Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris XP210 questions

Mushu84

So updates

Friday at my local tyre shop 

I did the wheel balance and out of 4 wheels, 3 were unbalanced. So Toyota Boston lied when they told me it was checked.

The guys tried to do the wheel alignment that was out also, they tried twice, is not pulling anymore left or right is actually great and no more vibration the is not normal but the stearing wheel is a little crocked to the left even after making sure if 100% straight. Not sure what and how we manage to do that twice in a raw.

I will try to come back Monday to try and fix it again, hopefully it will be solved.

Any ideas why ?

• Like 4

Hi, good you have checked and re balance the tyres. Wheel alignment is very tricky situation. Naturally all cars and all Toyota’s will pull slightly towards the kerb because of the road camber. The wider the tyres are the more pronounced is this event.
 If your steering wheel is perfectly straight on the garage equipment and your all wheels alignment is correct when driving straight you will always slightly keep your steering wheel loaded to the right side to compensate this road camber.  Anything too excessive or steering wheel been too much off set means the mechanic needs to adjust again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad you've (mostly) got it fixed - Just shows you can't always believe what people tell you :sad: 

I highly doubt this is the problem with yours, but there was an instance where someone was having steering issues, and it turned out someone had done the wheel alignment without the steering wheel being straight, but instead of fixing this they just unbolted the steering wheel and put it on straight, so the steering rack wasn't centred which caused all the weird behaviour

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I’m thinking to adjust it with Toyota, but is £110!! 😩 it drives straight just the steering is a little tilted to the left💁 not sure how as we put the steering wheel twice straight as an arrow and lock it in place, the second time I did that, making sure is 100% straight. Is any special way to set it up when doing the wheel adjustment? Or is it done by computer?

If anyone done wheel alignment and it was ok at any other place then Toyota let me know where so maybe I can go there.

I just come from a 200 miles drive, a lot better experience now and enjoying the car more and more. 71 mpg after 200 miles is not bad at all. Comfortable all the way over potholes. 
The radar cruise control is amazing and makes the drives more bearable and relaxed, not so sure about the lane keep assist.

• Like 5

You can try https://www.protyre.co.uk/garages?_its=JTdCJTIydmlkJTIyJTNBJTIyZjRmODM4ZTItMjAwZi00Mzg0LWFhYTUtM2M1YTg3ODM2MTg4JTIyJTJDJTIyc3RhdGUlMjIlM0ElMjJybHR%2BMTY5MTk0NzQwM35sYW5kfjJfMTk0ODRfZGlyZWN0XzIxMmNhNjFlYTlkZTM3MDNkODFjNmU4YzQ1MGNhNWM3JTIyJTdE

i use these  guys in my town as friend of mine was working there and they are good ones with a good equipment. They also let me centre the wheel before they locked it with a tool. If the mechanic moves the wheel a bit when locking into place then the wheel will be off centre. The wheel position can also get off by adjusting the tie rods. Setting up the car and the equipment prior to the alignment itself are most important things. I am very pic on that matter and if me I will keep returning to them until is perfectly straight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having read what happened with the service manager saying it's all balanced and alignment checked, i would write him/her and email of complaint of being lied to, and ask for reimbursement of money spent, cc Toyota GB in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mushu84 said:

To be honest I’m thinking to adjust it with Toyota, but is £110!! 😩 it drives straight just the steering is a little tilted to the left💁 not sure how as we put the steering wheel twice straight as an arrow and lock it in place, the second time I did that, making sure is 100% straight. Is any special way to set it up when doing the wheel adjustment? Or is it done by computer?

If anyone done wheel alignment and it was ok at any other place then Toyota let me know where so maybe I can go there.

I just come from a 200 miles drive, a lot better experience now and enjoying the car more and more. 71 mpg after 200 miles is not bad at all. Comfortable all the way over potholes. 
The radar cruise control is amazing and makes the drives more bearable and relaxed, not so sure about the lane keep assist.

