Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got a MY23 Any Questions ?

Devon Aygo

The ACC can pick up the current speed in 1mph increments but it then changes by 5mph using + or - buttons.

1 hour ago, Donky said:

I found Adaptive cruise control will increase in 5mph increments by pressing and holding the + button.

Yes that’s correct if you hold it moves in 5mph increments but new this year is single press moves in 1 mph increments. 

• Like 1

Anyone had panels out of alignment? This is rear bumper, seems a bit proud to me

IMG_1319.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2023 at 10:55 AM, simond64 said:

Anyone had panels out of alignment? This is rear bumper, seems a bit proud to me

IMG_1319.jpeg

That's unexceptable. Take it to your dealer under warranty. Should be a quick fix with some packing put behind the bumper. Never seen a panal that far out from Toyota. How did that pass quality control?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 10:55 AM, simond64 said:

IMG_1319.jpeg

That is big one … here is what I have found today , rear bumper chrome , both sides is with gaps 🤷‍♂️

IMG_4219.jpeg

• Sad 2

Oops, that’s not right but also a very normal occurrence. High volume high speed production takes its toll. Not only Toyota but all manufacturers in the recent years. Bumper may need removing first and then proper install while these design ornaments might just be pushed in, you will need to assess beforehand pushing just to be on the safe side and not breaking them. If unsure ask dealer as if they break they will pay for it. Usually dealer should check these on before delivery/ collection. 

• Like 1

My23 , 2.0L engine - at low speeds if the ice kicks in , next to the ‘scooter’ engine sound there is a sound similar to a coffee grinder 🤷‍♂️ but not always and I am yet to figure it out what is the pattern … and it seems like the sound comes through the air vents 🤷‍♂️ 

Did anybody notice anything similar ?

5 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

My23 , 2.0L engine - at low speeds if the ice kicks in , next to the ‘scooter’ engine sound there is a sound similar to a coffee grinder 🤷‍♂️ but not always and I am yet to figure it out what is the pattern … and it seems like the sound comes through the air vents 🤷‍♂️ 

If it's first fire up of the day, it's probably tappet rattle until the oil gets up to pressure.

On 7/4/2023 at 8:19 PM, RabButler said:

If it's first fire up of the day, it's probably tappet rattle until the oil gets up to pressure.

Unfortunately not - it happens even after the car was driven for more than an hour … it is not all the time , but when it happens it is in town , slow speeds but yet the ice kicks in you can hear it in addition to the engine noise …. 

Sounds like something is loose, possibly making contact with the fan?

A good look under the bonnet would be my first thought.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:38 PM, DC_Ms said:

Isn’t this just the ICE spinning part of the planetary gear set to generate electricity? Have a look at the energy monitor next time you hear the noise, I’m sure it’s charging. If the ICE starts when slowing or stopped it’s usually to charge the hybrid battery 

• Like 2

Nothing of the above guys - next , a visit to the dealer 

24 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

Nothing of the above guys - next , a visit to the dealer 

Can you record the sound and share with us?
Toyota hybrids are full of typical for them noises that many find strange especially if it’s the first hybrid they have.
What Graeme says it’s very true and dictates the noises from the overall work of the ice. Let say it depends of Battery state of charge, how and where you have parked, incline forward or backward, driving conditions etc.  An example: 
If you drive in traffic very slow, the Battery is low and engine kicked in to recharge it. In these conditions you may hear various vibrations and low frequency  noises together with rough rpm from the engine and these to disappear immediately after you press accelerator slightly to move the car faster rpm rises and frequency changes, vibrations and noises completely disappear, release accelerator and they will return back again.  
Most of the strange behaviour on these cars is typical and there is nothing to worry about unless it is really obvious. The bumper gaps, the broken exhaust hangers, the rust on hinges on previous models, lack of bonnet insulation, these are the issues with Corolla. 👍

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Can you record the sound and share with us?
Toyota hybrids are full of typical for them noises that many find strange especially if it’s the first hybrid they have.
What Graeme says it’s very true and dictates the noises from the overall work of the ice. Let say it depends of battery state of charge, how and where you have parked, incline forward or backward, driving conditions etc.  An example: 
If you drive in traffic very slow, the battery is low and engine kicked in to recharge it. In these conditions you may hear various vibrations and low frequency  noises together with rough rpm from the engine and these to disappear immediately after you press accelerator slightly to move the car faster rpm rises and frequency changes, vibrations and noises completely disappear, release accelerator and they will return back again.  
Most of the strange behaviour on these cars is typical and there is nothing to worry about unless it is really obvious. The bumper gaps, the broken exhaust hangers, the rust on hinges on previous models, lack of bonnet insulation, these are the issues with Corolla. 👍

