Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38299175.html

"As for the full-year production forecast for FY2023, we have taken future risks such as the shortage of semiconductors into account and announced 9.2 million units." --> November they said this was 9.7 million

In October:

"The global production plan for October through December is planned to average approximately 850,000 units per month. This plan is based on careful confirmation of parts supply and the personnel structures and facility capacities of our suppliers." --> Now "The planned global production volume for December is expected to be approximately 750,000 units (approx. 250,000 units in Japan and 500,000 units overseas)."

I'm not too optimistic about getting mine in April (already 8 months late than originally estimated).

At the risk of putting an overly optimistic spin on things, the RAV4 comes from Japan and Toyota are maintaining the 250,000 units per month Japanese production forecast. And the Takaoka Plant line #2 is active for all but two days in December ...

On 11/21/2022 at 5:28 PM, Mixstreme said:

WOW, Another ETA now updated by dealer taking this to an all new level...  ETA 26th June 2023.   HEV rav 4 Dynamic/ PAN / JbL / Black interior.

Ordered Dec 2021 -   had monthly updates and last 3 months have been ETA dates, now this jump.........

Absolutley Gutted.

Same here. Identical spec, ordered Dec 2021.

19 hours ago, philip42h said:

At the risk of putting an overly optimistic spin on things, the RAV4 comes from Japan and Toyota are maintaining the 250,000 units per month Japanese production forecast. And the Takaoka Plant line #2 is active for all but two days in December ...

It does seem that Toyota are now prioritising the RAV4 over the Lexus NX.

Lexus are now showing the NX350h as being "sold out" for 2023 in the UK....

I'd be amazed if they can maintain the 250,000 units beat rate, but they will clear the backlog in around 4 months if they do!

• 2 weeks later...

Being told now that my HEV Dynamic, Premium with JBL will be delivered in June now. A wait time of 18 months since the order of 24 Dec 21. 

Totally gutted. Also being told because of change of spec that the original price might not be honored. Dont know where I stand with it at all. 

I'm in a similar boat.  I ordered my Dynamic Premium PHEV in February 2022 and I am now told that it's not likely to be delivered until at least July 2023.  Worse, the spec has been downgraded to Dynamic, losing all the extras that caused the delay in the first place.  I have asked the dealer to upgrade it to the new GR-Sport spec, whenever that becomes available, to hopefully get back to a similar spec to that which I ordered.  However, I understand that this is likely to constitute a fresh order, losing my price protection.  It seems that Toyota can downgrade my order with impunity but, if I try to reinstate my original order, then I will have to pay for the 'upgrade'...

7 hours ago, Centaur said:

I'm in a similar boat.  I ordered my Dynamic Premium PHEV in February 2022 and I am now told that it's not likely to be delivered until at least July 2023.  Worse, the spec has been downgraded to Dynamic, losing all the extras that caused the delay in the first place.  I have asked the dealer to upgrade it to the new GR-Sport spec, whenever that becomes available, to hopefully get back to a similar spec to that which I ordered.  However, I understand that this is likely to constitute a fresh order, losing my price protection.  It seems that Toyota can downgrade my order with impunity but, if I try to reinstate my original order, then I will have to pay for the 'upgrade'...

When they downgraded the spec did they also revise the price down?

9 hours ago, Centaur said:

Yeah its very frustrating. Never experienced anything like this.

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

When they downgraded the spec did they also revise the price down?

Actually, I don't know what the situation is with regard to the price.  I was just told that Toyota have dropped the Dynamic Premium spec and now plan to build it as a Dynamic with the optional panoramic roof.  Presumably, there should be a refund of the difference between the list price of the two models when I first ordered the car (less the cost of the optional sunroof)?  However, I have not yet got into that conversation with the dealer, as I have made it clear that I'm more interested in the model that replaces the Dynamic Premium, which we are assuming will be the GR Sport.  Although I'm not keen on the idea of the 'sports suspension', I'm hoping that the rest of the spec will be similar to my original order.  Details have yet to be released, along with the pricing, so I will have to wait and see.  The dealer has said that there will be a price implication but that he will do everything he can with Toyota to mitigate the damage - again, time will tell...

1 hour ago, sonosp said:

Yeah its very frustrating. Never experienced anything like this.

Neither have the rest of the worlds motor industry - and beyond. I agree it must be frustrating however this situation isn’t unique to Toyota. If you don’t like Toyota’s response you can always order something from Ford et al, and compromise and wait…. The lengthy lead-in time supply problems are why I declined to join my employers discount EV car scheme and bought myself an older used ICE. Most of the cars on the list were 12 months delivery. 

Adrian

The only manufacturer that has new stock that I have found is Mazda, CX-5 and Cx-60, although the CX-5 is due an update.

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Neither have the rest of the worlds motor industry - and beyond. I agree it must be frustrating however this situation isn’t unique to Toyota. If you don’t like Toyota’s response you can always order something from Ford et al, and compromise and wait…. The lengthy lead-in time supply problems are why I declined to join my employers discount EV car scheme and bought myself an older used ICE. Most of the cars on the list were 12 months delivery. 

