Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bZ4X Delivery Dates

bZ4X

Just had MyT update. Car is at the dealer. Feel like I should maybe go visit it and get my own proof at this rate. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, xbox-vibes said:

however for new cars the new wheel design with remodelled holes will be produced instead

A bit concerned about the above...

If this is true, then it could have negative effect on resale value for existing vehicles.

The fixed vehicles will be inherently different from all later produced cars.

They may be perceived as lesser quality , needing the special bolts.

If some years down the road,  a special bolt was lost/damaged , might be hard to replace given they likely just make a single production lot for the fix ?

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, xbox-vibes said:

I read as well last week( can’t remember where ) that for existing cars the new bolts and extra washer will be produced, however for new cars the new wheel design with remodelled holes will be produced instead. It’s a good news for some of us….

27 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

A bit concerned about the above...

If this is true, then it could have negative effect on resale value for existing vehicles.

The fixed vehicles will be inherently different from all later produced cars.

They may be perceived as lesser quality , needing the special bolts.

If some years down the road,  a special bolt was lost/damaged , might be hard to replace given they likely just make a single production lot for the fix ?

I suspect that Chinese whispers is in action again ... though I could be totally wrong.

US cars appear to have been manufactured with both defective wheels and defective wheel bolts. So the fix for the US  is replacement wheel bolts together with replacement wheels (so that the bolt holes in the wheel actually line-up with the bolt holes in the hub).

For the rest of the world - at least UK and Europe - the existing wheels are just fine and always will be. We just need the slightly more sophisticated wheel bolt solution that is now being used in production ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am UK based and my car (AWD Motion) is at the dealer waiting on a few accessories.

My home charger is being fitted early next week - had to sort my own as British Gas wouldn't do it but Toyota are paying for it

I hope to have it in my possession by a week tomorrow

• Like 3

9 hours ago, G S said:

I am UK based and my car (AWD Motion) is at the dealer waiting on a few accessories.

My home charger is being fitted early next week - had to sort my own as British Gas wouldn't do it but Toyota are paying for it

I hope to have it in my possession by a week tomorrow

I want to complete my home charger installation. But dealer doesn't know where to start 🙄 any advice for that? How lond did it take? 

21 hours ago, G S said:

Why wouldn't British Gas fir it? They wouldn't fit one for me, either, because I don't have a dropped kerb. How did you manage to get Toyota to pick up the tab for your installation?

The dealer sent me an online link via their account and I filled in all the details. British Gas rang me and tried to do a survey online but their video software wouldn't work properly. They came out to see me and realised that as the farm I live at runs on three phase electrics and they can only do single phase that they would not fit it

I got a quote from a local sparky and via my dealer, Toyota agreed that as the charger being supplied was part of the deal, I would sort it out and they would pick up the tab.

3 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

Why wouldn't British Gas fir it? They wouldn't fit one for me, either, because I don't have a dropped kerb. How did you manage to get Toyota to pick up the tab for your installation?

The dealer sent me an online link via their account and I filled in all the details. British Gas rang me and tried to do a survey online but their video software wouldn't work properly. They came out to see me and realised that as the farm I live at runs on three phase electrics and they can only do single phase that they would not fit it

I got a quote from a local sparky and via my dealer, Toyota agreed that as the charger being supplied was part of the deal, I would sort it out and they would pick up the tab.

• Thanks 1

Oooh 3 phase.. does that mean you can get a 22kW charger fitted? :naughty: 

1 hour ago, G S said:

Thanks. Very odd. If you have a three-phase power supply you will have three individual cables coming into your property. Strange that your sparky can tap off one of those cables and British Gas cannot. I'm intrigued to know how you convinced Toyota to pick up the tab. Did your dealer liaise with them on your behalf? If so, I'd like to go down a similar route.

NB, I have some familiarity with 3-phase power supply, as my home used to share a single phase cable with my two neighbours. One night, it all went to pot, and the neutral connection on the pole outside our properties burned out. Helluva load of sparks. After the energy company had fixed the problem, they came back a few weeks later and put three individual phases on the pole, so each house now has its own power supply. I haven't seen any lights flicker since that was done, so it seems to have given each house more capacity.

Car arrived at the dealer yesterday. 

Should get it Wednesday / Thursday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bZ4xSupra said:

Car arrived at the dealer yesterday. 

Should get it Wednesday / Thursday.

