Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

5 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I’d start with asking then to justify how they can ask to change the agreement when they are in default with the delivery. Start high expecting to negotiate something between the original and new agreements.

I also want assurances that they won't do it again. Given it's easily a couple of months out if they start building it tomorrow. It cant teleport from Japan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sonosp said:

Writing an email now - not expecting anything at all because my expectations are so very low at this point in time.

Its another hit on my credit report too which I feel just another annoyance. 

I'll ask for some free sidesteps or something. Works out to about £1000 over the lifetime of agreement. 

Times have changed, the price of my Rav4 went up by £3500 between order and delivery and they kept to the order price.

I would double check with Toyota directly before doing anything else.

Especially with the volatility of the UK financial market and banking right now.

28 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Times have changed, the price of my Rav4 went up by £3500 between order and delivery and they kept to the order price.

I would double check with Toyota directly before doing anything else.

Order price is the same. The finance agreement is the thing they want to change here. Not the cost of the car.

The cynic in me is shouting that they are trying to get me to say no and cancel. So that they can charge more for the car. 

Edit: Called Toyota Finance directly.

"Yes this is expected, yes this is normal - sorry for any inconvenience but maybe chat to the dealer about ordering another car?"

And wait another year for something I don't actually want? yeah right. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sonosp said:

Just had a phonecall from my dealer. Toyota UK are asking that all those with finance agreements pre-march 2022 waiting for orders are re-financed.

Interest rate increase of 2%.

If it had arrived last month/now like promised it would have been cheaper. Feels like a kick in the teeth with having to wait for it for so long. Oh and no further update when it will be delivered. 

I just sent email to my dealer if that will affect me also. My interest rate was 2.9% when I ordered in February.

Just had a phone call with the dealer. Order placed 13/12/2021- HEV Excel FWD - JWBL + PVM - Urban Khaki
Previous delivery date update was for 11/11/2022
NEW delivery date 20th JULY 2023.
Dealer couldn't 100% guarantee if I will keep the same interest rate and price of the vehicle

I think I will look for a different car, I think it's a sign 🙂

What a difference a year makes!

23th September 2021.

PHEV Dynamic in stock.

Huge p/ex for my 2018 RAV4 HEV Design - Decuma.

Dropped Dynamic price to Design.

Free dash cam.

0% finance.

£10K refund as otherwise p/ex value too high for finance deal.

Drove away 7 days later with a fully charged Battery.

Never to be repeated.

I genuinely feel for all who are having deals unpicked and repackaged to their detriment.

1 hour ago, Akjon said:

I just sent email to my dealer if that will affect me also. My interest rate was 2.9% when I ordered in February.

4.9% if you were to order today.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, kiki184 said:

Just had a phone call with the dealer. Order placed 13/12/2021- HEV Excel FWD - JWBL + PVM - Urban Khaki
Dealer couldn't 100% guarantee if I will keep the same interest rate and price of the vehicle

Are you actually kidding me? Thats INSANE.

Funny enough..  I started this thread when I decided order a RAV4 Excell AWD.. I was really excited during that time and tracked my car journey etc.

I have started another thread on this forum as my car was stolen few days ago. In case anyone missed it... RAV4 2022 can be stolen in 90 seconds and Toyota dealers and services seem to know about this. Toyota confirmed that they will do nothing about it. If I knew what I know now I would have not bought a Toyota. If you are still planning to buy it, you will need to physically secure your car or find a third party alarm, tracker etc. (Apologies for posting same information here again but when I used this forum in the past I only followed this thread and I though it would be nice to warn people if they are doing the same) This is not video of my car but thieves in action...

On 10/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, kiki184 said:

Just read the very small print on my terms and conditions, and it’s not good news:-

Basically, if the RRP of the vehicle increases prior to delivery, then the dealer CAN  pass on the increase to the customer! If the customer doesn’t accept the new price  then it’s a refund of deposit! 
I now need to ask myself do I potentially want to fork out another £3500 on top of the price I thought we had agreed six months ago!

Its at the dealers discretion I guess, so will no doubt find out in a few months time!

54 minutes ago, Ravirules said:

Just read the very small print on my terms and conditions, and it’s not good news:-

Basically, if the RRP of the vehicle increases prior to delivery, then the dealer CAN  pass on the increase to the customer! If the customer doesn’t accept the new price  then it’s a refund of deposit! 
I now need to ask myself do I potentially want to fork out another £3500 on top of the price I thought we had agreed six months ago!