You say that but in this very forum there are buyers who ordered after me but got them sooner. It's frustrating to see. 

40 minutes ago, sonosp said:

You say that but in this very forum there are buyers who ordered after me but got them sooner. It's frustrating to see. 

It is almost certainly down to the spec that they ordered vs the spec that you ordered. I spoke to the dealer whence I purchased my car and they said that cars where JBL was spec'd (Premium?) were delayed because of unavailable JBL Speakers. If you didn't spec those then that particular delay would not have affected you. That will not be the only thing causing problems though.

Other manufacturers have the same issues and are changing specs to remove features that they are unable to supply.

4 hours ago, Centaur said:

I was just told that Toyota have dropped the Dynamic Premium spec and now plan to build it as a Dynamic with the optional panoramic roof.

With the HEV there never was a Dynamic Premium grade - just a Dynamic grade with a Premium pack option.

In the current (November) price list the PHEV is now available as just a Dynamic grade with a Premium pack option. If you previously ordered a Dynamic Premium, they really should be trying to order / deliver a Dynamic with the Premium pack option - that would give you the pan roof, JBL and PVM. But that might well have implications for timescale (JBL) and price since that would be an increase to the spec you originally ordered ...

I have the PHEV Dynamic Premium on order (from April) and have today received the following message from my main dealer:-

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you.  We continue to monitor your vehicle's progress and will be in touch closer to the eta with further information.

Looks a lot like mushroom management to me😉! (Google the term if unfamiliar).

Like Mark, I am not now realistically expecting to get what I have ordered, but am curious as to what deal I might be offered.

In the meantime, I now have the use of a Tesla 3. Only a few days in, so no concrete opinion yet as to what I like / dislike about it…apart from it goes like a 🚀.

Ordered an Excel AWD in Obsidian Blue on 22nd November (my first Toyota), I was told to expect 9 to 12 months for delivery, so we'll see what happens around September next year. I'm assured it will be a 23 MY with the improved infotainment screen etc..

A neighbour of mine recently also took delivery of an Excel, and he told me he waited around 11 months.

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

With the HEV there never was a Dynamic Premium grade - just a Dynamic grade with a Premium pack option.

In the current (November) price list the PHEV is now available as just a Dynamic grade with a Premium pack option. If you previously ordered a Dynamic Premium, they really should be trying to order / deliver a Dynamic with the Premium pack option - that would give you the pan roof, JBL and PVM. But that might well have implications for timescale (JBL) and price since that would be an increase to the spec you originally ordered ...

PVM is and unfortunately never was available on the PHEV in any trim. Premium on the PHEV does however have HUD and some other fripperies.  

3 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

PVM is and unfortunately never was available on the PHEV in any trim. Premium on the PHEV does however have HUD and some other fripperies.  

Oh yes it is ... check the current price list and options ... 😉

Edit: ... unless, of course, the current price list is just plain wrong ...

On 12/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, Strangely Brown said:

It is almost certainly down to the spec that they ordered vs the spec that you ordered. I spoke to the dealer whence I purchased my car and they said that cars where JBL was spec'd (Premium?) were delayed because of unavailable JBL speakers. If you didn't spec those then that particular delay would not have affected you. That will not be the only thing causing problems though.

Other manufacturers have the same issues and are changing specs to remove features that they are unable to supply.

I agree. Ordered a white Icon spec RAV4 in late January and it was available for collection late November

For those who think it is only Toyota that cannot supply cars and PHEV’s in particular, Skoda have stopped taking orders for the Octavia PHEV due to inability to meet existing orders. 

35 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

For those who think it is only Toyota that cannot supply cars and PHEV’s in particular, Skoda have stopped taking orders for the Octavia PHEV due to inability to meet existing orders. 

As well as lots of other manufacturers and even if you can get an order, it’s likely to be not the spec you think you’d ordered.

On 12/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, philip42h said:

Was told mine would be coming without the JBL at all.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

As well as lots of other manufacturers and even if you can get an order, it’s likely to be not the spec you think you’d ordered.

Yes, exactly. 

1 hour ago, sonosp said:

Was told mine would be coming without the JBL at all.

I understand the Premium pack on the PHEV does not include JBL which was part of the model specific Dynamic Premium. However I have No idea if HUD is still part of it? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

I understand the Premium pack on the PHEV does not include JBL which was part of the model specific Dynamic Premium. However I have No idea if HUD is still part of it? 

As mentioned earlier, according to the current price list the Premium Pack includes pan roof, JBL and PVM:

image.thumb.png.1945f236dc6f39623d3fb82c1925d432.png

Of course that may be 'wrong' or apply only to orders currently in progress since as far as I can tell one can't presently order a PHEV at all ...

I"m currently in New Zealand and I think that I have discovered why there are such long lead times for new RAV4s in the UK - they are clearly all going to New Zealand!  Whilst the current model is still quite a rare sight on UK roads, they are everywhere over here!  All right-hand drive too.  Maybe I ought to just bring one home with me...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links