Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

My first thought was to the effect that a service would be what the service manual requires, i.e. on an intermediate service, replace the oil and filter. But having read the page fully, it does not really say one way or the other.  However, if I was told that the intermediate service would cost me €200, that is the price I would expect to pay. It would be helpful if the page said something on the lines of "inclusive" or "plus necessary parts". I will try and remember to ask the garage when I speak to them, (hopefully the salesman will be ringing me this week).

• Like 2

Yeah, the assumption is that they'd do everything on the service schedule for the car, but theres that saying about assuming and asses...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

My first thought was to the effect that a service would be what the service manual requires, i.e. on an intermediate service, replace the oil and filter. But having read the page fully, it does not really say one way or the other.  However, if I was told that the intermediate service would cost me €200, that is the price I would expect to pay. It would be helpful if the page said something on the lines of "inclusive" or "plus necessary parts". I will try and remember to ask the garage when I speak to them, (hopefully the salesman will be ringing me this week).

It will be interesting to hear what they say. It amazes me how much ambiguity over the simplest of things. Why not include all the information so there is no misunderstanding. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, the assumption is that they'd do everything on the service schedule for the car, but theres that saying about assuming and asses...

Maybe a bit like the "100" point inspections that dealers do on used cars.

With 4 of them maybe actually done.

Cynical, yes absolutely.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

How very true. There is no greater impediment to the advancement of knowledge than the ambiguity of words.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Maybe a bit like the "100" point inspections that dealers do on used cars.

With 4 of them maybe actually done.

Cynical, yes absolutely.

Hi Paul, I'm a bit concerned at your comment it implies that car dealers maybe dishonest.

If you continue with this attitude you will be saying politicians are liars next. Tut Tut.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Bper said:

How very true. There is no greater impediment to the advancement of knowledge than the ambiguity of words.

Hello Bob, one thing that I was taught a long time ago, was that in a contract, it doesn't matter what it means, only what it says.

That makes sense to me,as it cuts out semantics.

Trouble is, even today,a lot of folks rely on a vague assurance of quality of service, while paying a very high price for it.

I think the people on here who do thier own service,if they can, especially on older cars, have it right.

They care if it's done right, others do not.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Hello Bob, one thing that I was taught a long time ago, was that in a contract, it doesn't matter what it means, only what it says.

That makes sense to me,as it cuts out semantics.

Trouble is, even today,a lot of folks rely on a vague assurance of quality of service, while paying a very high price for it.

I think the people on here who do thier own service,if they can, especially on older cars, have it right.

They care if it's done right, others do not.

Well it's all changed mate, you know what the old adage says if you want something done properly do it yourself. We place a lot of trust in relying that the work needed to be done is actually done. Especially as we can't see it being carried out.

Never cynical just realistic. 😡

• Like 2

No more movement in petrol prices dropping here. Has anyone seen any price change up or down where they are.

Abridge Shell was down another 2p to 154.9 on the way home! :eek: 

Everywhere else seems unchanged. I really wonder what's going on in that village! Do they have a secret oil well or something??

• Like 2

Well this is going to be a disaster 12p litre on petrol come March.  If it isn't bad enough our local supermarket raised the cost of there petrol this morning by 1p tp 171p . This just after autumn statement . Surely this can't be a way of ripping off the public can it.
All these costs are only going in one direction .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bper said:

All these costs are only going in one direction .

Of course they are. Someone has to pay those stupidly high executive salaries and bonuses

• Like 2

Are some of these supermarket petrol stations having a laugh with us motorists. The price of petrol is going up and down by 2p in price every other day. 

Assuming all the largest supermarkets are buying petrol at the same cost why is the price so significantly different.

Apparently its got something to do with the additives they add to their fuel. Research and development costs, etc.

Supermarkets keep the price of petrol low, at almost no markup, to draw in customer. Especially if they are out of town-ish.

Park that next to a huge supermarket, and you have customers.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 9:31 PM, furtula said:

Supermarkets keep the price of petrol low, at almost no markup, to draw in customer. Especially if they are out of town-ish.

Park that next to a huge supermarket, and you have customers.

All things being equal I would agree, however this is proving not to be the case. Since the start of the increased cost of petrol our local large Morrisons supermarket has increased its prices well above local garages. It has held high prices when other supermarkets have dropped there prices.  Typical example 1.68.9p currently but other garages and supermarkets have prices between 1.61p - 1..65p. What justification other then profiteering to hold this high price.

• Like 2

At last it looks like petrol prices are starting to fall . Local supermarket dropped the price by 4p in 3 days. Starting to see prices in other garages going down as well.

Hope others have seen this as well.

• Like 2

That's good news indeed.

However, the Abridge Shell is still winning I think - Currently still at 149.9p/L !!! :eek: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That's good news indeed.

However, the Abridge Shell is still winning I think - Currently still at 149.9p/L !!! :eek: 

That's a brilliant price compared with the 1.60s /L up here.👍

It's a brilliant price compared to everywhere down here too!! I don't know how they've gotten it so low - it's well below the average around here!

The queues of people trying to take advantage of it are not doing the village any favours tho'! :laugh: 

I noticed that the garage I normally use to get my petrol was selling it at Euro 1.699 today. That is quite a drop from 1st April when I first filled up the current car - it was €1.839 then. It did get up to €2.199 in June. Incidentally, at todays exchange rate, €1.699 is about £1.46p.

5 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I noticed that the garage I normally use to get my petrol was selling it at Euro 1.699 today. That is quite a drop from 1st April when I first filled up the current car - it was €1.839 then. It did get up to €2.199 in June. Incidentally, at todays exchange rate, €1.699 is about £1.46p.

David, I think I am in the wrong part of the UK for petrol prices. Again that's a really good price.👍

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's a brilliant price compared to everywhere down here too!! I don't know how they've gotten it so low - it's well below the average around here!

The queues of people trying to take advantage of it are not doing the village any favours tho'! :laugh: 

How comes Shell can't do this all over the UK, does Abridge buy there petrol without the rest of Shell HQ knowing.🤔

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links