Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

29 minutes ago, philip42h said:

What does this actually mean?

If they are going to supply the car at the originally agreed price and finance terms (albeit without the JBL goodies you originally ordered but otherwise a MY23 spec) then you are, probably, doing OK all things considered. (Better would be exactly what you ordered in a reasonable time frame but we are way past that now.)

If they want you to pay a MY23 spec price - i.e. more than you agreed to - for less than you ordered, then you would be well within your rights to decline to take delivery ... if that's what you wanted to do.

Yeah thats the thing, I don't know where I stand in this. The APR of the finance has already increased to 8% up from 4% that I signed in agreement to. The price of the car is being honoured - but the increase in the spec changes needs to be catered for.

+£ for 

Toyota Smart Connect

12.3" Digi Dash

Toyota Safety Sense 2.5

-£ JBL/anything else its missing that I ordered (maybe sunroof) 

The other question I have is that it seems crap if these changes/wait time push it over the £40,000 VAT TAX limit when the car is registered What its worth != what I'm paying for it.

It was £37k when I ordered it. If you order a new one now its not that price. 

10 minutes ago, sonosp said:

The other question I have is that it seems crap if these changes/wait time push it over the £40,000 VAT TAX limit when the car is registered What its worth != what I'm paying for it.

It is the list price of the car at first registration that determines whether  you will have to pay the additional vehicle tax from year 2.

Nothing to do with the price when the car was ordered.

This has already been discussed extensively earlier in this topic.

4 minutes ago, sonosp said:

Yeah thats the thing, I don't know where I stand in this. The APR of the finance has already increased to 8% up from 4% that I signed in agreement to. The price of the car is being honoured - but the increase in the spec changes needs to be catered for.

+£ for 

Toyota Smart Connect

12.3" Digi Dash

Toyota Safety Sense 2.5

-£ JBL/anything else its missing that I ordered (maybe sunroof) 

It was £37k when I ordered it. If you order a new one now its not that price. 

If the price of the car is being honoured I'd assume / expect that they are netting of the additional cost of what you do get against the loss of stuff that you don't ... which seems OKish to me under the circumstances.

An increase in the cost of finance would be disappointing ... they probably should honour the original agreement, but you won't know for certain until you go in to sign the paperwork about 1 week before you take delivery (if my experience is anything to go by). Note that the dealer doesn't have much say in this since that part is down to Toyota Finance.

And, sadly, you will be 'done' by the luxury car tax - the list price of a Dynamic HEV was over £40k when last it appeared on a Price List. Death and taxes and all that ... 😞

10 minutes ago, philip42h said:

If the price of the car is being honoured I'd assume / expect that they are netting of the additional cost of what you do get against the loss of stuff that you don't ... which seems OKish to me under the circumstances.

An increase in the cost of finance would be disappointing ... they probably should honour the original agreement, but you won't know for certain until you go in to sign the paperwork about 1 week before you take delivery (if my experience is anything to go by). Note that the dealer doesn't have much say in this since that part is down to Toyota Finance.

And, sadly, you will be 'done' by the luxury car tax - the list price of a Dynamic HEV was over £40k when last it appeared on a Price List. Death and taxes and all that ... 😞

Yeah I tried to argue against the original agreement on the finance cost changing but unfortunately I even escalated it up to toyota finance themselves and they said it's unfortunate that I do have to pay more. 

1 hour ago, sonosp said:

One question I do have. 

I ordered a 2022 model, it's coming as a 2023 model with the new upgrades:

Toyota Smart Connect

12.3" Digi Dash

Toyota Safety Sense 2.5

My dealership are saying that the original price will be honoured but I'll have to pay for the spec increases like above. It's also not coming with the JBL package due to parts not being available. 

My question is:

What leg do I stand on to refuse to pay for the above? They are nice new features sure but they werent in the spec that I signed for. So it feels crap that I have to pay more for them. 

Has your dealer quantified quite what those 2023 model changes amount to?  Personally, I would say that the upgrades were minor modifications to the specification, not a model change, and the extended wait has all been down to Toyota, so you shouldn't have to pay for upgrades that you never ordered and weren't even on the horizon at that time.  I am waiting to hear from my dealer about just the same issue, so it will be interesting to hear what other buyers are being quoted also.

