Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Contract Balloon Payment

Thanks, not heard it called that before. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Contract Balloon Payment

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Auris2010 said:

That I dont have. Should have plan better. 

Explain why you think you know better as you don't know my circumstances.

I have the funds available, I got 0% finance & the CBP is currently earning interest in a savings account.

I could settle the finance anytime but why bother as I loose out when my money is currently working for me earning interest which is a rarity in these times.

At the time I ordered the vehicle there was no discount for a outright cash purchase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

I have the funds available, I got 0% finance & the CBP is currently earning interest in a savings account.

I could settle the finance anytime but why bother as I loose out when my money is currently working for me earning interest which is a rarity in these times.

At the time I ordered the vehicle there was no discount for a outright cash purchase.

Calm down dear!

I think he’s saying ‘he’ should have planned better, not ‘you’.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

An alternative if you are a cash buyer is to take the pcp and claim the contribution, then pay off after 3 months which is allowed in the terms, you do pay 3 months interest but you keep the contribution which should gain you a nice profit, currently you’d keep about £2000 from the contribution of your loan was £25k

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simond64 said:

An alternative if you are a cash buyer is to take the pcp and claim the contribution, then pay off after 3 months which is allowed in the terms, you do pay 3 months interest but you keep the contribution which should gain you a nice profit, currently you’d keep about £2000 from the contribution of your loan was £25k

You can keep the contribution if you withdraw from the finance within the first 14 days.  There may be a few days interest.  I've done it a few times. 

• Like 2

Quick question to people that have  ordered Denim blue colour. Do you get the same order number after you have changed the colours or  do you get a new order number?. The reason I am asking- My order disappeared from MyT app I can't see anything. Don't know when this happened.The last time I checked this was October.

TIA

Does anyone know if climate control, through the Myt app, is supposed to be available for the corolla my23 version?

I was expecting it to be in the app but apparently it's not. Maybe it'll show up after the next software update(s). What do you guys reckon?

THe UK web page says "Through the MyT app you can locate your car, remotely turn on Climate Control* and check doors are locked.

*Remote climate control function can only be used on private roads/property, where local laws permit"

So I guess it could be disabled in the UK (illegal to run an unattended car)

38 minutes ago, Kovitch said:

Does anyone know if climate control, through the Myt app, is supposed to be available for the corolla my23 version?

I was expecting it to be in the app but apparently it's not. Maybe it'll show up after the next software update(s). What do you guys reckon?

Not got the car yet, I know what it’s supposed to have but possible software isn’t finished yet, you should have heating and cooling in the app, locking and unlocking, hazard flashers and the usual find my car

8 minutes ago, marlot said:

I guess it could be disabled in the UK (illegal to run an unattended car)

It would be illegal if parked on the public road - not if on a driveway.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We don’t have a car or manual to see how it works, maybe it doesn’t start the engine, maybe it gives a warning about where it is before activating, you wouldn’t want the engine to run in an enclosed space like a garage

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The updated Toyota website has a note under MyT Connected Services…remote climate control function can only be used on private roads/property where local laws permit

Just compared the cosmetic spec of the 23MY T.S excel compared to my 22MY version and what a let down.

No red accents to the front seats, no red stitching to the upper and lower dashboard and no twin stainless steel exhaust pipe.

The new version looks very plain inside now and i for one would not buy a new one given the exhorbitant price hikes and yes they have improved the spec in certain areas but it has been paid for by the consumer twice over, once in the higher purchase price and once in the reduced spec. Toyota really are taking the U.K. consumer for mugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been in a Toyota showroom to check the new model but they are yet to receive one … talking to one of the sales advisors made me smile … according to him the new infotainment system is 12.3-inch and the 2.0l engine has 215bhp 🤷‍♂️ I won’t say which showroom , I’m not doing this to name and shame or anything like that , but to make everybody aware to take any information from the dealers with a pinch of salt , as many of recent posts here on the forum were so adamant with some information , just because hey … the dealer told me so 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