Good news. One more completed this troublous journey 😊

No premiere trim delivery yet. Toyota waiting for the last minute I believe!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bZ4xSupra said:

so they're coming through

Still a frustrating process. The app tells me it arrived at my dealer on Thursday but still not heard from them. 

• Like 1

My Motion FWD has finally arrived at dealer with pick up next Thursday. I have reg plate as well.  Briefly, I could see the car on the MyToyota app with % charge (84%), range (240 ml) , mileage (24 ml), door open/close etc, but this disappeared after a day. I knew the car was at the dealer but it took them a week to let me know. Now trying to negotiate some discount for accessories and a reasonable trade-in.

I have had my own EVCP installed but am trying to get a contribution from Toyota based on the British Gas deal but don't really expect anything at this stage.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

Thanks. Very odd. If you have a three-phase power supply you will have three individual cables coming into your property. Strange that your sparky can tap off one of those cables and British Gas cannot. I'm intrigued to know how you convinced Toyota to pick up the tab. Did your dealer liaise with them on your behalf? If so, I'd like to go down a similar route.

Well, I think it is based on the fact that my local sparky is a competent electrician and British Gas engineers are not! In my lifetime I have ever only had problems with 2 tradesman (1 Gasman and 1 Electrician) and both were BG engineers.

When the original Toyota Charger offer transpired to be a deal with BG, part of me died inside but I thought maybe they have improved. In a way I was quite happy they wouldn't / couldn't do it.

There really wasn't much convincing to be done, I told the dealer that BG won't fit it but my local sparky will, a few emails between me, the dealer and Toyota UK and I sent them a quote and they agreed. 

I have seen a number of comments from unhappy customers complaining about lots of things but both my local dealer and Toyota UK have been very good with regular contact (even if the contact was to say there wasn't any more news)

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Cyker said:

Oooh 3 phase.. does that mean you can get a 22kW charger fitted? :naughty: 

I did wonder that but as it only has a 6.6KW charger it would be overkill. I just kept it simple

I was just thinking for futureproofing, as hopefully EV Battery capacities will improve in the future and having that extra oomph will be useful. You could even turn it into a public charge point and get some money from EV drivers off the beaten track! :laugh: 

Maybe set up a little shop next to it to sell whatever your farm makes while they're stuck there! :naughty: 

1 hour ago, G S said:

Well, I think it is based on the fact that my local sparky is a competent electrician and British Gas engineers are not! In my lifetime I have ever only had problems with 2 tradesman (1 Gasman and 1 Electrician) and both were BG engineers.

When the original Toyota Charger offer transpired to be a deal with BG, part of me died inside but I thought maybe they have improved. In a way I was quite happy they wouldn't / couldn't do it.

There really wasn't much convincing to be done, I told the dealer that BG won't fit it but my local sparky will, a few emails between me, the dealer and Toyota UK and I sent them a quote and they agreed. 

I have seen a number of comments from unhappy customers complaining about lots of things but both my local dealer and Toyota UK have been very good with regular contact (even if the contact was to say there wasn't any more news)

Ta. What charger did you go for?

Its proably down to qualifications on wheather you can work on a 3 phase system or just single phase. I have herd of electricans that just dont have a clue about 3 phase.

• Like 1

I have heard today they trying out tree pulp as a replacment for Battery electrodes so maybe no more mining for raw materials in the future.

• Like 2

Ooh do you have a link? That sounds interesting. Wood pulp isn't very conductive so I'd love to know how they managed that as it would revolutionize electronics!

Cyker sorry lost the link for now but the best part was its a by product of cutting logs and turnd into a Battery plate.

Will update you when I come across it again.

• Thanks 1

I ordered a Premiere edition in April. My heart sunk too when I was told British Gas was chosen to fit the free charger. Sure enough, after I completed a ludicrously complex form asking how many of each type of light bulb I had, they concluded that fitting a charger in my fairly remote farmhouse was impossible. I contacted PodPoint and one was fitted in two weeks, which I have since had verified by two tame electricians is perfectly legal and safe. So far, my requests to Toyota UK to at least give a contribution equivalent to what they would have paid British Gas have been refused. I live in hope that Toyota will be reasonable, considering especially the way we have been treated and communicated with over the last 9 months on a major purchase like this.

• Like 5

On 11/3/2022 at 8:58 PM, G S said:

home charger is being fitted early next week - had to sort my own as British Gas wouldn't do it but Toyota are paying for it

If I can ask, how you managed to arrange your own charger and Toyota pay for it? Have you contact Uk Toyota directly? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links