Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got a MY23 Any Questions ?

Devon Aygo

After nearly a year without a Corolla I now have a MY23 2.0 Excel TS if you have any questions please ask away.

• Like 5

Did you order a 2022 MY and get converted, or did you order MY 2023? Any changes to spec vs. what you ordered?

• Like 1

I’m waiting for the exact same model so appreciate answers to a few questions, thanks

Where is the 12v Battery located?

What can you control with the app?

What can you control with voice commands?

What new features are in safety sense 3.0 over 2.0?

Is there space in the boot well for an 18 inch space saver wheel?

Is the HUD the same as in the my22 GR Sport?

What mpg are you getting?

Have you tried the adaptive high beam feature and does it work as expected or just a gimmick?

How are you finding the 12.3 inch Combi meter?

Is the ambient lighting also in all doors and if so what colour is it, I know it’s white in centre cup holders and phone charging pad

• Like 2

How is the stock audio system (has acceptable clarity/volume) compared to the previous one ? Is the same ? This was improved as well ? I’ve had JBL on my initial order , which we all know now it is not available anymore in the UK 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Are there courtesy lights in the footwells?

Are there puddle lights on the door mirrors or front doors?

Can the door mirrors be set to angle down automatically when you reverse?

Can the doors be set to lock automatically when you pull away?

Thanks for sticking your head up here, I've already ordered one but the dealer reckons they won't have an MY23 demonstrator for me to look at until April. 😞

• Like 1

I will highly appreciate some pictures from interior and exterior from first hand on top model that you have. It seems almost impossible to find any exact information how these cars look, it’s either eu or us specs and nothing real from UK. Actually, any owner of the latest ones can share some pics, will be very valuable to all. 
Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

After nearly a year without a Corolla I now have a MY23 2.0 Excel TS if you have any questions please ask away.

What is the cabin noise like both around town and at speed?

What are the headlights like they appear to be just LED as opposed to the previous version which was dual beam protectors?

Many Thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I will highly appreciate some pictures from interior and exterior from first hand on top model that you have. It seems almost impossible to find any exact information how these cars look, it’s either eu or us specs and nothing real from UK. Actually, any owner of the latest ones can share some pics, will be very valuable to all. 
Thank you. 

Toyota have put some up here

https://media.toyota.co.uk/images/corolla-touring-sports-excel-interior-2023-current/

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page https://media.toyota.co.uk/images/model/corolla-2019-current/  and click on "View All" on the "Related Galleries" you'll find some exterior shots of the TS Excel and similar exterior/interior shots of a HB Design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Did you order a 2022 MY and get converted, or did you order MY 2023? Any changes to spec vs. what you ordered?

I work at a Toyota dealer and ordered a Corolla TS 2.0 Excel as my company car however Toyota suspended all dealer orders except Demonstrator and showroom cars to ensure as many cars reached customers.

Changes? I wanted JBL but obviously can't have that otherwise the upgrades are :

• 12.3" Digital combi meter ( Instrument cluster )
  • Heads up display
  • Blind spot monitor & rear cross traffic alert
  • Adaptive head lights
  • MM21 T2 Smart connect navigation with 10.5" screen with Over the air updates
  • Wireless phone charger
  • TSS3
  • Upgraded remote MYT services including Climate control, lock/unlock. Hazard light control & over the air updates
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One for more of a long term test, but I'd be interested to know if the auto high beam assist works more reliably.

12 hours ago, simond64 said:

I’m waiting for the exact same model so appreciate answers to a few questions, thanks

Where is the 12v battery located?

What can you control with the app?

What can you control with voice commands?

Is there space in the boot well for an 18 inch space saver wheel?

Is the HUD the same as in the my22 GR Sport?

What mpg are you getting?

Have you tried the adaptive high beam feature and does it work as expected or just a gimmick?

How are you finding the 12.3 inch Combi meter?