This is part of the problem - The car is so enjoyable you don't want to have to deal with any of the **** from the dealer and just leave it in the past! :laugh: 

I still enjoy mine immensely and the novelty of it hasn't worn off yet - It makes me especially grateful compared to my previous car, which was such an epic train wreck that even the thought of not having it any more also gives me joy :laugh: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Having read what happened with the service manager saying it's all balanced and alignment checked, i would write him/her and email of complaint of being lied to, and ask for reimbursement of money spent, cc Toyota GB in. 

I already did that, I'm awaiting an answer, but I'm pretty sure is going to be vague and not fixing my issue anyway

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

This is part of the problem - The car is so enjoyable you don't want to have to deal with any of the **** from the dealer and just leave it in the past! :laugh: 

I still enjoy mine immensely and the novelty of it hasn't worn off yet - It makes me especially grateful compared to my previous car, which was such an epic train wreck that even the thought of not having it any more also gives me joy :laugh: 

TBH I'm tired to debate with them, it started with buying the car and ended up with me getting a big discount due to their mistakes (wrong specs on the advert). I do love the car and I understand what you are saying in regard or their **** services. I will service the car In Cambridge so let's see how that is going...

14 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You can try https://www.protyre.co.uk/garages?_its=JTdCJTIydmlkJTIyJTNBJTIyZjRmODM4ZTItMjAwZi00Mzg0LWFhYTUtM2M1YTg3ODM2MTg4JTIyJTJDJTIyc3RhdGUlMjIlM0ElMjJybHR%2BMTY5MTk0NzQwM35sYW5kfjJfMTk0ODRfZGlyZWN0XzIxMmNhNjFlYTlkZTM3MDNkODFjNmU4YzQ1MGNhNWM3JTIyJTdE

i use these  guys in my town as friend of mine was working there and they are good ones with a good equipment. They also let me centre the wheel before they locked it with a tool. If the mechanic moves the wheel a bit when locking into place then the wheel will be off centre. The wheel position can also get off by adjusting the tie rods. Setting up the car and the equipment prior to the alignment itself are most important things. I am very pic on that matter and if me I will keep returning to them until is perfectly straight. 

Thanks for this Tony 

But already booked with Toyota as I have a recall for a module apparently so I will do the wheel alignment with Toyota Cambridge and they will also provide a spare car for free.

• Like 3

LOL

The answer to my email is :

"Thank you for your email it was great to hear from you. I have passed on the details to my Sales Manager and he will give you a call in the when he is free today to discuss the issue."

Let see what they will think they should do....

• Haha 1

So they called me: 

The only solution given is for them to pick up the car for 2-3 days as I am about 200 miles from the dealership and also they want to book me in in about 2 weeks, not sure I want to do that, so most likely I will go to my local Cambridge dealership and just fix it and be done with it and this will be done this Wednesday 

New question how or do I need to update the satnav? As online I can't find how and the update software button is not working?

IMG_0143.thumb.jpg.5efd3ffdb12e19c6587f41f5affd97da.jpgIMG_0144.thumb.jpg.4facd6d8105162649dff342eba6f585a.jpg

Alas that I can't help with - Mine didn't come with Satnav!! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Sorry I think I mislead you 

I don't have Navigation is just normal Display screen 

Do I need to update it ?

New update

Cambridge Toyota messed up my booking due to lack of exchange car and now is moved Monday to Bishop Stratford 

What is going on with this dealerships, 2 days ago everything was ok, next day missing exchange car...

Maybe some of you from the area can recommend the one to do to Cambridge or Bishop?

• Confused 1

Holiday season, lack of staff. The one who remain at work aren’t motivated, low pay, long hours, a lots of stress, managers push them to do wrong things often to protect image of the company and the brand, there are many things why dealers are so bad and always have been. Generally speaking with a very few exceptions dealers are a toxic work environment all around the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mushu84 said:

New update

Cambridge Toyota messed up my booking due to lack of exchange car and now is moved Monday to Bishop Stratford 

What is going on with this dealerships, 2 days ago everything was ok, next day missing exchange car...

