Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5th generation Prius.

FROSTYBALLS

Woo! I just hope Toyota UK don't castrate it by picking stupid options and omitting useful ones again...

I'd really like to know where they get their customer survey data from - I don't know anyone who would think lumbar support and heated seats/steering wheel would not be worth having as at least an option!

Still, at least they listened to me about the spare wheel, in the Yaris at least, so there is hope!

It's a pity it's no good for me as I'd love one with the AWD - It has so much tech I'd love in my Yaris, but it's just too big for what I need a car for, and I don't think I'd like the infrared LEDs shining in my face the whole time (Can that even be disabled??)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im hoping the “tow pack” is still available as on the 4th Gen.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:30 AM, AJones said:

Appears new Prius registrations were at least 3000 in 2022.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_prius_hybrid

But no doubt the low sales will have been a big factor in the decision, but then sales are dependent on the design and appeal of the actual product and the current Prius has some weaknesses, the front end design and styling is not attractive to many buyers, the acceleration isn't great and boot space in the PHEV is very limited.

The new 2023 design addresses all of those weaknesses, so has the potential to do a lot better. There's still a market for efficient saloons, look at the BMW 330e PHEV and the huge success of the Tesla Model 3. Given how company car drivers and salary sacrifice drivers are strongly pushed toward plug-in vehicles it is amazing how few Toyota have to offer

Im still happy to be one of the 36 registrations of my model / varient in 2022. 
i see a classic car show in my future in 2047

Let's have the self charging version as an option please as in the new C-HR model....

• Like 1

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that last night!

After seeing this beauty in the States a few weeks ago, I was amazed at how low it was.  It really did look stunning though.

This has really put the cat amongst the pigeons on what I 'thought' I would be buying next 😆

IMG_7316.thumb.jpeg.65f87ac1e709fc5d4aadb265379103fe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.37c586b974771df8955e379598af6516.jpegIMG_7320.thumb.jpeg.acdbcd35d0264496e658a2de2f9ff9d9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After viewing a few Corolla estates over last few weeks this has court me out , always regretted not buying a Prius last time a bought a car , will have to start watching a few videos on newest models 

• Like 2

Looks like my next car. Just hope as previously said they don't give the UK silly options- like my front seat passenger deserves lumbar support too. Always vexed me that passenger comfort is secondary to drivers - who would offer a house guest an uncomfortable chair?

• Like 3

If the price is reasonable and the self charging variant is offered then would absolutely buy. Have a feeling that they will offer the plugin model only with super high spec and the price will be £42k.....

• Like 3

A good news indeed. 
Perhaps government decision to extend ice and hybrids ban date made difference and the high interest from Toyota owners. 
Corolla TS has its benefits too and although I always liked Prius the most these last Corolla TS in top spec trims are my favourite hybrids. 

• Like 3

It makes me laugh how things have changed - who would have thought the Prius would become the looker! :laugh:  

I think even Prius fans were resigned to the fact it was always going to look a bit weird for the sake of aero above all else, so this was a shock for all! :laugh: 

The fact that they made it look good, but kept the slippery aerodynamics, is very impressive - When you look at other manufacturer's concept cars for low drag they just look hideous with all sorts of ugly fairings and wasted space at the back.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Still no word on specs and prices? What kind of company leaks to the motoring press that the Prius is coming to the UK then does not even post on their own website?!

• Like 2

Perhaps they are not ready yet but it will likely be the top spec variant of plug in hybrid only. Price around £40000 imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Perhaps they are not ready yet but it will likely be the top spec variant of plug in hybrid only. Price around £40000 imo. 

I was thinking the same as that is what they have in Ireland... one trim level plug-in. 

https://www.toyota.ie/models/prius-plugin/build

€46,530 🤔

• Like 1

I see from this week's Auto Express that like Ireland, the UK is getting the Plug-in model only.  No prices or specs have been released yet so its a case of watch this space 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Harters said:

I see from this week's Auto Express that like Ireland, the UK is getting the Plug-in model only.  No prices or specs have been released yet so its a case of watch this space 🤔

Can’t afford the plug in & although I like the Prius & reckon the new model looks fantastic, at the probable cost of the plug in & for the benefits I would personally get I’d probably opt for the Tesla model 3!

Ack, that's going to badly affect sales - The main draw of these things is to save money on running costs, but if it's over £40,000 off the bat, the tax goes from £170 to £560! :eek:  (Probably nearer £600 by the time it comes out!)

That would certainly put me off - I'm still slightly annoyed this car, which is the least polluting, most frugal vehicle I've owned, is also the most expensive to tax, even more than my crappy Fiesta, whereas my old D4Ds which are now the vehicles of the devil according to KHAAAAAN were only £30!!

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 3:45 PM, Harters said:

I was thinking the same as that is what they have in Ireland... one trim level plug-in. 

https://www.toyota.ie/models/prius-plugin/build

€46,530 🤔

That price is in Euros which at the current exchange rate would make it about £41k. Given Irish tax differs on new cars it may well arrive in UK showrooms under £40k. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mean honestly why would you spend nearly £40k on a Prius when a new Lexus ES is the same price?! Personally would only acquire the new Prius if it was the self charging model.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cs233 said:

I mean honestly why would you spend nearly £40k on a Prius when a new Lexus ES is the same price?! Personally would only acquire the new Prius if it was the self charging model.

Is the Lexus a PHEV? 

36 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Is the Lexus a PHEV? 

Standard self charging model but it is better value for money and has sound proofing that has to be experienced to be believed. The self charging Prius at a starting price of around £32k would have a big potential client base.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cs233 said:

Standard self charging model but it is better value for money and has sound proofing that has to be experienced to be believed. The self charging Prius at a starting price of around £32k would have a big potential client base.

Ok, the price for the Prius quoted above is for the PHEV, in Euros in a different country. And until the new Prius has been priced AND driven your comparison is largely pointless. 

51 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

comparison is largely pointless. 

Not sure about pointless, the entire objective of a forum is to express opinions and thoughts. Going to be a small market at £40k would suggest.... 

• Like 3

Fyi higher grade mk4 prius were coming in at £40k+for the self charging hybrid before discontinue so £32k is unrealistic imho. 

• Like 2

As much as I love my Prius, I was really excited when the Gen 5 was released, but then disappointed when (initially) I heard the UK wasn't going to get it.  However, after seeing it in the metal in the States I was really surprised at how much lower it was than the Gen 4.  4cm doesn't seem a lot, but it felt like a sports car standing next to it.

Having wanting my next car to be higher and therefore easier to get into I have kind of ruled the Gen 5 out, but I will wait until I see it again before making up my mind.  I am interested in the new C-HR, but with the price that is I am probably going to go all in and hold off for the next Lexus UX in around 2026.

• Like 4

It is interesting as the newer models are all lower than their predecessors - I assume it's for aero and fuel efficiency reasons, but it does improve the looks too.

You never know, they might release a Prius Cross next :laugh: 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links