Is the ambient lighting also in all doors and if so what colour is it, I know it’s white in centre cup holders and phone charging pad

Where is the 12v Battery located? Same setup as Previous models 1.8 in engine bay, 2.0 RHS of boot

What can you control with the app? Climate control, lock/unlock. Hazard light

What can you control with voice commands? Destination, navigation functions, Audio functions, Phone funtions, Weather information, climate control, Windows, Wipers & washers

image.thumb.png.030d61f61cfe7b91d0beccc9074fac62.png

Is there space in the boot well for an 18 inch space saver wheel? There isn't an 18" spare, there is a 17" which suits all models, see attachment

Is the HUD the same as in the my22 GR Sport? Set up looks similar however graphics seem sharper and there is more function and options

What mpg are you getting? Only done miles of mixed driving currently getting 54mpg

Have you tried the adaptive high beam feature and does it work as expected or just a gimmick? Yes the function has changed AHB is on as soon as the AHB button is pressed no need to move the headlight stalk. so far it seems very good it activates and adapts well and so far no one has flashed me

How are you finding the 12.3 inch Combi meter? Really like it. it seems very clear and well set up with plenty of customisation

Is the ambient lighting also in all doors and if so what colour is it, I know it’s white in centre cup holders and phone charging pad Definitely in the front doors noy checked the rears and its white 

There are lots of changes small & large & I am still finding new things

Corolla_2019_Spare_Wheel_Kit.pdf

• Like 5

12 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

How is the stock audio system (has acceptable clarity/volume) compared to the previous one ? Is the same ? This was improved as well ? I’ve had JBL on my initial order , which we all know now it is not available anymore in the UK 🤷‍♂️

Hard one I've just cone from a CHR with JBL which also has a Sub, the Corolla seems no different to other Corolla without JBL 

• Thanks 2

On 2/26/2023 at 9:03 AM, Don Mac said:

Are there courtesy lights in the footwells?

Are there puddle lights on the door mirrors or front doors?

Can the door mirrors be set to angle down automatically when you reverse?

Can the doors be set to lock automatically when you pull away?

Thanks for sticking your head up here, I've already ordered one but the dealer reckons they won't have an MY23 demonstrator for me to look at until April. 😞

Are there courtesy lights in the footwells? No

Are there puddle lights on the door mirrors or front doors? No

Can the door mirrors be set to angle down automatically when you reverse? Not that I have found

Can the doors be set to lock automatically when you pull away? No

According to Toyota all dealers have now received a GR Sport 1.8 HB Demonstrator and a Excel 2.0 TS for showroom with a further demo due by early March

• Like 3

Interesting thanks for reply, with reference to the spare, my dealer will let me keep the 18 inch space saver in 22 gr sport so was wondering if it’ll fit in the boot well in the 23 2.0 Excel ts

On 2/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, Davidz said:

What is the cabin noise like both around town and at speed?

What are the headlights like they appear to be just LED as opposed to the previous version which was dual beam protectors?

Many Thanks 

What is the cabin noise like both around town and at speed? Quieter and smoother than a Previous 2.0 GR sport TS  

What are the headlights like they appear to be just LED as opposed to the previous version which was dual beam protectors? a Big improvement, All Corolla had/have LED headlamps but of differing application:

2019-2023

Icon, Icon Tech, Design & GR Sport all used the base headlamp (called triple beam) set up where like older Halogen type headlamps there is a bulb (in this case 3 of them) backed by a reflector to shape the beam

image.thumb.png.ca8f1568de3b6d58eeb2352f9922d82d.pngbase

Excel used a more advanced setup (called bi-beam) here there is one bulb backed by a reflector and another fronted by a parabolic lens

image.thumb.png.d14274dfe84589ed08deabcf276ac09a.pngmid

There was also a higher grade adaptive headlamp ( not offered in the UK ) with a moveable lens and fixed parabolic lens

image.thumb.png.b37b10b3d65653b84ab3adee36687d63.pnghigh

2023 on

Icon still uses the base triple beam setup

image.thumb.png.e41847e34af497b995e0e8e3965c232a.png

Design & GR Sport now use a new design of the bi-beam mid setup

image.thumb.png.c7c2a028e1007d77f6fcf1fc6074f4b9.png

Excel now uses a new design of the bi-beam high setup adaptive high headlight system.

image.thumb.png.da240508ad146e07bf8cacd0175fa092.png

I will try to add photos as the models pass through the dealer 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newda898 said:

One for more of a long term test, but I'd be interested to know if the auto high beam assist works more reliably.

