Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

28 minutes ago, Geoff W said:

Lots of interesting detailed information in the new launch document (above).

But can anybody explain this:

"Toyota recently announced it is investing around £465,000 in TMUK’s engine factory in Deeside, North Wales, for production of the 1.8-litre hybrid engine for the fifth generation hybrid system featured in new Corolla."

Can you even develop a new spark plug for that sort of money nowadays?

It's probably just the projected bill retool the factory - Probably just changing templates, stampers, CAD models, jigs, maybe a bit of training, some cheese on toast etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can an order still be cancelled? Or not? Have not signed any paper yet or any finance agreement just the order form? 
due to unforeseen events

5 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

Can an order still be cancelled? Or not? Have not signed any paper yet or any finance agreement just the order form? 
due to unforeseen events

Speak to the dealership in question - FWIW there not going to have any trouble selling the vehicle on to someone else.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marlot said:

According to the specs sheet the GR Sport gets multi-beam headlights, but the Excel only gets dual projectors.

That is the opposite of what the configurator on the website and the press pack are saying?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Mac said:

According to the specs sheet the GR Sport gets multi-beam headlights, but the Excel only gets dual projectors.

That is the opposite of what the configurator on the website and the press pack are saying?

Probably a publisher error. Toyota website really needs better maintenance and whoever work on car information and configuration should have a bit more car knowledge but that’s how it is at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoff W said:

"Toyota recently announced it is investing around £465,000 in TMUK’s engine factory in Deeside, North Wales, for production of the 1.8-litre hybrid engine for the fifth generation hybrid system featured in new Corolla."

Can you even develop a new spark plug for that sort of money nowadays?

Toyota have already developed the 5th generation hybrid system. The investment in Deeside - which has produced the 1.8 hybrid system from the Auris hybrid onwards - will be to upgrade the production facilities.

13 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Err, did you somehow misquote Geoff W? :laugh: 

Corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, simond64 said:

This article is virtually the same as in other publications, lazy journalism, seems they mostly print the press release 

This IS the press release pack!

• Haha 1

We eagerly await the first deliveries of Corolla 23MY at work so we can have a poke & prod to see just how good it is. 

We have several 1.8 Design touring sport with spare wheel option on order - which would also be the perfect spec for my GF to order once the employee discount scheme is restarted. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

We eagerly await the first deliveries of Corolla 23MY at work so we can have a poke & prod to see just how good it is. 

We have several 1.8 Design touring sport with spare wheel option on order - which would also be the perfect spec for my GF to order once the employee discount scheme is restarted. 

How did you manage a TS spare wheel option, I’ve been told all models only have TRK with other option

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, simond64 said:

How did you manage a TS spare wheel option, I’ve been told all models only have TRK with other option

Its a no cost factory fitted option - it raises the boot floor up on 1.8 so reduces load volume. 

Fleet department insist on a spare wheel fitment where it's available. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Its a no cost factory fitted option - it raises the boot floor up on 1.8 so reduces load volume. 

Fleet department insist on a spare wheel fitment where it's available. 

I’ve got a 2.0 TS excel on order and it’s not offered as factory option, I could obtain a space saver spare if it will fit in the space but not available from Toyota

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simond64 said:

I’ve got a 2.0 TS excel on order and it’s not offered as factory option, I could obtain a space saver spare if it will fit in the space but not available from Toyota

Fleet department only order 1.8 TS Design spec - that's all the Corolla company vehicle they supply for entry / lower level management. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Fleet department only order 1.8 TS Design spec - that's all the Corolla company vehicle they supply for entry / lower level management. 

Interesting, I wonder why they don’t offer spares to the public at all on any model even as an option

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simond64 said:

That's exactly what I did do with my 2020 TS. At the time Toyota did an after sales space saver at an astronomical price so I bought one complete with all the tools elsewhere. Loads of room in the TS. You could easily fit a full size spare wheel in the TS if you wanted.

• Like 2

I have wrote this in another topic too , but I thought I might add it here too as it concerns the new Corolla headlights and maybe the new owners can have their inputs about their experience.

On MY22 all trims except the Excel , had LED multi-reflector headlights and the Excel had LED dual-beam projector headlights.

on MY23 Icon comes with simple LED , Design & GR Sport LED dual-beam projector headlights and the Excel now comes with multi-beam LED headlights with adaptive high-beam.

I’m missing something here or now the better headlights come on Design & GR Sport , and the Excel got downgraded ?! 🤷‍♂️

On 2/21/2023 at 12:11 PM, DC_Ms said:

I have wrote this in another topic too , but I thought I might add it here too as it concerns the new Corolla headlights and maybe the new owners can have their inputs about their experience.

On MY22 all trims except the Excel , had LED multi-reflector headlights and the Excel had LED dual-beam projector headlights.

on MY23 Icon comes with simple LED , Design & GR Sport LED dual-beam projector headlights and the Excel now comes with multi-beam LED headlights with adaptive high-beam.

I’m missing something here or now the better headlights come on Design & GR Sport , and the Excel got downgraded ?! 🤷‍♂️

How is it a downgrade? The adaptive high-beam is superior to bi-led since it can black out part of it's beam so that you don't blind on comming drivers and the multi-reflectors on MY22 are the same as in MY23 which are just simple led's without a proper projector like the bi-led. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King Crimson said:

How is it a downgrade? The adaptive high-beam is superior to bi-led since it can black out part of it's beam so that you don't blind on comming drivers and the multi-reflectors on MY22 are the same as in MY23 which are just simple led's without a proper projector like the bi-led. 

Yes , the adaptive high-beam is a plus , maybe I’m caught up with the definitions here , but as per definitions what was on the Excel previously now is on design and gr sport … and as you mentioned as well the multi-reflectors are ‘simple’ led’s without proper projector and this is now on MY23 Excel multi beam led 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

Yes , the adaptive high-beam is a plus , maybe I’m caught up with the definitions here , but as per definitions what was on the Excel previously now is on design and gr sport … and as you mentioned as well the multi-reflectors are ‘simple’ led’s without proper projector and this is now on MY23 Excel multi beam led 🤷‍♂️

They are actually multi mini projectors like. First gen mirai has those or similar. This adaptive beams should be banned in any car. These are ultra dangerous and distracting, they does not work and blind badly all cars not only oncoming ones but if you ever been followed by a car with these lights at dark you will realise what I am talking about. The light goes around your car like someone constantly flashing behind you. Horrible lights, but the car owners that has them to their cars couldn’t be happier and proud they have one. 👌

I think they're a great idea but they need to be implemented right.

If the implementation is on similar levels to the RSA and Auto-highbeam in mine then it'd be more of a danger than a help! :laugh: 

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links