Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any tips how to maximise hybrid mpg whilst driving?

Bruce Lea

4 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

Is Shell V Power E5 99?

Yes it’s E5 and it’s better than Shell 95 which is E10

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes it’s E5 and it’s better than shell 95 which is E10

Are you saying Tesco E5 petrol is better than Shell V Power?

17 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

Are you saying Tesco E5 petrol is better than Shell V Power?

I don’t know. I uses Tesco E5 for about 6 months and was fine, better than any E10 95. I used few times Shell E5 99 and it’s fine too, I can’t say Tesco or Shell has better E5. 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing we can’t stop or adjust to maximise efficiency is the heavy wind and rain.
Last night was horrible to drive on London’s motorways, the wind was super strong and the car was shaking and jumping side to side like airplane landing at Luton airport 😂. I had checked the fuel consumption and although I was driving slower and careful the mpg was down from 58 to 52 and this with Tesco momentum 99. If it was with E10 95 likely would have be less than 50mpg. 

• Like 1

I must say that's one thing that's a lot better in the Mk4 - It's low wide shape doesn't get buffeted about anywhere nearly as bad as the Mk1 and Mk2 did. I think the fact that it weighs nearly 300kg more probably helps anchor it to the earth too :laugh: 

The tall slab-sided light-weight Mk2 was like a sail boat in a cross-wind; Bloody terrifying when you're coming down the M1 at night when the wind got gusty!! :eek: 

• Like 2

I also think that the longer you have your hybrid, the more you drive it and understand it, you kind of learn how to maintain mpg naturally.

I got 61mpg yesterday on a 70 mile trip mixture of motorway and urban roads, also outside temperature pretty cold and a/c heater on, etc 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tony, filmrd up with Texaco Supreme 99, got almost 60mpg and close to 500 miles on full tank before reserve light came on.

Will try the cheaper Texaco E95 see if it makes a difference.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links