggest, is it already on a boat? If that stage of the app is triggered by a ship departure, i can get a pretty good idea of when it will arrive at Portbury.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:01 PM, arciss0 said:

Guys, I did order plug in RAV4’s on 06-03-23. So 18days ago. I didn’t receive email from Toyota thanks for new order. Just sales person send me later. In MyT app is no new orders. Cos I’m very suspicious of my dealer and this order, I called him last week he was telling me now they not putting in MyT anymore rav4, u will get notification when will leave factory. I’m thinking tmrw contact Toyota costumer service and ask them wat is going on. Cos my local Steve Eagell dealer milking something 

can some one tell me more about this plz ? 

We've been told since Jan 2023 the current order book is closed, as there is a facelift due out later this year. Getting mixed messages. Showroom model appears to have new instrument cluster, yet was told it was the outgoing model.

We're not expecting to be able to order anything until September at the earliest.

58 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

We've been told since Jan 2023 the current order book is closed, as there is a facelift due out later this year. Getting mixed messages. Showroom model appears to have new instrument cluster, yet was told it was the outgoing model.

We're not expecting to be able to order anything until September at the earliest.

Given the RAV 4.5 is now 4 years into its life, a facelift this year would seem about right although how far it will go remains to be seen. The car is incredibly popular on a worldwide basis so I wouldn’t expect too much to change. 

1 hour ago, simc said:

Does anyone know what "left the factory" on the app means? (Apart from the bleedin' obvious). Is it sitting in a compound somewhere near Toyota City, or, as the icon would suggest, is it already on a boat? If that stage of the app is triggered by a ship departure, i can get a pretty good idea of when it will arrive at Portbury.

My timeline was as follows, you may be able to work out approximate timings from my dates.

Processing the order 21/4/2021

Build in progress (Toyota City, Japan) 22/4/2021

Left the factory 24/4/2021

Expected delivery 9/6/2021

Took delivery Friday 11/6/2021

Approx 6.1/2 weeks from leaving the factory to being sat on my drive.

1 hour ago, Rigsby said:

My timeline was as follows, you may be able to work out approximate timings from my dates.

Processing the order 21/4/2021

Build in progress (Toyota City, Japan) 22/4/2021

Left the factory 24/4/2021

Expected delivery 9/6/2021

Took delivery Friday 11/6/2021

Approx 6.1/2 weeks from leaving the factory to being sat on my drive.

That sounds reasonable. A month on the ship, then whatever they do for pdi in Derbyshire, then on to the dealer. So mine left the factory 28/3/23 and should be with me around mid May.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, newbieRAV4 said:

Alan

I'm currently tracking Delhi Highway as I think my RAV4 is probably on that - it's only an assumption, based on when the car left the factory according to MyT, and when the ship left Nagoya.  Delhi Highway is scheduled to arrive in Portbury on 10 or 11 April.

Andy

Well this gets in today, and I'm hopeful that mine is on it, tomorrow perhaps I'll get an email...then again.....!!

2 hours ago, pepperoni said:

Well this gets in today, and I'm hopeful that mine is on it, tomorrow perhaps I'll get an email...then again.....!!

Fingers crossed for you Lynn.  Mine is now lurking somewhere in Derbyshire - hopefully in the Toyota facility at Burnaston having done whatever gets done there.  Dealer is expecting it on the 25th. So my fingers crossed too...

Andy

38 minutes ago, newbieRAV4 said:

Fingers crossed for you Lynn.  Mine is now lurking somewhere in Derbyshire - hopefully in the Toyota facility at Burnaston having done whatever gets done there.  Dealer is expecting it on the 25th. So my fingers crossed too...

Andy

That's great news Andy, hope it's on time for you. Mine left the factory 7 days after yours so timings looking good so far for the predicted 1st week May. 

Well Andy, your calculations of the ship were correct...it's now in Blighty and according to the app on its way to my dealer (although we know that that's a somewhat torturous adventure, despite the app portraying it as a quick trip on a car transporter) but at least its here....my hubby is a pleased as I am, but that's more to do with the thought of getting full use of his car!!...perhaps I'll let my dealer know. 

• Like 1

Well I'm ready...😃

IMG_0282.jpeg

1 minute ago, pepperoni said:

Well I'm ready...😃

IMG_0282.jpeg

The Milenco is reassuringly heavy and I’m used to fitting the device to my steering wheel.

Just be sure to insert the key all the way otherwise it will not open.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

The Milenco is reassuringly heavy and I’m used to fitting the device to my steering wheel.

Just be sure to insert the key all the way otherwise it will not open.

Thanks Ernie, I used a disclok many many years back and remember having to call the RAC out because the lock failed...they got it off...never again!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pepperoni said:

Thanks Ernie, I used a disclok many many years back and remember having to call the RAC out because the lock failed...they got it off...never again!

Ouch !  Would you say the Milenco feels better made / gives at least as much faith re withstanding attack ?

3 hours ago, pepperoni said:

Well I'm ready...😃

IMG_0282.jpeg

Snap...  but in yellow....    just need a car now only been 16 months though, so no premature celebrations until i get a notification.........

49 minutes ago, SO8 said:

Ouch !  Would you say the Milenco feels better made / gives at least as much faith re withstanding attack ?

It's solid, I'll say that for it, and seems smooth on lock/unlocking. I imagine I'll be able to fit/remove this quite quickly. I found the disklok a bit unwieldy when I was younger...now old-age is creeping on, I think I'm far better with this😁

• Haha 1

I bought my Milenco awhile back after looking at various reviews and was reassured to see that it was police recommended. Mine is the yellow version but that or the silver one makes it clear there is a lock. Yes, it can be cut off the steering wheel but I do feel it's very visible detterrent and sends the message that the owner is aware of security.  It's not a lot of money against the cost of the car and the pain of trying to recover it or worse still order a new one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pepperoni said:

Well I'm ready...😃

IMG_0282.jpeg

Do you think that's better than the stoplock?  I like my stoplock, its hefty but its shape makes it really difficult to stow in the boot

I’ve posted these before but these give some idea of how it looks when fitted. As I and others have said “it’s heavy” but I can manage it in one hand and lift it off and through the gap in the front seats and lower down to the rear footwell.

I can not compare the different types I figured this would do the job without having to manipulate a steel bar through and over bits of the steering wheel.

IMG_2675.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FORBES said:

Can we get back on topic please

Certainly! 😄

A bit of good news today, as my car is now showing as having arrived in Portbury!!!

How long does it take from there to get to Derbyshire and then onwards to my dealer?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links