Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross accessories and improvements

anchorman

You’ve got the wheels and the Yaris logos.  It sounds like you’ve got an itch that needs scratching.  I personally can’t get emotive about a lock barrel but one man’s poison as they say.  

On 6/3/2023 at 6:16 AM, Tel 2 said:

The lock itself !

If you are trying to make it less obvious, then body colour would be best. You could probably do it with a touch-up kit. Not sure how well it would hold up to regular use though.

Not doing it.

Stuck black insulation tape on to see effect.

Hid the lock . Lexus use a Stainless Steel Plate to hide their locks.

Tel

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2023 at 1:54 PM, anchorman said:

Not so long ago, an owner took 18” wheels off his car and put 16” wheels on.  He seemed very concerned about what others might think.  My sentiment to that is that you do what you want to your own car - if that’s your thing, don’t worry about it and crack on.  I’ve shown some things I’ve done to mine.  I don’t expect anyone to do the same unless they want to.  I’ve experienced a number of snipes regarding changing the horn and the mirror.  Nobody is at gunpoint, you’re not obliged to do it if you don’t want.  

I’ve got mixed feelings about this Cross.  It’s good mechanically but it’s disappointing in others.  It’s definitely built down to a price and that shouts at you if you look around.  There was a great gaping expanse of bare metal in the boot so I’ve bought the plastic insert.  I also applied sound proofing to the resonating panels.  It makes an amazing difference but whether it makes the car quieter?   The jury is out.  I also did one back door but if come down with yet another dose of flu so job is stopped.  The speaker is the cheapest I’ve ever seen since my Shira Touring days.  It is absolutely weightless. Anybody know any reasonably priced upgrades?

DC8E784D-DCEC-4578-9E94-E5C77D6F9348.jpeg

F958135C-91EC-40C0-AB7C-FB01EB09A22C.jpeg

6E2EE04C-1C65-4BFB-9905-8F329E65C24C.jpeg

A98B51B1-7476-41F5-9EF6-3D07FA606D67.jpeg

AD303474-4D20-4318-B0FC-6534C40026ED.jpeg

hi do you have any disassembly instructions for the door panel? I am going to do the sound proof of my cross. The noise from the door is quite annoying, I can hear the engine of other cars when stopping in a traffic.

• 7 months later...
On 1/28/2023 at 6:29 PM, anchorman said:

Fitted the mudflaps.  You need the rear wheels off to drill and the fronts can be done by turning the steering.  These are very cheep at about £15 a pair (the Yaris ones are £45 a pair!).  

D37EFF23-F955-48CE-968C-60DB72975AE3.jpeg

AAB75B4A-17E7-46AA-9DB9-714C6FAA40BD.jpeg

5057C070-B5CF-4D4F-921D-3B463935EDBD.jpeg

Look great, where do I get some?

2 hours ago, tumpboy said:

Look great, where do I get some?

Kingo is a good start @Parts-King  Keep in mind, they’ve been in short supply since I fitted those.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anchorman said:

Kingo is a good start @Parts-King  Keep in mind, they’ve been in short supply since I fitted those.

Still not available yet sorry, no more info at the moment 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 7:38 AM, Tel 2 said:

Don,

Agree but mine has the door protection on that raised the question.

Tel

IMG_0020.jpeg

Can you help me get mudflaps like those please?

6 hours ago, tumpboy said:

Can you help me get mudflaps like those please?

There are no genuine ones but someone got some of eBay or Ali Express.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links