Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2023 v1 Map Update Available

Rigsby

This is the "purchases" page

chrome_screenshot_17Apr202415_55_56BST.thumb.png.12448637b33abe5695833beab004ee95.png

3 minutes ago, PigletJohn said:

This is the "purchases" page

chrome_screenshot_17Apr202415_55_56BST.thumb.png.12448637b33abe5695833beab004ee95.png

OK, so click on the down arrow circled (or indeed anywhere on the Map Update Spring 2024 line):

image.thumb.png.906d8cf0f06bd3231541e3e6ebf90d2e.png

Well fancy that!  Thanks.

But as I have already downloaded and installed all of those off WiFi, I still don't know what more I should do for a "full map update"

Which the car still says it wants

20240417_133954.thumb.jpg.b2213f392543ebfc932ccb00924d373f.jpg

So far as I can see, Toyota UK do not have a customer service help line.

The screen says that the OTA updates that you downloaded failed to install because the existing map is too old. Those downloaded map files will have been discarded now.
You will need to download the full map update to a USB stick and install manually. Note the gotcha with this release mentioned earlier in the thread.

1 minute ago, Strangely Brown said:

You will need to download the full map update to a USB stick 

But how do I get it?

You click the download button that is revealed when you expand the purchased item by clicking the little down arrow.

That should reveal three button and more info about the update, including your activation code.

9 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

You click the download button that is revealed when you expand the purchased item by clicking the little down arrow.

That should reveal three button and more info about the update, including your activation code.

So will I get a full update if I copy them all onto a memory stick?

Why will they be successful from the stick and unsuccessful from wifi?

Yes. Download the zip file and unpack it onto a USB stick of at least 16GB. Make sure you note the gotcha mentioned above.

If the zip file is downloaded sucessfully, unpacked correctly and the structure correct on the USB stick then you just plug it into the car. The car must be in READY mode while it validates the files and the activation code.

If all is OK the database update will begin and you will be told that you can interrupt the process and resume later.

You should allow a couple of hours from start to finish from inserting the USB to completion.

But why would it work off a stick but not off the download? 

Over the air = UK only (partial maps)

USB = Europe (full Maps)

It takes around 80mins for the USB the last time I did the update. I guess it would be considerable longer via an over the air download and instal. Whatever, it's the way that Toyota play the game....

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

Over the air = UK only (partial maps)

USB = Europe (full Maps)

It takes around 80mins for the USB the last time I did the update. I guess it would be considerable longer via an over the air download and instal. Whatever, it's the way that Toyota play the game....

Thanks

Very strange.

I get just over 100Mbps wifi in the car outside my house

I have got myself a double ended memory stick.

What is this "gotcha?"  Which post is it in?

On 3/27/2024 at 6:42 PM, Paul john said:

Yes

The Spring 2024 file update is about 13GB

The file size limit for FAT32 is 4GB

Therefore the file will not download onto a FAT32 drive.

The file are broken down into a number of sub files which sit under the FMU folder each less than the 4 Gb limit, so no issues. It downloads onto your computer as a zip file (big) but unzips to separate files, put the iso 1 to 5 and checksum into a USB drive (FAT32) under a folder FMU.Screenshot2024-04-19at07_08_30.thumb.png.972713b1320367b0223d9be7ad1688b5.png

Thanks.  I foolishly read the button saying download to USB, and thought it meant I should download to USB.  I won't make that mistake again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links