Maybe some of you from the area can recommend the one to do to Cambridge or Bishop?

I've been recommended same dealership but St.Ives branch. Recommended by mobile paint fixer after damage in Cambridge dealer car park (common occurrence, I'm told).  Bought my car from Cambridge.  1/10 score.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jthspace said:

I've been recommended same dealership but St.Ives branch. Recommended by mobile paint fixer after damage in Cambridge dealer car park (common occurrence, I'm told).  Bought my car from Cambridge.  1/10 score.

Thanks mate

I will try and amend the booking, let's see what I can do...

To be honest I don't really like Toyota Cambridge due to the sales person being very pushy and demanding...at least that was my experience 

I was hoping that the Bishop one is better............

• Like 2

Quick question 

Are the LED headlights flickering when driving as tonight coming from shopping it seems to me the LED are flickering on the bumper of the guy in front of me?

So... I begin to think my car has some issue,  I just took it at Toyota for recall DCM and as a spare car they gave me a Yaris Hybrid exactly like mine including the color, but in this one I don't feel the jerking like I do in mine. I will test again when I'll have the car back.

Also a different behavior when driving, more on the gas then mine 

Also the Display is more responsive and work better?!?

On 8/17/2023 at 8:54 PM, Mushu84 said:

Quick question 

Are the LED headlights flickering when driving as tonight coming from shopping it seems to me the LED are flickering on the bumper of the guy in front of me?

It has a very sharp cutoff so it may just be the road surface judder causing it to jump up and down?

You can always double-check by parking up somewhere facing a wall or something at night and having a look.

They do appear to flicker at certain camera refresh rates tho', so if you have bionic eyes that may also be the reason :laugh: 

3 hours ago, Mushu84 said:

So... I begin to think my car has some issue,  I just took it at Toyota for recall DCM and as a spare car they gave me a Yaris Hybrid exactly like mine including the color, but in this one I don't feel the jerking like I do in mine. I will test again when I'll have the car back.

Also a different behavior when driving, more on the gas then mine 

Also the Display is more responsive and work better?!?

It's funny as I also found the courtesy car I had while mine was having it's rear repaired significantly smoother and quieter... right up until I refuelled it! :eek: 

It turns out the engine is very sensitive to fuel, and the cheap garbage fuel I normally use caused it to be more like mine :laugh: 

Not sure about the jerking, but also likely a fuel thing...

re. the engine behaviour, check the driving mode, as that's my first thought (Might be in Power instead of Normal/Eco), but the cars can get into this weird state where they run the engine more often if they're only used in traffic/sat idle and the engine never gets hot. There's a thread about it somewhere. I had these symptoms in winter with mine, when I stopped going on the motorway due to a big crack in my windscreen. The current theory is it's the engine trying to regen the particulate filter, as a few people have been able to get it to 'go back to normal' by letting the car slow down in B-mode a few times when the engine's at running temp  (This uses the engine to help braking, and it pumps oxygen-rich air through the exhaust while doing so).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It has a very sharp cutoff so it may just be the road surface judder causing it to jump up and down?

You can always double-check by parking up somewhere facing a wall or something at night and having a look.

They do appear to flicker at certain camera refresh rates tho', so if you have bionic eyes that may also be the reason :laugh: 

It's funny as I also found the courtesy car I had while mine was having it's rear repaired significantly smoother and quieter... right up until I refuelled it! :eek: 

It turns out the engine is very sensitive to fuel, and the cheap garbage fuel I normally use caused it to be more like mine :laugh: 

Not sure about the jerking, but also likely a fuel thing...

re. the engine behaviour, check the driving mode, as that's my first thought (Might be in Power instead of Normal/Eco), but the cars can get into this weird state where they run the engine more often if they're only used in traffic/sat idle and the engine never gets hot. There's a thread about it somewhere. I had these symptoms in winter with mine, when I stopped going on the motorway due to a big crack in my windscreen. The current theory is it's the engine trying to regen the particulate filter, as a few people have been able to get it to 'go back to normal' by letting the car slow down in B-mode a few times when the engine's at running temp  (This uses the engine to help braking, and it pumps oxygen-rich air through the exhaust while doing so).