With regard to the Premium Pack, the December 2021 price list states that to be £1,645 but you could separately order either the panoramic roof (£860) or the JBL system (£785).  That would suggest to me that you should expect a discount of £785 from your agreed price, to cover the loss of that part of the specification.

Yes. The following: 

Toyota Smart Connect

12.3" Digi Dash

Toyota Safety Sense 2.5

6 hours ago, sonosp said:

My rav4 entered build today too. Dynamic premium that I ordered on the 24th Dec 2021. 

THERE IS A LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL!

Have you had confirmation that the model being built will be a Dynamic Premium, as this model is no longer showing on the Toyota website? I.e. Will it have a leather interior, electric seats head up display, pan sunroof etc. OR Will it be built as a Dynamic….as the price differential between the two cars was over £3500 when ordered? Mark (above post) I am sure can help you out on the exact costings I’m sure👍

My comments relate to the PHEV DP, so may not apply to the HEV….In which case can be ignored.

20 minutes ago, Ravirules said:

My comments relate to the PHEV DP, so may not apply to the HEV….In which case can be ignored.

The poster was talking about a list price under £40k, so it will be an HEV, I am assuming.

34 minutes ago, sonosp said:

Yes. The following: 

Toyota Smart Connect

12.3" Digi Dash

Toyota Safety Sense 2.5

Yes, I understood from your initial post what the extra kit comprised but I was trying to ask whether your dealer has quantified that in financial terms.  i.e. How much is he proposing to add to your agreed order price?

On 2/21/2023 at 8:09 AM, nlee said:

Transit times haven't been discussed for a while but optimistically it is around..

1-2 weeks after build to getting on a boat

4 weeks from Japan to Portbury

1 week in Portbury

2 weeks in Burniston

2-3 days with the dealer.

These are probably best case based on what we've seen previously so looking at around 2 and a bit months from getting notified it has gone into build.

Well, it seems it's now being built...just the 10 weeks or so now to wait...total of 17months since order. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Centaur said:

Yes, I understood from your initial post what the extra kit comprised but I was trying to ask whether your dealer has quantified that in financial terms.  i.e. How much is he proposing to add to your agreed order price?

Unknown at this stage. Not sure even the dealer knows. I have asked though.

Also unknown if it's 100% a premium. At the time that amounted to the sunroof, JBL speaker pack + I think some safety stuff? I cant recall now exactly it was so long ago! 

The myT app doesnt indicate variant but I can assume because it's a bi-tone colour that it's the dynamic as no other model had the bitone colour options. 

To others above. Yes this is a HEV.

Your Model

RAV4
RAV4
2.5 Petrol Hybrid
Automatic
Decuma Grey Bi-tone (Metallic Paint)
Transmission

Automatic

Hold the enthusiasm....the dealer has sent me a screenshot from my order and as far as I can discern it's not the MY 23 but the MY22...what do you guys think, please. 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 12.07.03.jpeg

22 minutes ago, sonosp said:

Unknown at this stage. Not sure even the dealer knows. I have asked though.

Also unknown if it's 100% a premium. At the time that amounted to the sunroof, JBL speaker pack + I think some safety stuff? I can't recall now exactly it was so long ago! 

While there was a Dynamic Premium grade of the PHEV, there never was, AFAIK, a  Dynamic Premium grade of the HEV - instead, you could order a Dynamic (or Excel) with the Premium Pack. I assume that this is what you did ... ?

The Premium Pack included:

• Toyota Skyview® Panoramic Roof*,
  • JBL® Premium Sound System with 9 Speakers including an 8 channel, 800-Watt amplifier, 2x tweeters, 4x wide-dispersion speakers, 2x full range Speakers and subwoofer &
  • 360º Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)

Mine has the Premium Pack because I wanted the PVM system - I didn't particularly care about the Panoramic Roof or Premium Sound system. PVM came with JBL (and not without) and it appears that the JBL stuff is in very short supply ...

They can still supply you with a HEV Dynamic with a Skyview® Panoramic Roof but you'll now get the MY23 multimedia system with whatever 'extra goodies' come with that ...

