Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v battery maintenance, issues, etc.

FROSTYBALLS

8 minutes ago, Dala said:

This is not a 45Ah battery

This one is Yuasa HSB202 Part no YBX5202  45AH cca 440 amps one is but then it not a Bosch!.

Both have the same type of lid & dimentions are H180 L175 W175

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:17 AM, Catlover said:

I don’t think so Colin. I have done the one hour in ready mode and the engine did fire up but not many times and not for long. It’s not like the engine is running all of the time.

Is it still revving higher like it did before on a 2015 Auris f.e. ?

It was a bit awkward then. Did around +2000 rpm (seen on an extra obd tool) and it sounded to others around like the driver was revving the engine but in fact, the car did this. 

Yuasa 45Ah is OK.  I asked Chas G where he found Bosch in the same capacity.

• Like 1

large_76afd5533dd0435b38d23c3aa10d1ee91484754185.thumb.jpeg.ecd0021ae3b4b8d7f3c2859a8bfbd788.jpeg

1 hour ago, Derek.w said:

Bosh battery code ifn it helps

Bosch S4 000  544 401 042  44Ah 420 amps

@Derek.w and @Dala

This is the one I ordered but now cancelled. My mistake it is 44ahr not 45ahr.

Derek, if I replace my Battery (Yaris Cross) with the Yuasa one, am I likely to get loads of faults/problems with the management system or will it just boot up? That's my only fear

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Message on kwifit website :-

Please note: we are currently unable to complete Battery bookings on hybrid/electric vehicles.

If your vehicle requires a start/stop Battery, please ensure you select a model that states it is suitable for vehicles with start/stop technology. Fitting your Battery can usually be done comfortably within an hour-long appointment slot, however, some vehicles may take longer.

For hybrids, the start/stop specification is not necessary for a 12V car Battery.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chas G said:

Derek, if I replace my battery (Yaris Cross) with the Yuasa one, am I likely to get loads of faults/problems with the management system or will it just boot up? That's my only fear

If you haven't had a problem yet I wouldn't bother replacing it.

People that have had the Battery drain and jump started the car and/or replaced the Battery have been able to just use the car with no further jiggery pokery needed. Some user preferences and settings may need to be put back to what you want, but nothing that stops the car working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Chas G said:

large_76afd5533dd0435b38d23c3aa10d1ee91484754185.thumb.jpeg.ecd0021ae3b4b8d7f3c2859a8bfbd788.jpeg

@Derek.w and @Dala

This is the one I ordered but now cancelled. My mistake it is 44ahr not 45ahr.

Derek, if I replace my battery (Yaris Cross) with the Yuasa one, am I likely to get loads of faults/problems with the management system or will it just boot up? That's my only fear

Absolutely no difference in operation or anything else since I changed the Battery.  I changed mine and when I set the car to "ready" nothing different was noted.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Chas have you tried just charging it then see how long it will last until you charge it again.

No problem changing Battery first turn off what electric systems you can then let car go into sleep mode then donot open drivers door put car key in house.

Disconnect negative lead first re connect last. 

Battery will stick when you push it back in you just have to lift it slightly at the back.

When starting car for first time just start up in Acc position when systems load back in then you can start the car.

Radio requires retuning plus phone shortcuts to set up.

Phone numbers just load up from memory.

Maybe a good idea to fit your own charging leads to the Battery & a bluetooth Battery Monitor via its own fuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Derek.w thanks.

I am going to book the car in for a service, get them to fit the ctek Battery charger leads and then I will use it as a Toyota Cross Plug in Hybrid...................until September and then I will trade it in for a Nissan Juke or Quahqai, Skoda Kamiq or Karoq petrol engined car.

I need a car that I just clean, service, fill with petrol and drive.

After so long I would have liked to stay with Toyota but they no longer make a car that fits my needs. 

Best wishes

Chas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chas G said:

@Derek.w

I need a car that I just clean, service, fill with petrol and drive. 

Best wishes

Chas

That's what I do with my Yaris hybrid.

Edit: Would like to have first dips on all the backups which you should no longer need with a non hybrid 🙂 - in case my hybrid suffer the dreaded fate of 12v Battery failure. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Viewers Advisory: Cat lover followed me to the car and jumped on it, video bombing the first shoot*

2 types amber beacon led, very bright. Worthy addition in the boot, purchase idea inspired by 'Chas Da G Man' (who will sadly no longer be a Toyota owner come autumn) 

Both from Ali Express, total cheaper than just one from Toolstation. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@Mojo1010 Would like to have first dips on all the backups which you should no longer need with a non hybrid 🙂 - in case my hybrid suffer the dreaded fate of 12v Battery failure. 

I mentioned elsewhere about the MyToyota App.  One bit i spotted concerned putting tge car on ready mode for 20-30 minutes each week.  But it also said: for petrol engined cars to run the engine for 20-30 minutes per week.

They say this is because of additional drain on the Battery from certain electrical processes. 

Edited by Roy124
  • Like 2

@Mojo1010 that looks really good to me and certainly useful if you breakdown on the motorway or an unlit road.  Trouble on the motorway is people can get hypnotised by the road noise and boredom. 

When I broke down on the motorway, mobile phones hadnt been invented and I tried using a roadside one.......and couldn't hear half of what the person on the other end was saying with lorries hurtling past 10 feet away.

At least people are likely to spot one of those beacons. I might buy a Battery powered one for my boot. 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chas G said:

that looks really good to me and certainly useful if you breakdown on the motorway or an unlit road. 

Yes …. Now if only car makers hadn’t incorporated something similar, say, into the indicators……

Oh, wait …

(not sure what all this has to do with “12v Battery Maintenance….” )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Yes …. Now if only car makers hadn’t incorporated something similar, say, into the indicators……

Oh, wait …

Point taken. 😀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Oh, wait …

Stop being an old sad git lol

There's no harm having an extra layer of being seen by potential dangerous morons. As well most of us at some point in driving being caught up in thick fog, the beacon can be very useful in such conditions. 

Car breakdown sub category 🙂

• Sad 2

I thought us toyota drivers had in common the belief we will never breakdown in 10 years and maybe once in 20 years if we are unlucky or stupid enough to forget to buy petrol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No machines are 100 % breakdown proof. A non mechanical breakdown is.....a tyre puncture.

• Like 2

For completness My 12 volt Battery will last 4 days from fully charged / down to 12.3 or just under that without the car been in use but battry still retains sufficant charge to stop sulphation of the plates or just start & go.IMG_0877.thumb.PNG.469d619fd4b0f160768f13537953f75a.PNG

• Like 1

Our 12v Battery has gone down to 11.67v  this past week but still starts car!

IMG_4059.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Derek.w said:

For completness My 12 volt battery will last 4 days from fully charged / down to 12.3 or just under that without the car been in use but battry still retains sufficant charge to stop sulphation of the plates or just start & go.IMG_0877.thumb.PNG.469d619fd4b0f160768f13537953f75a.PNG

I know you’re only being helpful but it’s stuff like this that freaks some owners out.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, anchorman said:

For completness My 12 volt battery will last 4 days from fully charged / down to 12.3 or just under that without the car been in use but battry still retains sufficant charge

Does anyone know at what volts the Battery will fail to start the car? 

Is there anyone on here that hasn’t had Battery issues with a brand new Yaris Cross ? 

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

Is there anyone on here that hasn’t had battery issues with a brand new Yaris Cross ? 

Haven't had a Battery issue with my Yaris.....

But I'm ready if I do!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links