Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Cross

FROSTYBALLS

53 minutes ago, bigblock said:

OK thanks for that. I had a feeling I had missed something for a moment. I am interested in the Corolla Cross as well.

Yeah, CHR is a bit small and RAV4 is too big!

Is there anyone here who has found out if Corolla Cross will have fully, hight and back/seat angle, adjustable passenger seat at any trim level?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 7:34 AM, HSDish said:

Is there anyone here who has found out if Corolla Cross will have fully, hight and back/seat angle, adjustable passenger seat at any trim level?

UK/EU specs have not been issued yet so no one would know

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

UK/EU specs have not been issued yet so no one would know

Do You know when EU specs will be introduced ?

Just now, HSDish said:

Do You know when EU specs will be introduced ?

No, no date has been set for on sale yet, this is all we know so far Here and it says Autumn 2022

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 7:59 PM, Spo2 said:

@bigblock, I have not ordered - the order book are not open yet but the dealer told me that deliveries will be in autumn, so we should expect order books to open by spring.

I was told Friday that it will not be available till 2023.  Of course that might be smoke as he could sell a Corolla Sport, which we were interested in, but not a Cross. 

In the event we liked the Yaris Cross and an impossible offer to refuse.  Essentially swap a 2 year old Corolla 1.8 Design for a new Yaris Cross. 

42 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I was told Friday that it will not be available till 2023.  Of course that might be smoke as he could sell a Corolla Sport, which we were interested in, but not a Cross. 

In the event we liked the Yaris Cross and an impossible offer to refuse.  Essentially swap a 2 year old Corolla 1.8 Design for a new Yaris Cross. 

Take the Yaris cross for a good test drive

firstly it’s far less fuel efficient and far noisier on the road

seats have limited back support and comfort

• Like 1

It is as I expected. The boxy shape will cause higher drag, heavier weight, and road noise.  It will be the same case with Corolla Cross vs Touring Sport.

• Like 1

Woof, we did a high speed run and indeed it is noisier in the back.  However I found the back was very comfortable. 

I think the Corolla drag factor is about 0.28 and the Yaris Cross 0.35 so I expect that will be reflected in the fuel consumption. The YC has a larger hybrid Battery, roughly 10 % I think. 

The YC however has two important differences, the seating is higher making it easier to get in and out.  The boot space is also larger than the Corolla with a spare wheel. These differences outweigh factors such a fuel economy and noise. 

Going on current experience we will probably swap after 2 years. 

• Like 2

Yes, it is about the versatility of crossover or SUV. RAV4 is about 20% more fuel per miles and not as quiet as camry, but larger space. I miss Sienna that is offered in NA.  A minivan as big as Benz Vito and very family focus comfort with 2.5L hybrid. 

Further to my comments above, the Cross, in relation to the Corolla seems like a new generation whereas the Corolla Sport offered minor updates. 

I don't know the Yaris, but a brief acquaintance with the Cross showed us we get the better steering wheel controls, better switchology with 'active' switches better grouped on the central consol, a heated steering wheel, acqustic glass, a seat back pocket on both rear seats. 

The Satnav panel is generations better than the Corolla. Larger display, better graphics, Specs Camera Warning, actual GPS speed displayed. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where the Corolla Cross will be built?

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

See the first link in the first post of this topic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger_N said:

'The European Corolla Cross will be built in Japan, but Toyota will review that decision at a later date. "It could end up being localized for Europe," a spokesman said.'

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It will be interesting when the price is similar to TS

• 1 month later...

Are we any further on with a launch date for the Corolla Cross in the UK?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an earlier post online, orders in Spring for delivery in Autumn.  It is starting to look like at least a 6 month delay. 

Logically it might make sense not to launch until you can meet demand.  Trickle launching could be bad for sales m

• Like 1

Not sure if this model will come to uk at all or any time soo. Yaris cross sells really well plus they still offer chr and rav4 also sells great . Corolla cross will only slow the sales of these two models imo. 

• Like 1

Tony true.  Our first choice was Corolla Cross. Yaris does all we need in a slightly smaller footprint.  All we would like is an inch or more in the boot. 

A CC would presumably be more powerful and eliminate that odd low RPM noise from the 1.5/3 engine.  It rumbles like a diesel until you increase the RPM slightly. Once warmed up the engine either runs at higher RPM or shuts off. 

I think my next choice will be biased more to MPG over size or equipment. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2022 at 9:39 AM, Roy124 said:

I have just had the second service my 2020 corolla, excel with pan roof 9800 miles. I was looking at the yaris cross but would need the excel version as I wanted heated seats, folding mirrors. If I was to order one now it would cost me £11,000 handover!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 50p said:

I have just had the second service my 2020 corolla, excel with pan roof 9800 miles. I was looking at the yaris cross but would need the excel version as I wanted heated seats, folding mirrors. If I was to order one now it would cost me £11,000 handover!

If you wanted the Yaris cross don’t know if this is of interest but I was offered £23225 from Cazo for mine with 5950 miles on the clock as I fancy the corolla cross thought about selling it to them getting a old banger (if there is such a thing these days) for the time being then waiting for the corolla cross.

• Like 2

It does seem a bit odd and annoying that I used to get told they wouldn't make a more powerful Aygo or smaller Yaris because they would cannibalize each others' sales, yet now they seem to have 4 SUVs that are equally similar now!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some positive news as Corolla cross has appeared in German review from a famous YouTube channel. Enjoy 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links