I think ... 🙂

7 minutes ago, pepperoni said:

Hold the enthusiasm....the dealer has sent me a screenshot from my order and as far as I can discern it's not the MY 23 but the MY22...what do you guys think, please. 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 12.07.03.jpeg

It's entirely unclear ... 😉

If Toyota have started production of MY23 cars that's what you'll get - or at least, the nearest match to what you ordered in MY23 form.

The screenshot could be interpreted as saying that they'll complete the run-out of MY22 orders before they start MY23 production ... in which case you should then get exactly what you ordered.

I suspect the former based on what others have reported - but you'll know for certain in a matter of weeks. It's quite exciting really - if you like that sort of thing ... 😉

I won't be too excited if mine comes as a 2022MY and doesn't get the new dash and multimedia kit.  Indeed, there wasn't a 2022MY, so it would be a 2021MY!

To try to clarify things, I called Toyota Customer Services again to get an update.  Now that my car is actually in production, I assumed that they must know what model year was going to be built, plus the other specification.

They have confirmed that it will be a 2023MY RAV4 PHEV Dynamic, with a panoramic sunroof, in Silver Blade Bi-Tone.

It's a shame about losing the Dynamic Premium specification and my original colour choice but I'm happy that it will be a 2023MY.  That just leaves the potentially thorny issue of quite what price I will have to pay...

6 hours ago, Centaur said:

To try to clarify things, I called Toyota Customer Services again to get an update.  Now that my car is actually in production, I assumed that they must know what model year was going to be built, plus the other specification.

They have confirmed that it will be a 2023MY RAV4 PHEV Dynamic, with a panoramic sunroof, in Silver Blade Bi-Tone.

It's a shame about losing the Dynamic Premium specification and my original colour choice but I'm happy that it will be a 2023MY.  That just leaves the potentially thorny issue of quite what price I will have to pay...

With regards to the ‘thorny issue’. I have a screenshot of the MY2021 PHEV price list (too small to post a photo) if it helps!

Dynamic  £42,650.00

Dynamic Premium £46,150.00

So, exactly £3500 difference. I don’t have a figure for the pan sunroof, but ball park I seem to remember about £860.

Enjoy the negotiations!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Centaur said:

I am not a fan of a Silver colour but I love my Silver Blade - it has a certain je ne sais quoi (a hint of another colour - in my eyes). I hope you like it too. Mine was £42,650 but the dealer lopped off £1,000 as I really only wanted a Design - bizarre things happened then.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

I am not a fan of a Silver colour but I love my Silver Blade - it has a certain je ne sais quoi (a hint of another colour - in my eyes). I hope you like it too. Mine was £42,650 but the dealer lopped off £1,000 as I really only wanted a Design - bizarre things happened then.

I've seen a few PHEVs in Silver Blade and I do like it.  It is a good contrast to the black roof, bumpers, sills, etc, especially with the smart wheels, and it doesn't show the road grime either.

I also like the dark grey and navy and I would have been happy with either of those too.  I just fancied a change from my light grey Land Rover, so I was taken by the Scarlet Flare red.  There are nowhere near so many of those around, though, so maybe I will be better off with silver come resale time?  I wasn't thinking of that, though, as I was buying it for me, not somebody else!

My test drive was in a Silver Blade, looked very nice and was tempted but really wanted the Scarlet Flare.

I wanted a grey car when I was looking for mine but the one that I took for a test drive happened to be Silver Blade. The more I looked at it the more I liked it ... it is now parked outside.

• Like 1

My car too is Silver Blade, the reason I chose it was because I had a contrasting roof in black so I wished to maximise the contrast.

1 hour ago, NASY said:

My car too is Silver Blade, the reason I chose it was because I had a contrasting roof in black so I wished to maximise the contrast.

And indeed as a previous poster has stated, it doesn’t show the grime as much as most of the other colors.

35 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

And indeed as a previous poster has stated, it doesn’t show the grime as much as most of the other colors.

Continentals view the UK with suspicion as we don't like light coloured carpets 'as they show up the dirt'. The corollary being we are more than happy to put up with dirty carpets as long as it isn't noticeable!

🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

William, carpets in the 21st Century, I mean is Europe really that different? I guess maybe that goes some way to explaining the Eurovision Song Contest.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links