Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I am sure I read the RAV is one of the best selling cars in Australia too. 

15 hours ago, Centaur said:

I"m currently in New Zealand and I think that I have discovered why there are such long lead times for new RAV4s in the UK - they are clearly all going to New Zealand!  Whilst the current model is still quite a rare sight on UK roads, they are everywhere over here!  All right-hand drive too.  Maybe I ought to just bring one home with me...

Probably because Australia and NZ don't obsessively faun over VW group and  luxury German and JLR cars to the exclusion of all else.

Worldwide the Rav4 PHEV consistently gets in the top billing, yet barely gets a mention in the UK motoring press. Reliability and engineering being more important elsewhere than the blingy badges so popular in the UK. So if Toyota doesn't prioritise the UK then its probably understandable.

Last time I checked I don't think NZ have the Rav4 PHEV  model yet and OZ said they had no plans to import the PHEV. I suppose a bit like Toyota  UK  deciding not to supply the UK with the Prius PHEV. 

4 hours ago, srt said:

Probably because Australia and NZ don't obsessively faun over VW group and  luxury German and JLR cars to the exclusion of all else.

Worldwide the Rav4 PHEV consistently gets in the top billing, yet barely gets a mention in the UK motoring press. Reliability and engineering being more important elsewhere than the blingy badges so popular in the UK. So if Toyota doesn't prioritise the UK then its probably understandable.

Last time I checked I don't think NZ have the Rav4 PHEV  model yet and OZ said they had no plans to import the PHEV. I suppose a bit like Toyota  UK  deciding not to supply the UK with the Prius PHEV. 

No, I don"t think that there are any PHEVs over here, which seems strange as the local, generally short-distance driving suits electrification probably more so than in the UK.  Certainly, there are an awful lot of Teslas running around here.

I’m in a similar situation, ordered a RAV 4 Excel on the 18th October expected date for delivery was April 2022 but I have nothing showing in the My T app.

Update on mine: Ordered Feb '22, original ETA September '22, now the ETA is April '23. Yesterday I got an email that the "factory has gotten my order" and the status is "waiting for production", even though in the MyT app the status has been like that from the start. Interestingly though there seems to be additional info on it now about the manufacturing facility (Toyota City, Aichi) and about the seaports on the way (fex.  Zeebrugge, Belgium) that wasn't there before. The car might be now on the factory's production schedule, can't think of any other reason why these things happened.

2 hours ago, richie69 said:

Update on mine: Ordered Feb '22, original ETA September '22, now the ETA is April '23. Yesterday I got an email that the "factory has gotten my order" and the status is "waiting for production", even though in the MyT app the status has been like that from the start. Interestingly though there seems to be additional info on it now about the manufacturing facility (Toyota City, Aichi) and about the seaports on the way (fex.  Zeebrugge, Belgium) that wasn't there before. The car might be now on the factory's production schedule, can't think of any other reason why these things happened.

What model did you order?

3 hours ago, richie69 said:

I also ordered i feb '22. New eta from my dealer is 27th april '23. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centaur said:

What model did you order?

You can't compare it to the UK models, they seem tweak the accessories between market areas somewhat. I went thru the UK brochure and seems my model is between Dynamic and Dynamic premium in some sense. My model is one down from the premium model, that has basically everything except the pano foor which is the only optional accessory on that trim level. The stuff missing compared to the premium are: 360 camera, automatic breaking while parking, 19" wheels, Bi-Tone color, ventilated front seats, drivers seat with memory function, electronically adjusted passenger seat, ****f Switch steering wheel.

35 minutes ago, richie69 said:

has basically everything except the pano foor

I hope that's a typo for roof and not floor :shock:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, richie69 said:

automatic breaking while parking

Definitely would not want that. 🤪

• Haha 1

Copied from BG runaround thread but also relevant here:-

Charger now installed and working very well (albeit on a Tesla). I paid extra to have the charger located discreetly, and also had a surge protection device fitted (not sure whether that was needed tbh)….the good news is, it’s 4X faster than using a 3-pin socket.

The engineer did mention that he’s doing a few Toyotas of late…one customer who ordered a PHEV in January has just taken delivery this week….🤞things are starting to move now!

On 12/23/2022 at 7:48 AM, richie69 said:

Positive news for you! Ordered mine 24th Dec 2021. So over a year ago now. Still no info and no further ETA than "maybe june" 

Very frustrating. 

• Sad 1

On 12/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, sonosp said:

Happy new year to everyone. My hybrid rav4 has been manufactured and is waiting to be shipped, does anyone know how I can see when it will arrive in Greece? (when does someone leave general information) here we don't have the myt application so I can see it, thank you!

1 minute ago, John7.4 said:

Happy new year to everyone. My hybrid rav4 has been manufactured and is waiting to be shipped, does anyone know how I can see when it will arrive in Greece? (when does someone leave general information) here we don't have the myt application so I can see it, thank you!

You may be able to track your delivery through the My Toyota website (for Greece) if such exists. Either way, your dealer should be able to tell you where the car currently is and how to track it (if that is possible).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philip42h said:

You may be able to track your delivery through the My Toyota website (for Greece) if such exists. Either way, your dealer should be able to tell you where the car currently is and how to track it (if that is possible).

thanks philip42h :-))

Not sure how accurate the website is (howmanyleft.co.uk), but shows no new RAV4 PHEV’s have been taxed in the last 6 months of 2022, for all three varieties…Design, Dynamic and Dynamic Premium!