LOL

Bionic eyes :))). I came here to save your ***** 😛 , JOKING! 

Is probably my English that is not helping, I was driving behind someone coming back home and  I could see in his back bumper my lights going up and down as they were not very well attached to the car if this makes more sense 

In regards of the engine I'm talking about the connection and disconnection of the engine while moving, in my car I can feel it when is happens in the one I have now I can't. I will pay attention today when driving back to them to see if I can feel it like in mine. 

I've have always use premium fuel, maybe I should switch to cheap one as I don't think they use the better one in the spare car I have, yet like you I feel that is more quiet. I have a feeling is something wrong with us not the cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, 

the theory about the regeneration of gpf is simply a myth and doesn’t make any sense to me. My car does that engine running after 200 miles motorway run. It’s all about temperature control and lubrication in the hybrid system. 
The lights could be faulty indeed, first to check if the car had any accidents and how securely the lights are fitted, secondly as suggested stop at night against a wall and see what happens, it could be a fault with the levelling itself. 
The cars can behave slightly different from one another as throttle response, engine noise etc. Petrol can play a role but also can happen without any obvious reasons. Don’t switch to cheap fuels, they are horrible especially those E10 . At least you can use Tesco e5 99. 
The e5 99 helps exactly with that , smooth transition between petrol and electric, less noise and vibrations, faster throttle response and quick acceleration. 👍

I don't think it's as simple as E5 vs E10 with the Mk4's engine; I've tried a few E5s that were not noticeably better than my Sainsburys baseline, but Esso's E5 and E10 both seem weirdly smoother (More so the E5 admittedly!) than e.g. Shell's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I don't think it's as simple as E5 vs E10 with the Mk4's engine; I've tried a few E5s that were not noticeably better than my Sainsburys baseline, but Esso's E5 and E10 both seem weirdly smoother (More so the E5 admittedly!) than e.g. Shell's.

Interestingly, in most parts of the country, Esso have stated that even though E5 and E10 are maximum percentage of ethanol, in practice it's zero in their Synergy Supreme 99. My MX5 loves Esso Synergy Supreme. 

For the Tesco fans - Ethanol test.

https://youtu.be/haCaEExGQUw

As an aside, only Esso state their 99+ has zero Ethanol, the rest don't, Tesco,Shell,Texaco et all.

https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels

What’s in our Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol?
Our Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol has more cleaning power than our regular petrol – and includes molecules engineered to reduce friction in your engine and help moving parts work more efficiently.*
Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is ethanol-free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol.
There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol. However, if this changes in the future, we will comply with any new legislation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jthspace said:

Interestingly, in most parts of the country, Esso have stated that even though E5 and E10 are maximum percentage of ethanol, in practice it's zero in their Synergy Supreme 99. My MX5 loves Esso Synergy Supreme. 

For the Tesco fans - Ethanol test.

https://youtu.be/haCaEExGQUw

As an aside, only Esso state their 99+ has zero Ethanol, the rest don't, Tesco,Shell,Texaco et all.

https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels

What’s in our Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol?
Our Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol has more cleaning power than our regular petrol – and includes molecules engineered to reduce friction in your engine and help moving parts work more efficiently.*
Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is ethanol-free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol.
There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol. However, if this changes in the future, we will comply with any new legislation.

I will try that!

Yeah, I suspected that might be why too. Annoyingly though, that may not be the case from September, as apparently they will be falling in to line with the other retailers with ethanol in their fuel.

It sucks as I know quite a few classic car owners were using Esso E5 specifically because it had no ethanol in it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links