You just described it perfectly , it usually happens in very slow town driving , and when the Battery is low.

funny, because I have never experienced this extra sound on my previous Auris

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

You just described it perfectly , it usually happens in very slow town driving , and when the battery is low.

funny, because I have never experienced this extra sound on my previous Auris

Auris hybrid? 
Perhaps you haven’t paid attention to the Auris before as it was an older car.
Actually all Toyota hybrids are exactly the same, same noise, same behaviour, same way of driving. Only different are Tundra and Crown in USA, they actually have nothing in common with ours here except the hybrid Badge
I have covered many miles in Toyota hybrids, over 300k from which 203k are done on my current Auris and even so it still surprises me every day. 
Yesterday I was parked oddly in tiny uneven space with car pushing backwards in P. I waited for around 5-10min with ac working and the engine kicked in few times to recharge the hybrid Battery and each time was with loud bang and very rough work afterwards. I didn’t like it and I did the following: put the car into D, moved slightly forward, handbrake on and then in P, the next start of the ice was quite and recharged the Battery quietly. 👌

• Like 1

So @TonyHSD if various vibrations and low frequency  noises are present as you’ve very well described it …. slow traffic low Battery , slow throttle input they appear , you push harder they disappear …. As you release they come back again for a second or two until the ice stops …. you saying is just something to get used to and nothing to worry ? As they are not constant or continuous noises …

45 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

So @TonyHSD if various vibrations and low frequency  noises are present as you’ve very well described it …. slow traffic low battery , slow throttle input they appear , you push harder they disappear …. As you release they come back again for a second or two until the ice stops …. you saying is just something to get used to and nothing to worry ? As they are not constant or continuous noises …

Well, it depends how bad they are. Usually if only noted is normal yes and it’s because the engine gets heavily loaded with recharging the Battery 30-40bhp for example but  when you push to propel the car the mg2 drives the car in conjunction with ice while the mg1 release this heavy load for the moment then load again to continue charging.
This is the reason why we do get these strange vibrations. However if you have something unattached, broken or anything similar that will vibrate too and cause unpleasant sounds and rattling then it’s another thing and you can see the dealer to inspect the car, or check for lose items items in  the interior, glovebox, door pockets etc. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone managed to update the map on a 2023 Corolla? The online instructions don't seem to refer to my Icon. What's 'Toyota online services'? I do not have it. All attempts to update the map result in me being told to contact the dealer. It's almost as if some part of the initial registration has failed. No matter how strong my WiFi signal, the web browser will not let me log onto my Toyota account.

28 minutes ago, RabButler said:

Has anyone managed to update the map on a 2023 Corolla? The online instructions don't seem to refer to my Icon. What's 'Toyota online services'? I do not have it. All attempts to update the map result in me being told to contact the dealer. It's almost as if some part of the initial registration has failed. No matter how strong my WiFi signal, the web browser will not let me log onto my Toyota account.

I was at the dealers on Friday and they said there are no updates available at the moment.

3 hours ago, Donky said:

I was at the dealers on Friday and they said there are no updates available at the moment.

There are no software updates, but the map on my car is February 2022. There should have been two since then.

My car is factory fresh at 3 weeks from build date and also shows map update of February 2022. So i guess there is no over the air update at the moment. Does seem a long gap for a new update. When trying to update the map it just says 'contact your dealer'. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, bigblock said:

My car is factory fresh at 3 weeks from build date and also shows map update of February 2022. So i guess there is no over the air update at the moment. Does seem a long gap for a new update. When trying to update the map it just says 'contact your dealer'. Time will tell.

I'm taking mine to the dealer on Friday. We'll see what they have to say.

On a different note, has anyone noticed a mechanical sound coming from where the phone pad it. It's like one of those old car CD players changing to a different disc.

2 hours ago, Kovitch said:

On a different note, has anyone noticed a mechanical sound coming from where the phone pad it. It's like one of those old car CD players changing to a different disc.

Looking in the manual it mentions the charging coils moving when you put a phone on there.

Could this be what you're hearing?

9 minutes ago, Don Mac said:

Looking in the manual it mentions the charging coils moving when you put a phone on there.

Could this be what you're hearing?

That's possible yes! Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links