Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris XP210 questions

Mushu84

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I suspected that might be why too. Annoyingly though, that may not be the case from September, as apparently they will be falling in to line with the other retailers with ethanol in their fuel.

It sucks as I know quite a few classic car owners were using Esso E5 specifically because it had no ethanol in it.

Yep, my 1993 Eunos runs on it (wonderfully)

IMG_1543.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I suspected that might be why too. Annoyingly though, that may not be the case from September, as apparently they will be falling in to line with the other retailers with ethanol in their fuel.

It sucks as I know quite a few classic car owners were using Esso E5 specifically because it had no ethanol in it.

😞 too bad

I will try it before September and see what is what, for now I have Shell 99 and to be honest I don't fell any difference then my JET premium, I still have jolts when switching from EV-petrol and back sometimes...I will try and book with the dealership so they can check it.

I like the car but I'm getting tired of checking stuff on it. I did the wheel alignment yesterday and it was out, now adjusted and it seems ok 

New update: I manage to get to speak with the dealership manager again and to book just a road test with the an engineer to check the car this Friday or next Friday 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jthspace said:

Yep, my 1993 Eunos runs on it (wonderfully)

IMG_1543.jpeg

I love MX5's 🙂 

I wanted to buy one so bad, but my wife will kill me...I think I will risk it someday 😛 

Just come home with it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to Topgear, you just need to put her in it and then do a few handbrake turns and she'll soon be tearing her clothes off and throwing herself at you!

OTOH*, reality says she'd more likely be throwing up and cursing your name so YMMV** on that one... :unsure:

* on the other hand

** your mileage may vary

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The mx5 for me is my unicorn 😞

I need one in my life so bad 

Now, anyway, coming back to my normal life, this Friday I'm booked with Toyota Bishop Stratford engineer to take my car for a drive and tell me if it's just me or the car has some issues, let's see the outcome

One thing I still need to check/fix and I will be done is the headlamps height, I will ask Friday to see what is what 

• Like 3

Update 

So I did the wheel alignment Toyota Bishop and is not quite right the steering wheel is a little tilted to the right now (just a little took me a while to realize), just send an email to the service manager to readjusted on my next visit on 08.09.23 😔

I have a question for everyone 

Is the engine for my car (1.5 hybrid) direct injected or port injected, as I see confusing specs around the internet, if it is direct do they suffer from carbon build? 

30 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

Update 

So I did the wheel alignment Toyota Bishop and is not quite right the steering wheel is a little tilted to the right now (just a little took me a while to realize), just send an email to the service manager to readjusted on my next visit on 08.09.23 😔

I have a question for everyone 

Is the engine for my car (1.5 hybrid) direct injected or port injected, as I see confusing specs around the internet, if it is direct do they suffer from carbon build? 

Hi, 

it’s only a port injection on hybrids 1.5 with this engine and on non hybrid variants direct injection. You have nothing to worry about. 

The bigger 2.0 engine is dual injection, port and direct on both petrol and hybrid variants. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

it’s only a port injection on hybrids 1.5 with this engine and on non hybrid variants direct injection. You have nothing to worry about. 

The bigger 2.0 engine is dual injection, port and direct on both petrol and hybrid variants. 

Thanks Tony! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mushu84 said:

Thanks Tony! 

You are welcome. 

• Like 3

Hey all,

😉 another question please 🙂 

As I am located in UK I don't mind the miles per hour display as it makes more sense when driving then KM, but the mpg is not making sense to me and I wanted to know if there is any possibility to have MPH as speed display and l/km as fuel consumption ?

Friday the 08/09 I hope to be the day I finish with the adjustment of the wheel alignment 

I've also updated the Toyota touch Display to the latest update 1413 so I hope no more issues with Apple Carplay thanks to @flash22

39 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

Hey all,

😉 another question please 🙂 

As I am located in UK I don't mind the miles per hour display as it makes more sense when driving then KM, but the mpg is not making sense to me and I wanted to know if there is any possibility to have MPH as speed display and l/km as fuel consumption ?

