Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 12 volt high power battery fitted.

Derek.w

2 hours ago, Dala said:

Today I had time to find out the type of car battery.
I am surprised.
Yaris hybrid made in France 2020 and battery same as Derek's

I see a only a white video with audio.

• Like 1

Had a surprise today.  Opened the tailgate to load some stuff then shut it.  Did not start the car for another 30 minutes.  There was a significant voltage dip when I opened the tailgate. 

I took advantage of the situation and did a load test of the car Battery

image.thumb.jpeg.870f8a7ab4ec634ca696cb8219418e92.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.acaf56f054ed5e0b159f56710cb74de9.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.4a2fb29c028f974cb5e94943f2f1e241.jpeg 

correct CCA value should be 264A = SOH 96%

I bought the car in October 2020

On 3/17/2023 at 11:25 PM, Dala said:

Yes now I can see the video.  I'm unable to read the Battery label but it seems the same Battery model.   

Moreover if I'm seeing correctly there's not a pipe to send gas outside the car in case of Battery overheating. 

Whaaaaa??? :eek: 

So it's all a lie about needing special vented batteries in the car??? :confused1:

• Confused 1

Lead acid batteries give off gas when charging  AGM batteries demonstrate minimal gassing and acid leakage, last longer and are resistant to freezing.

• Like 1

Toyota saves costs.  The rust is already visible in the video.

16 minutes ago, Dala said:

Toyota saves costs.  The rust is already visible in the video.

:confused1:

1 hour ago, Dala said:

I responded for a car battery in the car and without a tube.

Where is the video showing rust?

3 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Where is ....... rust?

image.thumb.jpeg.b20da8c23910f988c1d90704cc995620.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.f4c0a8862f7c4818639a3cab7a29a521.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.3d14d6521c01dacc5cd39713995906f7.jpeg

The tubing from Battery to the outside is on the left hand side of My Battery you need to check the right hand side take off point to be sure its not fitted.

RickyC

/////////!!! just below your picture is a white blanking plug make sure no hole exist if hole is evedent look for a black tubing with a right angle elbow fitting to insert.

IMG_0506.thumb.JPG.8dfd499a97efcbb688416bae75e0b3e2.JPG

check opposite end of Battery as a second vent hole can be used at the other end.

There’s no rust on mine but that piddly surface rust is nothing to worry about.   This fella gets on your wick with the face close ups but by freezing it at appropriate places, there doesn’t seem to be a 12v Battery vent.  

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 9:36 AM, anchorman said:

There’s no rust on mine but that piddly surface rust is nothing to worry about.   This fella gets on your wick with the face close ups but by freezing it at appropriate places, there doesn’t seem to be a 12v battery vent.  

Very interesting video. 

I don't see any Battery vent connection ( even if Battery has at least one vent hole ) but it's possible that has not been shown, because in the video the 12V Battery is already removed from the car.

In any case I see that the video car is equipeed with a Yuasa battery.  I didn't succeed in reading the specs and model number.   

• Like 1

I opened the Battery Monitor app when in the car before switching the car off look like the car spiked the Battery monitor data.

IMG_0511.thumb.PNG.c204db612f7822dbba6cd2af175aaed9.PNG

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 6:59 PM, Derek.w said:

I opened the Battery Monitor app when in the car before switching the car off look like the car spiked the battery monitor data.

Your BM shows great values!
My car Battery has crazy values 😞
I will also do this exchange before winter.
I will most likely buy a Varta Blue Dynamic B36 44Ah 420amps.
Is it necessary to program the ECU for this new Battery?

image.thumb.jpeg.c043ed57ed94b73a0c928b4fbf414e99.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.cab6c1771954e0600b017c193c9a2dcf.jpeg

Dala no engine ecu programing required you will need to retune your radio DAB signal just press on selected band type if it says signal present then retune button.

FM just retune 

Clock may need daylight saving mode selected

Any shortcuts for you phone needs tobe reselected.

Phone name and numbers it pulled up out of memory.

Note let the car systems go to sleep unlock drivers door but dont open it use other doors for access.

Remove Earth pole first then Battery locking clamp slide Battery forward to gain access to positive termanal lift up red cover remove clamp then remove vent tube slide Battery out.

I also insulated my tool with tape and make sure the negative clamp cannot fly around and remake contact with the pole when disconnecting the other positive pole.

• Thanks 1

The Varta Battery was my second choice bit in the end I used Yuasa YBX5202 45Ah 440 amps.

Twin lid or rollover proof lid.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Battery update re vent holes as you can see one is open and the other side is pluged

its easy to knock out the vent tube if the Battery is removed but you only have to push it back into place it has a elbow fitted to the tubing.

IMG_0585.thumb.JPG.1c82e6531e95272b36ae174f9dde8734.JPGIMG_0586.thumb.JPG.10b022f94fa0b21bf6841045fdcd5caf.JPG

I only need to charge the Battery once a month now thats the one in the car.

12 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

...I only need to charge the battery once a month now thats the one in the car...

Derek, do you have any new graphs from BM?
could you post them?
long parking of the vehicle

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links