Its at the dealers discretion I guess, so will no doubt find out in a few months time!

Interesting, when I was ordering mine back in Feb ‘21 I asked the question ‘what if the price went up’ and they said they’d honour the price. In some ways now I wish it had been late as a few months later the price dropped by £3.5K.

2 hours ago, atartan said:

Funny enough..  I started this thread when I decided order a RAV4 Excell AWD.. I was really excited during that time and tracked my car journey etc.

I have started another thread on this forum as my car was stolen few days ago. In case anyone missed it... RAV4 2022 can be stolen in 90 seconds and Toyota dealers and services seem to know about this. Toyota confirmed that they will do nothing about it. If I knew what I know now I would have not bought a Toyota. If you are still planning to buy it, you will need to physically secure your car or find a third party alarm, tracker etc. (Apologies for posting same information here again but when I used this forum in the past I only followed this thread and I though it would be nice to warn people if they are doing the same) This is not video of my car but thieves in action...

Thank you. Someone actually told me few days ago. I will immedately install Ghost Immobiliser when my car arrives

1 minute ago, Akjon said:

Thank you. Someone actually told me few days ago. I will immedately install Ghost Immobiliser when my car arrives

Please send me the link to the new thread.

9 hours ago, ernieb said:

Interesting, when I was ordering mine back in Feb ‘21 I asked the question ‘what if the price went up’ and they said they’d honour the price. In some ways now I wish it had been late as a few months later the price dropped by £3.5K.

I have doubts as to whether the retailer can legally enforce the increase in price, as i believe  this is an ‘unfair term’ under the sale of goods act. If the contract stated that if the RRP drops then the consumer would pay a lower price, BUT, if the the price rises then they pay a higher price, then I would be okay with that….but that is not the case here.. the consumer is only exposed to the higher price scenario.

I think if I get presented with a bill for an additional £3500 I will be summoning my dealer to the small claims court (under £10k) for breach of contract. My downside is minimal, as in the small claims court only minimal costs  can be recovered (unlike the Rebekah Vardy / Rooney case😱). Watch this space …

Just been informed by my local dealer that my order (placed March 2022) for PHEV Dynamic Premium will be pushed back until "approximately mid 2023"

Original delivery was Sept. 22 then Dec. 2022.

Not happy!

32 minutes ago, PHEV_Ant said:

Just been informed by my local dealer that my order (placed March 2022) for PHEV Dynamic Premium will be pushed back until "approximately mid 2023"

Not happy!

Not sure why Toyota is doing all these?

1 hour ago, PHEV_Ant said:

Not happy!

This does not bode well for people like me who ordered one recently.

18 minutes ago, B Voros said:

This does not bode well for people like me who ordered one recently.

Ordered RAV4 PHEV Dynamic last week, were toldf 12months delivery right away.

We all just have to hope that whatever is cuasing the delays , will get fixed / improved over time

The car industry will just implode if things go on like this

18 hours ago, Ravirules said:

I have doubts as to whether the retailer can legally enforce the increase in price, as i believe  this is an ‘unfair term’ under the sale of goods act

Most of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 in relation to consumer contracts has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

17 hours ago, PHEV_Ant said:

Not happy!

Yep,  I placed my order for the exact same model in March 2022 and had a call from the dealer saying won’t be getting it until Mid 2023.

Originally the date was expected to be Mid Nov. 2022.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, B Voros said:

4.9% if you were to order today.

I ordered my RAV4 Excel HEV in early February 2022 this at 2.9%. Car has been built and left the factory 2 days ago, however the dealership said interest rate will be increased to 4.9%. They now want to re-calculate my monthly payments. I am really not happy this information though I know things have changed since February.

Please any advise on what I can do?

1 hour ago, Akjon said:

I ordered my RAV4 Excel HEV in early February 2022 this at 2.9%. Car has been built and left the factory 2 days ago, however the dealership said interest rate will be increased to 4.9%. They now want to re-calculate my monthly payments. I am really not happy this information though I know things have changed since February.

Please any advise on what I can do?

I suspect this is a try-on…. I ordered my RAV last year at the then 1.9% rate, when the first hints of rates going up appeared I made sure I got confirmation in email from the dealer they were sticking to the deal I had signed up for. You need some consumer legal advice from such as CAB or moneysavingexpert website, however it is possible given the economic market volatility the dealers have changed the small print. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links