Friday the 08/09 I hope to be the day I finish with the adjustment of the wheel alignment 

I've also updated the Toyota touch Display to the latest update 1413 so I hope no more issues with Apple Carplay thanks to @flash22

You can keep in either imperial mph and mpg or metric km/h and l/100km consumption. I am not sure you can keep both operational at the same time. 
I come from the continent too as everyone has already noticed my poor English and what I do to get my fuel consumption calculated correctly and to help myself understand it better  I use this app https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/unit-converter-best-unit-app/id623691968

Fill up full tank and stop at first click. Note the fuel in litres for example 18.77ltrs my last refill and then note the daily trip which was 235 miles, reset the trip. 
Now I multiply the mileage by 1.6 to get km equivalent = 376km total traveled. 
Then I have my fuel quantity 18.77ltr divided by the total traveled km 376 = 0.04992021 now multiply by 100 to move decimal point and I have 4.99ltr/100km metric fuel consumption.
Go to the app and convert to mpg/uk and I have 56.62 mpg uk.
Check with my dashboard which usually are super accurate in my case because I drive long distance/ time. 👍
Sounds a lot of work but actually it isn’t. Easy and correct. 👌

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You can keep in either imperial mph and mpg or metric km/h and l/100km consumption. I am not sure you can keep both operational at the same time. 
I come from the continent too as everyone has already noticed my poor English and what I do to get my fuel consumption calculated correctly and to help myself understand it better  I use this app https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/unit-converter-best-unit-app/id623691968

Fill up full tank and stop at first click. Note the fuel in litres for example 18.77ltrs my last refill and then note the daily trip which was 235 miles, reset the trip. 
Now I multiply the mileage by 1.6 to get km equivalent = 376km total traveled. 
Then I have my fuel quantity 18.77ltr divided by the total traveled km 376 = 0.04992021 now multiply by 100 to move decimal point and I have 4.99ltr/100km metric fuel consumption.
Go to the app and convert to mpg/uk and I have 56.62 mpg uk.
Check with my dashboard which usually are super accurate in my case because I drive long distance/ time. 👍
Sounds a lot of work but actually it isn’t. Easy and correct. 👌

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that 

I do the same math but I was curios as for example with the Mini you can have MPH and consumption in l/100km  

16 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that 

I do the same math but I was curios as for example with the Mini you can have MPH and consumption in l/100km  

In my car not possible, yours are newer models with more extras it might be but,  not sure. 
Let see what others will say. 👍

• Like 2

I hate to keep banging on about it and sounding like some sort of evangelist for the Android App "Hybrid Assistant" but with that, I can do exactly what Mike was asking for by having my main dashboard display set to the normal UK imperial standards and selecting l/100Km (Avg) on the HA display.

Screenshot_20230831-163903.thumb.png.e35fa40d748c6ad98f74e953e234aec9.png

(unfortunately, it will not do instantaneous l/100km while every other setting in HA, is set on imperial measurement - in normal use, I have inst mpg on my HA display and avg mpg on my built-in dashboard)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CPN said:

I hate to keep banging on about it and sounding like some sort of evangelist for the Android App "Hybrid Assistant" but with that, I can do exactly what Mike was asking for by having my main dashboard display set to the normal UK imperial standards and selecting l/100Km (Avg) on the HA display.

Screenshot_20230831-163903.thumb.png.e35fa40d748c6ad98f74e953e234aec9.png

(unfortunately, it will not do instantaneous l/100km while every other setting in HA, is set on imperial measurement - in normal use, I have inst mpg on my HA display and avg mpg on my built-in dashboard)

While I love the idea is not available for IOS 

Thank you for the idea

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mushu84 said:

While I love the idea is not available for IOS 

Thank you for the idea

Yeah, I had to buy a cheap android phone just because  of that reason and to use with other apps for electric scooters. The phone is actually  good as spare one so no regrets so far. 👌

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all

2 updates

So they have to redo the wheel alignment, as it is not perfectly straight, the car goes straight but when on the motor way the steering wheel it is not perfectly straight, but the dealer Bishop's Stortford Toyota  customer service is very disappointing. The service manager is there only by title and even if I had an email confirmation from him that the steering wheel will be adjusted the booking was not made and the girls from the till ignored my complaints totally 

I can't express the disappointment I have in regards of customer service to be honest 

Second I've tried ESSO premium 99 and I was surprised how good it is and how smooth the engine had become now I'm struggling to feel when the switch is made from electric/petrol, highly recommended, thanks for that 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A new photo I took a while ago that I want to share 

a little update 

Bishop's Stortford Toyota  is useless in every aspect I will start looking for a different dealership, the steering wheel is still not straight is like 0.5-1 cm to the right, the car goes straight, is been done 2 times now with 3 bookings as apparently the service manager is useless when I had an email confirmation for one of the bookings, I will not go back, when I will have time I will go to a normal garage as Bishop's Stortford Toyota one is not working for me.

I highly recommend checking everything done by the Toyota service in UK, I never seen so much lack of professionalism as in UK. Very disappointed and looking at the prices you would not think that. 

I don't have the money to own a dealership and show them how is done, but in UK the after sale services are a joke. I really hope they will be taken over or something. 