I’ve been in a Toyota showroom to check the new model but they are yet to receive one … talking to one of the sales advisors made me smile … according to him the new infotainment system is 12.3-inch and the 2.0l engine has 215bhp 🤷‍♂️ I won’t say which showroom , I’m not doing this to name and shame or anything like that , but to make everybody aware to take any information from the dealers with a pinch of salt , as many of recent posts here on the forum were so adamant with some information , just because hey … the dealer told me so 

Absolutely 👍👍👍

That always been the case especially about the sales person.
Those men does not have a clue about cars as the only requirements to become one of them is to have retail experience. Perhaps many of these clowns had been shop assistants at John Lewis or Next before joining a Toyota dealer. I love to see them approaching me at the showroom and trying to chat s..with me, I sent them off in no time 😀

Unfortunately it’s not only the sale person but also parts department, service department too. Some are good and knowledgeable guys, but some really are there to earn their living without have an idea what they are doing. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 2:16 PM, Yugguy1970 said:

How are you going to keep it, are you paying off the final GFV payment to own the car outright or extending the existing deal?

Not decided yet. Coincidentally I had unexpected contact this week from the dealer from whom I bought my current Corolla, asking me whether I want to buy a new one. We might have a conversation.

The sales guy told me they have a demonstrator for test drives, I believe a 1.8 Design grade. My interest would be in another Excel HB but I'd like to look it over so I might make a visit soon. Not feeling any urgency though.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, DC_Ms said:

I recently received a copy of a Toyota launch bulletin slide deck that includes pretty comprehensive specs on 2023 models for UK sale. This says the 2.0l is 196 hp. Caveat though: all specs info says "Subject to final homologation".

The deck also says the new fully-digital combimeter (aka the dash display you see behind the steering wheel) is 12.3" with the multimedia infotainment display to the driver's right at 10.5," which I believe is the same size as currently. This info is also what some early motoring press reviews say, eg, Toyota Corolla Review 2023 | What Car?

( I'm not sharing this deck as the person who shared it with me probably should not have done that. I can't unsee what I saw, though 😶)

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 7:12 PM, forkingabout said:

One thing I made sure of before ordering the vehicle - have the CBP tucked away safely for the end of the agreement. 

Yep, same here

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Luke717 said:

I recently received a copy of a Toyota launch bulletin slide deck that includes pretty comprehensive specs on 2023 models for UK sale. This says the 2.0l is 196 hp. Caveat though: all specs info says "Subject to final homologation".

Noting that the review of the 2023 model in the Toyota UK magazine published on Feb 2 says the 2.01 is 193 hp, not 196. Definitely pay attention to the disclaimer "Subject to final homologation" when you see that phrase 🙂

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-corolla/

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Luke717 said:

The deck also says the new fully-digital combimeter (aka the dash display you see behind the steering wheel) is 12.3" with the multimedia infotainment display to the driver's right at 10.5," which I believe is the same size as currently. This info is also what some early motoring press reviews say, eg, Toyota Corolla Review 2023 | What Car?

( I'm not sharing this deck as the person who shared it with me probably should not have done that. I can't unsee what I saw, though 😶)

That bulletin is widely available and has been published here before. The 10.5 infotainment screen has increased from 22 models which have 8in 

• Like 2

At last! Toyota UK have finally launched the 2023 Corolla officially:

https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-launches-the-new-corolla-with-fifth-generation-hybrid-electric-technology/

Funny - I thought they did that months ago! Maybe up until now its all been rumours, even if lots of people on this web site have had orders accepted!

• Haha 1

Lots of interesting detailed information in the new launch document (above).

But can anybody explain this:

"Toyota recently announced it is investing around £465,000 in TMUK’s engine factory in Deeside, North Wales, for production of the 1.8-litre hybrid engine for the fifth generation hybrid system featured in new Corolla."

Can you even develop a new spark plug for that sort of money nowadays?

• Like 1

Auto express have a review of it in tomorrow edition, looking forward to reading it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links