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

Interesting thanks for reply, with reference to the spare, my dealer will let me keep the 18 inch space saver in 22 gr sport so was wondering if it’ll fit in the boot well in the 23 2.0 Excel ts

So far as I can see there is no difference in the boot between earlier and MY23 models.

• Like 1

@Devon Aygo thanks for taking the time to give us all this valuable information. Hope the dealership where u work appreciates u , as I can imagine you r the same @ work too knowledgable and helpful! 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

What can you control with the app? Climate control, lock/unlock. Hazard light 

Quick question about the MyT app. I have the Excel TS 2.0 MY23, but cannot see any climate control, lock/unlock or hazard lights in the !Removed! app.

Do I need to remove and install it again?

This is all I can see:

D7693532-314F-454E-AD3E-0253F512E2CD.thumb.jpeg.38ac84fc3680e8976185947734265883.jpeg

It feels like it only allows me to see the status of things. 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, Kovitch said:

Quick question about the MyT app. I have the Excel TS 2.0 MY23, but cannot see any climate control, lock/unlock or hazard lights in the !Removed! app.

Do I need to remove and install it again?

This is all I can see:

D7693532-314F-454E-AD3E-0253F512E2CD.thumb.jpeg.38ac84fc3680e8976185947734265883.jpeg

It feels like it only allows me to see the status of things. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I had the same problem.

I can now set the climate control.  

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Is there space in the boot well for an 18 inch space saver wheel? There isn't an 18" spare, there is a 17" which suits all models, see attachment

Corolla_2019_Spare_Wheel_Kit.pdf 727.21 kB · 11 downloads

I understand that the Toyota parts are rather pricey (there was mention somewhere of about £1000 for the full kit).

If you're after a spare I found a couple of cheaper options. Both include a jack & wheelbrace, the road hero comes with a full set of accessories (gloves, kneeling pad, high vis jacket, triangle etc.)

https://www.carnoisseur.com/products/details/road-hero-spare-wheel-kit-to-fit-toyota-corolla-rh092

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product/toyota-corolla-2019-present-day-17-space-saver-spare-wheel-and-tool-kit/

• Like 2

I'm finding that a few things don't operate in quite the way that the manual (dated 2021) suggests.  So far:

• A couple of the steering wheel buttons are in a different place (turn cruise on/off and select cruise mode have been reversed.  The new way seems more logical)
  • The auto high beam seems to just work - no need to push the stalk away from the driver
  • The option to alter the cruise control to a new speed after passing a new speed limit sign seems not to work

I guess just evolution in the traditional Toyota way.

I'm back to Toyota from Honda - so can't comment on how the MY23 compares with MY22.

1 hour ago, marlot said:

This seems rather cheaper and is the genuine part https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223681652117

Good spot for anyone who already has the jack etc.

I presume that the well for the spare is deep enough to take the wheel without it protruding above the rest of the boot floor? Do you know if the thread for a retaining spindle is still there (under the carpet)?

I still can't decide if I feel lucky enough to do without a spare...

• Like 1

The thread is there.  I have the spindle/knob from my old honda, which goes in fine.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, marlot said:

I had the same problem.

I can now set the climate control.  

After a few attempts to deactivate and a few more atempts to re-activate I have the climate control working. Cheers @marlot!

I'm just a bit annoyed that it took a considerable amount of time to do a simple task. 😕

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links