IMG_0322.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mushu84 said:

A new photo I took a while ago that I want to share 

a little update 

Bishop's Stortford Toyota  is useless in every aspect I will start looking for a different dealership, the steering wheel is still not straight is like 0.5-1 cm to the right, the car goes straight, is been done 2 times now with 3 bookings as apparently the service manager is useless when I had an email confirmation for one of the bookings, I will not go back, when I will have time I will go to a normal garage as Bishop's Stortford Toyota one is not working for me.

I highly recommend checking everything done by the Toyota service in UK, I never seen so much lack of professionalism as in UK. Very disappointed and looking at the prices you would not think that. 

I don't have the money to own a dealership and show them how is done, but in UK the after sale services are a joke. I really hope they will be taken over or something. 

IMG_0322.jpg

Find a protyre garage near you. Give them a call and explain the situation with alignment and off set steering. Ask if they can help you and promise you to make sure the steering Shell will be perfectly centred. This is what I have done , they even invited me to set my steering straight before they locked in place and lift up the car to adjust. The deal was if not happy I can return for free adjustment again. 
I had friend of mine working within the chain and he was taking care of my cars , now I don’t know anyone there but they still does the job ok . 
Usually many cars including some Toyota has a slight pull to the left and this is because of the road camber. In eu countries they pull to the right. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 4:54 PM, TonyHSD said:

Find a protyre garage near you. Give them a call and explain the situation with alignment and off set steering. Ask if they can help you and promise you to make sure the steering shell will be perfectly centred. This is what I have done , they even invited me to set my steering straight before they locked in place and lift up the car to adjust. The deal was if not happy I can return for free adjustment again. 
I had friend of mine working within the chain and he was taking care of my cars , now I don’t know anyone there but they still does the job ok . 
Usually many cars including some Toyota has a slight pull to the left and this is because of the road camber. In eu countries they pull to the right. 

Thanks Tony, always giving all of us very good advice. 🙂 

For now I don't want to spend any more money with the car I have a holiday coming and that is more important for me 

I've made a complaint with Toyota and the franchise....awaiting the result. I can't say I'm in a hurry to get it done as the car works fine. I will keep you updated on they response. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 4:54 PM, TonyHSD said:

Find a protyre garage near you. Give them a call and explain the situation with alignment and off set steering. Ask if they can help you and promise you to make sure the steering shell will be perfectly centred. This is what I have done , they even invited me to set my steering straight before they locked in place and lift up the car to adjust. The deal was if not happy I can return for free adjustment again. 

Hi Tony,

Just received a email from Toyota :

I have spoken to ProTyre that are happy to carry out another Wheel alignment and straightened the steering wheel.  If you are happy for us to book this we will arrange for a convenient date and will also cover the cost of the alignment"

So a Protyre wheel alignment will be done funny enough🙂 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

Hi Tony,

Just received a email from Toyota :

I have spoken to ProTyre that are happy to carry out another Wheel alignment and straightened the steering wheel.  If you are happy for us to book this we will arrange for a convenient date and will also cover the cost of the alignment"

So a Protyre wheel alignment will be done funny enough🙂 

That’s good and kind from Toyota office. 
Hopefully the pro tyre will sort it out. 
Thanks for letting you know. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, TonyHSD said:

That’s good and kind from Toyota office. 
Hopefully the pro tyre will sort it out. 
Thanks for letting you know. 

All done now Tony!

Protyre got it right the first time highly recommended 

now all ok and working as it should so  happy now

Need to thank Tony you were right about protyre as always, I need to buy you a beer 👊

Normally I would agree with you Tony but the fact that Toyota was kind but they charge £100 for a wheel alignment and can’t get it right twice

For wheel alignment ALWAYS use protyre as Toyota is useless

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

All done now Tony!

Protyre got it right the first time highly recommended 

now all ok and working as it should so  happy now

Need to thank Tony you were right about protyre as always, I need to buy you a beer 👊

Normally I would agree with you Tony but the fact that Toyota was kind but they charge £100 for a wheel alignment and can’t get it right twice

For wheel alignment ALWAYS use protyre as Toyota is useless

Well done. 
Happy that pro tyre got it right for you.
I wasn’t sure how your local pro tyres will be but they seem to be a good one. I know them from a friend of mine who was working there, he left them for good but I continued to use their service.
I go there for MOT, wheel alignment and AC regas. 👍

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:35 PM, Cyker said:

It turns out the engine is very sensitive to fuel, and the cheap garbage fuel I normally use caused it to be more like mine :laugh: 

No such thing as GARBAGE FUEL. All fuel sold in the UK meets the relevant BS EN standards. We have been using cheap petrol/diesel since the mid 80's and never had a single issue. When we have to use branded it makes no difference.

Its just an urban myth that gets repeated enough to believed by the gullible. If cheap fuel were rubbish there would be loads of complaints when there simply aren't.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links