Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Hybrid 200 000 miles service

TonyHSD

Btw, when I bought the car it was like a pighouse inside :(. It needed a day of detailing to somewhat clean it.
So, this just confirmed to me, that it should really not be a problem due to lack of the airfilter, because if it was not completelly dirty then, it will certanly not be also now :).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Deal on engine oil currently on eBay.
If 0w16 is preferred oil this seller has it too. 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323898235244?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3hyRrutZQQ-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

wow10 at checkout for 10% off the price 👌

• 3 weeks later...

Little update here. 
The car has successfully reached 250000 miles with very few parts replaced over than the regular service.
However since last week there are faults discovered - front L stabiliser bar link is shoot and rubber bushes are ready for replacement, the front L wheel bearing also developed bad rumbling noise and most likely both hubs will go together with all fluids and oils sometimes next week or week after.
It will be a big job, either a day in a garage or two days on the driveway, we will see what I can do first myself. Nothing last forever, but this car did exceptionally well. 
No Toyota stickers for the mileage this time, next reward sticker is at 300000 miles and this is what I am after. 
image.thumb.jpeg.a8f741db9c7af0dadce666a533a83c0e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3c3fcee5d0847026e169f0925c5c5581.jpeg

• Like 13

At 250k miles, Rubber bushing and stabilizer bar links, shocks adsorber, brakes, and and sometimes bearings are very common wear and tear parts. 

In heavier cars, the control arms rear busings often failed too. 

• Like 3

I have completed some work yesterday’s and today. 

Engine oil this time I had changed at 6000 miles and it looked to me similar to when I change at 9-10k, on the dipstick was clear but dark in the pan. 
I haven’t used any engine flush this time. 

Transmission fluid was very bright and almost the exact same colour as the new one, although in the pan looked darker. 50k miles a bit short intervals imo, easily can do 80-100k without problems. 
Coolant both engine and inverter similar situation, clear and in good conditions without any debris inside. 

Stabiliser bar bushes , I didn’t take pictures but they looked very good condition too, only a bit harder than the new ones. I done these with wheels on a ramp. One tip though, easiest way to do them is to undo the plastic cover that hides the bar, undo brackets on both sides so you can wiggle to remove and install bushes. No need to disconnect the links. I couldn’t do it anyway, they are corroded and so are the wheel bearings nuts, these two jobs will be a garage thing next week or if not possible there I will give them another try.  I bought some aftermarket splash guards from auto doc Germany, abakus a polish brand I never heard before, but they look well made. That was all this time. 
 image.thumb.jpeg.4e9d07fbecf3aaa6003ac958ac872b01.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.fc6e537a0846044d93cf99d051b4849e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.da7a6249da76594ca947dc8f83ba401b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.773193fc7107a3cdebbe3d55f3cd06a9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4d6a140b8a7a1042c49dd835bd20dcf6.jpeg

image.jpeg
Almost forgot to mention. Both sides front brake callipers slider where stuck and they were causing some pad dragging on t(e disk. I noticed recently some extra brake dust on FL wheel, so both sides now have new sliders sets. 
Another thing what to share, this method with touching the spring to confirm if the wheel bearing is bad works great. With wheels in the air I left the car in D spinning it’s wheels and was touching each spring and there was an obvious vibrations on the left side and rumbling noise too. Right side is smooth. 
The old bushes here. 
image.thumb.jpeg.fcd7326e9a79ee9ac200f2c237fe9865.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tony, are you still using the original 12V Battery? My Battery usually at about 12.4V in winter and 12.5 in summer under daily usage 20 miles a day. Right after a long trip, it is usually 12.7V.  

There is some good offer from Autodoc for couple days Yuasa AGM original €145-160 and may be a good time to buy auxiliary Battery

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AisinW said:

Hi Tony, are you still using the original 12V battery? My battery usually at about 12.4V in winter and 12.5 in summer under daily usage 20 miles a day. Right after a long trip, it is usually 12.7V.  

There is some good offer from Autodoc for couple days Yuasa AGM original €145-160 and may be a good time to buy auxiliary battery

Hi John, 

yes both batteries are the original ones from 2010. 
My 12v Battery usually shows up to 12.9v when fully charged and slowly goes down to 12.2v after a week of inactivity. 
The hybrid Battery is getting weaker.
I can see now and then going very low, as low as almost no charge left inside the Battery icon, something that never happened before up to around 220k miles. Also now after all those years and miles the hybrid battery is getting quickly tipped up, so these are perhaps the typical signs of traction battery getting old. The car still drives fine though and efficiency is really good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi John, 

yes both batteries are the original ones from 2010. 
My 12v battery usually shows up to 12.9v when fully charged and slowly goes down to 12.2v after a week of inactivity. 
The hybrid battery is getting weaker.
I can see now and then going very low, as low as almost no charge left inside the battery icon, something that never happened before up to around 220k miles. Also now after all those years and miles the hybrid battery is getting quickly tipped up, so these are perhaps the typical signs of traction battery getting old. The car still drives fine though and efficiency is really good. 

I think it is a good idea to get a 15 years hybrid warranty kicks in. 2 more years is £100 and you may get new Battery right on time. 

14 hours ago, AisinW said:

I think it is a good idea to get a 15 years hybrid warranty kicks in. 2 more years is £100 and you may get new battery right on time. 

