Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

bZ4X Delivery Dates

bZ4X

Yes, it’s true you can only lease in Japan but still they half they feed as lack of customers. 
Regards 7.5k tax credit in US it’s not due to changing law but to  crossing the threshold of 200k ev or hybrids cars. Every automaker as Ford, Tesla having subsidy on the begging of production etc in certain country’s. 
They simply produced to many hybrids….

1 hour ago, rfrancis073 said:

Only discount that the USA received was the $5,000 USD that was given to customers who had already taken possession of them.

Plus hire car and fuel compensation and extra year of free charging…I’m was lucky enough that my wife, she’s a lawyer so we added as well that from 1st of November we support to save on road tax, fuel etc . Plus we said that we borrowed a car from our friend( ok we have few extra cars on the farm, but it’s about principals) so from that day we are going through all unnecessaries expenses. As they reply that every case will be resolve individuall, that make sense as they do not want to make official statement to all the customers. It’s worth to add that we are interest to replace another two cars for Toyota and change farm trucks x 2 for Hilux so maybe this is why my dealer trying hard to keep us . 

32 minutes ago, xbox-vibes said:

Yes, it’s true you can only lease in Japan but still they half they feed as lack of customers. 
Regards 7.5k tax credit in US it’s not due to changing law but to  crossing the threshold of 200k ev or hybrids cars. Every automaker as Ford, Tesla having subsidy on the begging of production etc in certain country’s. 
They simply produced to many hybrids….

On August 16th, Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act.  Starting on January 1, 2023, the 200k limit is removed.   However, as soon as the bill was enacted, clean vehicles (EV's) had to have final assembly in North America to qualify.  The number of eligible EV's went from 70 to 21 on that day.  With new Battery content kicking in starting 2023, the number will fall more until a shift in logistics occurs.  That's why Europe, Korea, Japan, others...are all up in arms as this new law violates WTO standings as well as a few free trade agreements that were already in place (i.e. Korea Free Trade agreement)

If the law were not changed, Toyota would have lost half of the $7,500 credit on October 1st because of the 200K threshold.  At least I could have got $3,750 out of it but as of now, the bZ4X qualifies for zero.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:16 PM, egg said:

Just logged into My T app, and mine has just changed to that same screen. Not heard from dealer yet though

So, after not hearing a thing from my dealer again, I've just rung them. Apparently they took delivery of the car on Tuesday, which seems to tie in with when my app changed and let me connect to car. 

According to my dealer, they are still waiting for the replacement wheel bolts they ordered on 6th Oct, and have no delivery date yet for these! Wtf?

Also, i was under the impression the new wheel bolts would be replaced at Burnaston, maybe I'm wrong!

I'm going to go through shortly to look at the car, not that I'll be able to check if the new bolts have been fitted or not. Or will i? Didn't someone say there would be a yellow blob of paint added somewhere after the fix? Was it next to vin no?

14 minutes ago, egg said:

So, after not hearing a thing from my dealer again, I've just rung them. Apparently they took delivery of the car on Tuesday, which seems to tie in with when my app changed and let me connect to car. 

According to my dealer, they are still waiting for the replacement wheel bolts they ordered on 6th Oct, and have no delivery date yet for these! Wtf?

Also, i was under the impression the new wheel bolts would be replaced at Burnaston, maybe I'm wrong!

I'm going to go through shortly to look at the car, not that I'll be able to check if the new bolts have been fitted or not. Or will i? Didn't someone say there would be a yellow blob of paint added somewhere after the fix? Was it next to vin no?

As I understand there are three things to fix with cars built before the recall:

1. Replacement wheel bolts - to be done at Burnaston. It would be easy for the dealer to tell whether or not this has been done - they simply need to remove one bolt to see whether it is a single piece (old) or a three piece bolt, conical washer and o-ring.
  2. Installation of an airbag fixing - something to better retain it. Again to be done at Burnaston, and, I believe, the "yellow blob" is there to indicate whether or not this fix has been applied.
  3. A software update (for the LTA system) - and this part is supposed to be done by the dealer.

I think ... 😉

• Like 1

In addition, updated Owner manuals reflecting the new bolts and torques, need to be provided.

32 minutes ago, egg said:

Yes, next to WIN number yellow dot. 

I happened to be near my dealership this morning, so I dropped in. My car is in their compound awaiting prepping, along with a bunch of other bz4xs. The sales guy told me that their staff had yet to receive technical training, and they have some problem with their charging stations, so it might be a few weeks yet.

I read as well last week( can’t remember where ) that for existing cars the new bolts and extra washer will be produced, however for new cars the new wheel design with remodelled holes will be produced instead. It’s a good news for some of us….

