Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

It has been reported that due to its petrol tankers coming under fire in the red sea that BP is looking at other routes, this will lead to delays and the cost of petrol is set to rise over Christmas. Just when it was coming down.😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think that bit of news has only been released so the petrol producers/sellers have an excuse to raise prices again. I don't see why the likes of BP can not use the obscene profits they have made over the last couple of years to absorb the extra costs, which will probably only run into a million dollars or two ............  (Cynical, moi?).

• Like 3

When you consider the size of these ships, and the height of the decks above water, how do these pirates in their relatively small crafts manage to get onto the ships in the first place?   Is it due to carelessness by crew members?

I know that there are problems if steps were taken to arm the crews with guns, but don’t the ships have powerful fire hoses that could be used to simply blast the pirates - and their boats - out of the water?

Wherever incidents occur where law breakers trespass onto the territories of the law abiding public, in recent times there seems to be a fear of repelling the “criminals” in case some activists find it objectionable.  Too much attention is given to the opinions of the Loony Left, at the expense of protecting the real human rights of innocent, hardworking people.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Haliotis said:

When you consider the size of these ships, and the height of the decks above water, how do these pirates in their relatively small crafts manage to get onto the ships in the first place?   Is it due to carelessness by crew members?

I know that there are problems if steps were taken to arm the crews with guns, but don’t the ships have powerful fire hoses that could be used to simply blast the pirates - and their boats - out of the water?

Wherever incidents occur where law breakers trespass onto the territories of the law abiding public, in recent times there seems to be a fear of repelling the “criminals” in case some activists find it objectionable.  Too much attention is given to the opinions of the Loony Left, at the expense of protecting the real human rights of innocent, hardworking people.

Unfortunately Albert it wasn't pirates, it was missile and drone strikes on ships and oil tankers from areas controlled by the Houthis, an Iran-backed rebels group based in Yemen. :no:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

I think that bit of news has only been released so the petrol producers/sellers have an excuse to raise prices again. I don't see why the likes of BP can not use the obscene profits they have made over the last couple of years to absorb the extra costs, which will probably only run into a million dollars or two ............  (Cynical, moi?).

But, if they had to absorb the million or two dollars, the big bosses of BP wouldn't be able to buy their mistresses any beach houses with the obscene bonusses they earn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_D said:

But, if they had to absorb the million or two dollars, the big bosses of BP wouldn't be able to buy their mistresses any beach houses with the obscene bonusses they earn

BP Bloated Paypacket?:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_D said:

Sorry, I never thought of that. 😄

• Haha 1

@Haliotis there are several novels concerning Somali pirates and also news from the International task force protecting ship passage.

Boarding from skiffs, launched from a mothership, using grapples and ladders is easy once the ship has stopped.The pirates are armed with rifles and rocket grenades.   Initially the mership were unarmed though many have 

LRAD and Directional SoundIn addition to creating lots of volume, these sonic weapons are also relatively directional. The sound from an LRAD, in other words, doesn't disperse as much as sounds from typical Speakers. While people behind or next to the device still hear the sound, it isn't as loud.

The Seabourn Spirit was attacked, my friends were on board.  The ship managed to escape. 

However, as @Bper says, the threat now is missiles and recently a helicopter assault. 

• Like 1

Paid £1.43.9 per litre yesterday for Tesco Momentum (super unleaded).

• Like 5

Just topped off the tank, 136.9 for Sainsburys finest E10 :laugh:  

• Like 2

Local Morrisons down from 142.9p to 139.9p the lowest it has been:clap:

I hope it's not just a ploy to attract Christmas shoppers into the store. 🛒

• Like 2

Shell at Louth 136.9.  It has usually been cheaper than most.   Jet out of Lincoln 137.2.

The small amount we need really does not cost that much more at higher priced however, the Mercedes next to me put in £68 worth of petrol.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

the Mercedes next to me put in £68 worth of petrol

A quarter of a tank?? 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we go again Christmas over and local Morrisons have put their prices up straight away from 139.9p to 140.9p. Plenty of talk on MSM about petrol prices rising due to the BP tanker attacks that occurred pre Christmas off Yemen.

• Sad 1

Posted above on Wednesday Petrol up again within two days from 140.9p to 141.9p at Local Morrisons. :pirate:

• 2 weeks later...

Local Morrisons just raised their petrol price from £141.9p to £143.9p😡

I filled up today and paid 133.9p per litre

• Like 1

This morning Morrisons have raised the price again from £143.9p to £144.9p this is going in the wrong direction.😡

Most of them have stabilized at 136.9 down 'ere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How comes our local Morrisons offer 5p a litre discount if you spend £35 in store, current petrol price 144.9p. So either the discount is being absorbed in the food prices which are high anyway or they can afford to drop 5p so either way they can't loose.😡

22 minutes ago, Bper said:

How comes our local Morrisons offer 5p a litre discount if you spend £35 in store, current petrol price 144.9p. So either the discount is being absorbed in the food prices which are high anyway or they can afford to drop 5p so either way they can't loose.😡

Or they put the price up so they can give you 5p back?

Shell Stamford 139.9

Shell Grantham 141.9

Gulf A1 138.9

• Thanks 1

Does anyone remember when petrol stations handed out small gifts for buying fuel?  My last ones (which I still have, and i believe they were from Esso stations) are a collection of Kellogg cereal bowls - and I managed all six - and they are of decent quality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or crystal glasses or Oxford English Dictionaries. 

I used to collect BP road maps of UK and Europe.

I once got a single sheet, double sided map by Route 66 IIRC that covered the whole of the USA.  The detail was superb and included all their military bases.  It took up no space and was kicking around in a drawer for 50 years- sold it on eBay.

Now you get owt for nowt

• Haha 2

World cup coins, smurfs, blank cassette tapes,Glass tumblers these were some of the gifts given when filling up with petrol in the 70s 80s.😀

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links