Thanks,

it sounds right indeed, but this is not gonna work for me.
I have checked with Toyota website and it’s only for up to 10000 miles or 1 more year after successfully pass the test.
Whith my driving needs I cover between 35-50k miles a year which means I will need to do 4-5 hybrids health checks at £50 each.
At this mileage they will simply laugh at me. I am not taking any warranty bs and go after them in case I needed. If the car was maintained within the dealer network and not driven as much yes, but in my case it’s not valid. This warranty excludes any business use, any taxi or courier service vehicles.  Here terms and conditions if anyone interested. https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty/Toyota Hybrid Battery Extended Cover Terms_tcm-3060-1563365.pdf

• Sad 1

If yours is for commercial use, it won't work. But if it is registered as personal use, just high miles, it still works. £250 is still a good deal if you really feel the warranty will work. I don't think Dealership will deny any hybrid service check. It is just basic OBD2 scan can visual check on the Battery cooling vent. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, 

11th of December and we have another service completed, today major one  at 260000 miles. 
1. Engine oil flush and New oil and filter @ 8900 miles STP and Petronas 0w20. mann filter

2. New Blueprint air filter after 30k miles, was not too dirty but cheap enough to replace earlier.

3. New Blueprint cabin filter after 10k miles. Typical dirt plus some sticky black residue, I think it’s from the road salt and grits. 

4. A set of new plugs , this time I had Denso from Halfords, seems original, made in Indonesia but look quality product. All 4 for £40 regular price, Toyota burrows were out of stock The old plugs look best of all times, ever, last few 1000’s miles on bp and Shell mixture e5 and e10. This white is on the electrodes is unburied fuel as I did started the car for 5 min before I undo them, with the time the white has evaporated and they shows their original appearance. You can see how they change colours from cylinder 1 to cylinder 4.. 👍

Anpther interesting thing on cylinder 2 the coil has signs of water been seating on top and eventually finds its way into the plug and enters the combustion, there are some rust signs and the plug is the only one with some typical yellow marks. This could be the culprit for knocking on cold starts , that I get sometimes. Will be monitoring. 

5. Quick interior clean , outside wash will be in the weekend eventually, my colleague already complained, she mentioned “ your car was white before “ -, eee it was I said but then it was a summer 😂  

image.thumb.jpeg.9b1057e37d507bf8ef4bec19cc204954.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.3f3a00304c194f0fc293203823f0e417.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a093c0a64cb594f19ac4f567e40b32b3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.223d8913f25e85ed4d8b32b4bf98d754.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1649f34be9e6498246959b29e52280e4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1a38827a4ba5ba5898f1a5940eab91d9.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.7e123eb459425c2fd0df17df3aecd9bf.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

All the plugs looks nice with some sign of burning engine oil but still minimal.  I bought used intake manifolds and EGR+Cooler from 2012 CT200h that claimed to have 40k miles. Surprisingly the intake manifolds are pretty clean with normal wet oil from the PCV valve.

The EGR lines are all free of gunks, but the EGR has already some hard carbon deposit. 

The EGR coolar is still very clean without any passage clogged. Only mild carbon crust on the intake walls.  Used bambu chopstick is good to remove hard carbon on the metal surface without scratching it. 

I clean the EGR, cooler, intake manifolds, and stainless steel pipe. Dawn dishwasher detergent works really well on degreasing oil.  I merge the intake manifolds and the pipes using laundry detergent and water for couple days and they are now squicky clean.

20231225_180151~2.jpg

20231225_180117~2.jpg

20231212_155615.jpg

20231212_155627.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well, while waiting for the new hybrid Battery I have decided to do an intermediate service, just oil and filters and a set of new wipers. The Denso one lasted only 1.5 years and 47000 miles., now back to Bosch classic wipers. 
The rest all the usual stuff, Petronas 0w20 oil, mann oil filter, Blueprint cabin filter and stop flush. Service interval 8655 miles in 3 months. 
When the engine was running with engine flush in I noticed a steam coming from the radiators, checked and the smaller one top right corner was wet, so I run a test with paper towel, one end soak from the radiator and it was pure water, other end I soaked into the expansion tank and it turned  pink, then I realised its water seating from the car wash yesterday., got me a bit worried  😉👌 

image.thumb.jpeg.8abbaebd4107cdd90b2ec4334a16d427.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b70f39f9d6a6b1ffb957e3107c9cb5f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13ca99306b1778c54043ddad0b7f6b06.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21b67654c42434d667b31178eb0dc49f.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Good thinking to eliminate the rad as the cause! That sinking feeling when you think a leak has appeared is never fun!!

• Like 2

Done 500 miles with the new Battery and after the last service. The car seems to drive so much better. The cola can fixed exhaust also quieten the car a lot and all new 5 tyres helped too., 5 tyres yes not a typo as I was very unlucky here. Put 4 new Goodyear egp 2 and then 3 weeks later I run over peace of lorry tyre on the motorway. The wire from it shredded one of my new tyres beyond repair, so I got another one. 
One note to all Toyota owners when changing your wipers best ones are the oem or Denso hybrid, the wipers shape is ultra important.
 I bought some Bosch classic which not only are not quiet but also create a lots of wind noise coming from them as they stick out and hit directly the air stream. I knew that from previous experience but I did cheaper on that this time and now regret it, will definitely change back to Denso hybrid next time. 👍

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links