46 minutes ago, Mister Mike said:

ir staff had yet to receive technical training

This sounds more like they don’t have anyone trained to PDI the BZ4X, which is shocking if that’s the case as Toyota offered dealer training back in May. 
If the faulty charger is the issue you might be able to negotiate handover on less than 100% Battery but I suspect the PDI includes Battery charged to 100%. 
Anyone seen the PDI checklist for the BZ4X?

PDI,  according to my dealer include 100% Battery charge.
Just informed by my dealer- Toyota arriving on 17th- hurray!! On the app not showing any build etc so not sure how they will managed to do it in two weeks???

Been through to look at it and i must say it looks awesome. Not seen that colour in the flesh before, and as i was hoping, the vision spec has shiny black plastic trim on the bonnet. I didn't get the salesman to unlock the car as it was parked in between two other cars and short of space so didn't look at the vin no's. I told him i thought the plan was to fit the new wheel bolts at Burnaston, to which he said Toyota have changed their mind and are shipping them to dealers as is, for them to fit. Makes sense to not delay the cars anymore than they have to. They still don't have any dates from Toyota for when they will receive the new bolts which is p!$$ poor in my mind. I told him if it's not sorted in the next 10-12 days I'm going to be cancelling my order, requesting my deposit back and going with the Tesla. I do hope they get this sorted asap though as i think it looks the business 

• Sad 1

I just want this damn car now.

No good a car being at the dealer if it's not able to be fixed. 

I wonder how they are allocating the fixes? I ordered the same day the emails went out inviting the public to make a reservation. 

9 minutes ago, bZ4xSupra said:

I just want this damn car now.

No good a car being at the dealer if it's not able to be fixed. 

I wonder how they are allocating the fixes? I ordered the same day the emails went out inviting the public to make a reservation. 

And I ordered 3 days prior 😊! You cannot see your order status with "my t" application right? I need to contact every time to my dealer for update. As they allocated to one cancelled order. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, egg said:

Toyota have changed their mind and are shipping them to dealers as is

Just spoken to Toyota Online about my car as it was an online order. It’s on its way to the dealer from Burnaston and has had the wheel bolts fitted. 
Maybe Toyota changed their minds at some point or perhaps it’s because mine was an online rather than dealer order. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

And I ordered 3 days prior 😊! You cannot see your order status with "my t" application right? I need to contact every time to my dealer for update. As they allocated to one cancelled order. 

Yes. I've given on up my dealer. They have been very poor and I have had zero update from them that I have not prompted. This is my second vehicle from them this year so I did expect great service because of that, let alone the recall.

The car is still good value for money and compliments my needs very well but dear goodness this process is leaving a bitter taste! 

53 minutes ago, egg said:

I told him i thought the plan was to fit the new wheel bolts at Burnaston, to which he said Toyota have changed their mind and are shipping them to dealers as is, for them to fit.

While that's perfectly possible, dealers have been known to get 'confused'. Customer cars have been languishing at Burnaston for some months - it makes sense to fix them there at the factory to ensure that it gets done right before shipping to the dealers. Demonstrators and showroom cars are already at the dealers - it makes sense to get the dealers to address the wheel bolt issue rather than ship them back to Burnastion and then back to the dealer. But there's usually little scope for logic ... 😉

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, philip42h said:

While that's perfectly possible, dealers have been known to get 'confused'. Customer cars have been languishing at Burnaston for some months - it makes sense to fix them there at the factory to ensure that it gets done right before shipping to the dealers. Demonstrators and showroom cars are already at the dealers - it makes sense to get the dealers to address the wheel bolt issue rather than ship them back to Burnastion and then back to the dealer. But there's usually little scope for logic ... 😉

This makes the most sense 

30 minutes ago, Malop said:

Just spoken to Toyota Online about my car as it was an online order. It’s on its way to the dealer from Burnaston and has had the wheel bolts fitted. 
Maybe Toyota changed their minds at some point or perhaps it’s because mine was an online rather than dealer order. 

What colour did you order again?

1 hour ago, Malop said:

This sounds more like they don’t have anyone trained to PDI the BZ4X, which is shocking if that’s the case as Toyota offered dealer training back in May. 

The guy did mention PDI as an issue. I presume that means something like pre delivery inspection. A bit odd they're not able to do that because it's a big dealership.

29 minutes ago, bZ4xSupra said:

What colour did you order again?

Red

20 minutes ago, Mister Mike said:

A bit odd they're not able to do that because it's a big dealership.

Maybe their one trained mechanic is on holiday 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Screenshots of webchat just now

Screenshot_20221103-150459_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221103-150903_Chrome.jpg

By the end of November, hopefully! But I don't trust the information given by customer service 😊

And as if by magic, the dealer called. 

Car is on its way. No firm delivery date. 

Car has had the fix applied. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links