Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

Well I ordered mine on August 11th and the app shows "order being processed" as it has from day 1. I read on here that it doesn't change till it's left the Country. I was given a similar delivery date that was only approximate. I'm not overly bothered as I am not in a rush and would prefer registration to be Jan 2024 than Dec 2023. I know it doesn't affect resale value much these days but must help a bit. I'll post on here when I get mine, which is an Excel with CIty pack in red.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:30 PM, Mojo1010 said:

Interest on PCP payments. My interest rate were 9.9%, over 24 months PCP cost approx £2400 in interest, in my case on 14500 loan. Paid it all off as planned to save on the interest.

Did you get a £2400 discount on the RRP though? You don't generally as a cash buyer but on a PCP plan via a broker you easily would.

• Like 1

Thanks for that information dcweather it sounds as though your situation is similar to mine.

No didn't go through a broker used a local dealers to roll over an existing PCP plan but they gave me a reasonable price for my current car, an Excel X so I feel reasonably happy.

32 minutes ago, dcweather said:

Did you get a £2400 discount on the RRP though? You don't generally as a cash buyer but on a PCP plan via a broker you easily would.

Took out the PCP and paid it all off once got the car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcweather said:

I read on here that it doesn't change till it's left the Country. I was given a similar delivery date that was only approximate

I watched my YC progress.   I certainly had information before it left the country. 

I think things appeared not long before the build.   Target dates for despatch, Zeebrugge, Burston,  Dealer appeared. 

These were all dates about 4 weeks before my 1 st Sep delivery.  I think delivery jumped  about 8-10 sooner.

I was able to pick it up on MyToyota that showed it in the pound half a mile from the dealer.   Using Google Earth I could focus on its location within the pound.

Once at the dealers I could follow its movement around the yard and when it was locked or unlocked. 

Finally, on collection day I tracked it to Sainsbury where they topped up the fuel. 

Using the Web link MyT you can really follow your car.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, dcweather said:

I'm sure each method of purchase has its own advantages except I don't see buying a brand new car outright over buying via a PCP has any advantages?

It all depends on the buyers circumstances and what deals are available at the time of purchase. No one rule suits everyone.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:39 AM, Mojo1010 said:

No. 

End of term: 

1. Pay balloon payment and you now own the car

2. Use any equity towards another car

3. Hand the car back 

Well there's one disadvantage of a full or near full term PCP for a start. 

The finance company, the dealer and to be fair, the vast majority of people read 2: above as use any equity towards a new car.

Me?  Well I read that as have taken out a loan and paid interest on more money than was necessary.

If someone offered you a loan which you had no need for, and the interest payments were more than your savings rate, would you take out that loan? because that's exactly what they're saying.

I'm in a position to buy the car outright so securing a discount + any PCP incentives means I can immediately pay the car off. But then again, if I were buying a car with unknown depreciation, PCP could well be a better bet or even leasing. Obviously have to look at the figures but to take one example, I know someone who paid near £90k for an Audi EV and 2 years later he was offered £35k for it. Imagine what would have happened if you'd paid cash for it 😲

As I say, there are so many variables that one rule can't apply to eveyone. That's my tuppence worth on the subject.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

New Toyota Yaris Cros sounds really exciting.

I heard through the grapevine that Toyota are going to fit external 12 volt Battery charging ports on the underside of both door mirrors.

Jump start packs/battery chargers will be standard on all models and there will be a 12 volt Battery status graphic on the dashboard display.

I am looking forward to the new model and might trade mine for one. 🤔

Only joking but ever hopeful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Visited the dealer today.  He was expecting us.  He had originally promised latest model,  lowest interest rate and lowest price.  Obviously predicated on latest MY21 model.

The only thing was the 1 March delivery.  

We will now delay delivery until MY24 is available.   I think we were not the first to ask this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/9/2023 at 7:45 PM, chazbri said:

Thanks for that information dcweather it sounds as though your situation is similar to mine.

@chazbri - just got an email from MyToyota saying it has arrived at my retailer!

Hi David,
Your car is almost ready!
We need a few days to carry out a final full inspection and make sure your new car is pristine. There’s nothing you need to do, we’ll be in touch shortly to arrange a handover appointment."
  • Like 2

This thread is supposed to be about MY24 Yaris Cross.....what's with all the tosh,  being posted??

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

This thread is supposed to be about MY24 Yaris Cross.....what's with all the tosh,  being posted??

What the Battery flat tosh ?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Countryside said:

What the battery flat tosh ?

Yes...exactly....not possible on a car yet to be built !

On 11/22/2023 at 9:42 PM, Devon Aygo said:

I see the photos include a picture of a wireless phone charger and two USB-C ports. It is clearly a LHD model though, so I wonder if the UK will get this spec. 

The powertrain and display upgrades are nice, but fairly minor updates. In Asia it is being launched with a different body shape. I'm glad they have stuck with the old shape. Strange that the HUD hasn't returned on the Premiere.

1 hour ago, IT Troll said:

. In Asia it is being launched with a different body shape. I'm glad they have stuck with the old shape.

My dealer told me that the UK MY24 rate as minor changes whereas the CHR with new body style is a major revamp.  The respective price increases should reflect the difference with the CHR being a bigger increment. 

• Confused 1

First I've seen these pics. Although minor, those interior changes look miles better than our cars do at present. I guess the extra power would be welcome to many but of no interest to us as the car really is a cityrun around.

As for the integration of a smartphone and MyToyota app to unlock the car - I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. 🤣.  The keyless on our car works perfectly - that's good enough for me.

I've lost all contact with current offers but in the few moments I've spent looking, it doesn't seem good news. My prefered broker no longer deals with Toyota and with the PCP incentive being only £500 or is it £600, which as we now know will be wiped out by charges ( so buying on PCP and paying off immediately serves no purpose ). The best cash deal I can find in this short time for our GR Sport + safety spec, is £27800 ( using carfile ).   At present I paid approx £25400 ( could be £24800 if Toyota Finance are held to account ) back in August so it's not exactly an attractive deal.  Depends what offer Toyota come up with when the new pricing is announced.  

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I spotted a mention that the MY24 was now due 3/4th quarter.   Today I got notification that my MY21 order would soon enter build.

I spoke with my dealer.   My MY21 order will continue to completion whereupon it will be absorbed into stock and sold to someone whose order is further down  the time.

He expects pricing soon and expects delivery Apr/May.  Once he has the price he will get the abacus out to see how he can arrive at the agreed monthly payments. 

🤞

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I spotted a mention that the MY24 was now due 3/4th quarter.   Today I got notification that my MY21 order would soon enter build.

I spoke with my dealer.   My MY21 order will continue to completion whereupon it will be absorbed into stock and sold to someone whose order is further down  the time.

He expects pricing soon and expects delivery Apr/May.  Once he has the price he will get the abacus out to see how he can arrive at the agreed monthly payments. 

🤞

Woy....don't you mean MY23 ?

Because a car made now is MY21. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Because a car made now is MY21. 

It's not...it will be MY23 !

The 23 bit indicates its build date???

Model Year 202x

When I was ordering in mid 2022 the seller told me that they are putting MY23 as the expected delivery was around May '23

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, hind said:

Model Year 202x

That doesn't even make sense?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links