0303515A-D72C-4BC0-B401-25CEEA568452.thumb.png.5a887bdadb47931abfa0f429ea1903f8.png

That’s one hell of a bottleneck if true….

Usually 'how many left' are 1-2 quarters behind. The screen you attached is for vehicles taxed - not new registrations. The new registrations tab shows that 660 Dynamic PHEVs were first registered in 2022, but the site doesn't indicate whether this was for the full year, or how many quarters the 660 relates to.

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Usually 'how many left' are 1-2 quarters behind. The screen you attached is for vehicles taxed - not new registrations. The new registrations tab shows that 660 Dynamic PHEVs were first registered in 2022, but the site doesn't indicate whether this was for the full year, or how many quarters the 660 relates to.

I think you are correct… just checked a few other models and no entries for the same two quarters. Let’s hope when the site updates it shows a good few cars coming through 🤞

So I've ticked by the 1 year wait mark. Passed it on the 24th December. Reading online that Dynamic's wont be built anymore and that my order might come as a GR Sport.

Will be upset and kick off big time if its going to cost me more, because when I ordered the car was £37,000, it's getting close on £45,000 now for the similar spec. 

The last I heard from my dealership was that my order will be delivered in "june" with no further info. Very very demoralizing. 

Given the current state of the order process or to be correct the inability to order a Rav4 it’s all most impossible to say what’s going to happen to orders like yours.

When I ordered my it was a 2021 model by the time I got it, it had changed to a 2022, Toyota kept the price the same even though the car had gone up by nearly £4000 but a model change maybe different.

22 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Given the current state of the order process or to be correct the inability to order a Rav4 it’s all most impossible to say what’s going to happen to orders like yours.

When I ordered my it was a 2021 model by the time I got it, it had changed to a 2022, Toyota kept the price the same even though the car had gone up by nearly £4000 but a model change maybe different.

This is what I hope! I've been told it will be a 2023 model, with the new infotainment. No JBL Speakers though because they've been removed from the spec.

Best grab a strong drink before reading this update…..

Just made my way back from my Toyota main dealer (UK) today, having visited to ascertain the current (no bull ) state play with my order (PHEV DP)..ordered April 2022 (we have to put the year down now, which speaks volumes)..I personally looked at the print out from Toyota UK, with my order number on it, and the ETA has now moved again from July to November 2023😱.

I was also told that this was not guaranteed either. 

The staff are great, and it’s not their fault, but I think the time is approaching to forget this car and move on…life is passing bye too fast to wait another year. The stories in the ‘Stolen’ thread are also making me anxious, that even if my car did arrive, it could easily be stolen…take your pick for the method of theft…there’s plenty to choose from!

Interestingly, I called in at Lexus, and they ARE taking orders for the NX450H, and are quoting a firm delivery date of September 2023, with a price promise as well as no deposit required.

I am now seriously considering either going down the Lexus route, or maybe even looking at the Cupra Formentor. 

Not a very positive update unfortunately, but it’s what I have been told today.A sad day indeed 🥲

1 hour ago, Ravirules said:

Best grab a strong drink before reading this update…..

Just made my way back from my Toyota main dealer (UK) today, having visited to ascertain the current (no bull xxxx) state play with my order (PHEV DP)..ordered April 2022 (we have to put the year down now, which speaks volumes)..I personally looked at the print out from Toyota UK, with my order number on it, and the ETA has now moved again from July to November 2023😱.

I was also told that this was not guaranteed either. 

The staff are great, and it’s not their fault, but I think the time is approaching to forget this car and move on…life is passing bye too fast to wait another year. The stories in the ‘Stolen’ thread are also making me anxious, that even if my car did arrive, it could easily be stolen…take your pick for the method of theft…there’s plenty to choose from!

Interestingly, I called in at Lexus, and they ARE taking orders for the NX450H, and are quoting a firm delivery date of September 2023, with a price promise as well as no deposit required.

I am now seriously considering either going down the Lexus route, or maybe even looking at the Cupra Formentor. 

Not a very positive update unfortunately, but it’s what I have been told today.A sad day indeed 🥲

We looked at the Formentor before opting for the RAV. Great drivers car, driving position, styling, interior design, finishes. However Infotainment is very distracting with too many hidden menus for daily tasks. Boot is very small - basically it is more of a Corolla size car. EV range is less too although the engine can be remappped…… 

• Thanks 1

Pedro, the Lexus is a good substitute for the Rav 4 PHEV, it only lags a little in performance/range and has not that much less luggage space, okay it doesn't have the rugged and robust look but I think it's actually decent looking. I ordered one when they were first released then changed my mind, luckily then only 4 months wait for the Rav.

• Thanks 1

Hi Piers,

Hope you're well and wishing you a Happy New Year.

Your Rav-4 is currently still showing an estimated date of arrival of June 2023, however we still have no VIN meaning this is subject to change.

I am closely monitoring it weekly and will of course keep you updated.

Yipyee. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links