Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

🎄SEASONAL DRINK TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR 🎄

Bper

4 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Bearing that in mind and the kegs must then be imported from Ireland and returned, do you reckon the difference is in how it's kept?

Obviously no difference in the canned and bottled.

Or maybe it just doesn't travel well .

Not had a pint of it here in England for a while now, so maybe the draught is as good as over there.

Do you like Guinness?

24 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Well, actually that is a grand thing , to drink a toast to the friends we have made on here.

The ones with families to keep them company could take a minute to say cheers.

And those of us who may be on our own, can take comfort in knowing that some goodwill is going around.

Even the southern softies who drink Chardonnay spritzers could join in 😉.

Look forward to seeing ( or indeed reading) you all on Friday at 8.

Hi Paul,

Seeing as it was yours and David's party idea, as it is nearly Christmas and you said to raise a toast to all the friends we have made on here. Why not put an invite out in a post and those who wish to attend can log on Friday at 8pm with their good wishes and cheers. Many of the members will probably not read this post on Scooters so will not get the message. What do you think.? 😀

• Haha 1

If Paul and Dave wish to extend the invitation, I can put something suitable in each forum (e.g. Corolla Club, etc), highlighting what is happening and with a link back to this topic.

Could also do a separate topic nearer Friday so people can exchange greetings, etc.

Have a think .......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As of today 18 Dec 2023, it is illegal to use a privately owned e-scooter on public roads in the UK. The maximum speed for an e-scooter is 15.5mph, and trial e-scooters are limited to this speed. To use an e-scooter, you must have the category Q entitlement on your driving licence. The UK government is running trials of electric scooters, but the rules for private e-scooters have not changed.1 The government has proposed a new ultra low emissions vehicle (ULEV) transport bill to be enacted in 2023 with the goal of addressing the current private e-scooter laws around their use on roads. However, until this passes through, private e-scooters can only be used on private land, and taking one out onto a road or other public space is considered a motoring offence. Insurance companies do not offer coverage for private e-scooter use like they would for a car or motorcycle.:clap::clapping:

What do you mean as of today? They've always been illegal AFAIK.

That hasn't made any difference tho' - You can scoot past the police and they won't bat an eyelid.

• Like 2

I

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If Paul and Dave wish to extend the invitation, I can put something suitable in each forum (e.g. Corolla Club, etc), highlighting what is happening and with a link back to this topic.

Could also do a separate topic nearer Friday so people can exchange greetings, etc.

Have a think .......

That would be very kind of you Mike to go to the trouble of doing that.

So yes of course, Dave has already said all welcome, and I completely agree with that.

It will be good to hear from the new members too if they are not tied up with family stuff and parties at that time.

Much appreciated, and Guinness is recommended, but not compulsory.🍻

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Paul,

Seeing as it was yours and David's party idea, as it is nearly Christmas and you said to raise a toast to all the friends we have made on here. Why not put an invite out in a post and those who wish to attend can log on Friday at 8pm with their good wishes and cheers. Many of the members will probably not read this post on Scooters so will not get the message. What do you think.? 😀

Yes Bob, good idea.

Mike has kindly offered to put out a general invite, which I think will work well.

And save my increasingly slower brain from trying to figure out how to invite everyone.

So looking forward to it, and that reminds me, I will put my bottle of original in the fridge now to get it well chilled for Friday.

In fact I will put a bottle of Aspalls draught cider in too (I know an oxymoron) but a very good taste ,in case I fancy a poor man's black velvet.

Remember stopping for lunch at a pub more or less opposite Kew gardens main entrance in the middle of summer 1986, and had a pint of Guinness and cider at an outside table, well chilled .

Ordered scallops too , and the chef threw a wobbler and walked out, not on account of my scallops I hope.

Finished up with a pretty good cheese sandwich, and a bag of crisps.

Oh lordy 🙄 I do ramble and digress, can't help it now, it's just all these memories.

• Like 5

🎄To celebrate Christmas and New Year, members are having a virtual gathering  on Friday 22nd December at 8pm 🎄.

As suggested by members in the Electric Scooters topic (General Discussions), the gathering is open to all members, who are invited to 'bring their own', whether Guinness or other beverage.

Members can use this topic to celebrate together.

Hope to see people on Friday to say 'hello' and to raise a glass, or two, in celebration of the seasonal break.

Best Wishes - Mike

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

58 minutes ago, Cyker said:

What do you mean as of today? They've always been illegal AFAIK.

That hasn't made any difference tho' - You can scoot past the police and they won't bat an eyelid.

Aye, back on topic for a mo', when you have youngsters who have an excuse, and older morons who do not, with no training or road sense of any kind,on the roads, it is always going to end badly.

I have also just looked at my licence, and cannot see any category Q on it,so presumably would not be qualified to ride one of those things.

Would my full A class motorcycle category cover me if I wanted to hire one of these suicide machines?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Mike has kindly offered to put out a general invite, which I think will work well.

All done with links in each forum - see:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

All done with links in each forum - see:

Thank you Mike.

Hopefully a good few members will be able to join us in a Christmas toast to all the old and new people here.

And also, thankyou for running the forum in a good and proper manner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

🎄To celebrate Christmas and New Year, members are having a virtual gathering  on Friday 22nd December at 8pm 🎄.

As suggested by members in the Electric Scooters topic (General Discussions), the gathering is open to all members, who are invited to 'bring their own', whether Guinness or other beverage.

Members can use this topic to celebrate together.

Hope to see people on Friday to say 'hello' and to raise a glass, or two, in celebration of the seasonal break.

Best Wishes - Mike

8 pm UK time?

6 minutes ago, Falomain said:

8 pm UK time?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Yes.

Any reason's good for having a drink😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Aye, back on topic for a mo', when you have youngsters who have an excuse, and older morons who do not, with no training or road sense of any kind,on the roads, it is always going to end badly.

I have also just looked at my licence, and cannot see any category Q on it,so presumably would not be qualified to ride one of those things.

Would my full A class motorcycle category cover me if I wanted to hire one of these suicide machines?

Hi Paul,

On the bottom of your driving licence it gives the categories 

11 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Hi Paul, On your driving licence at the bottom under no 9 it gives the categories that you can drive. At the end it says q. Of course if you had been born before 1792 you may not have one.:laugh:

PS Would you like an Electric scooter for Christmas as they are great for going around Supermarket car parks and pavements, just think of the time you would save.:smile:

• Haha 3

Look at it this way. At any time of the day or night, somewhere in the world, a pub is open

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Paul,

On the bottom of your driving licence it gives the categories 

Oh aye so there is a q.

12 hours ago, Bper said:

PS Would you like an Electric scooter for Christmas as they are great for going around Supermarket car parks and pavements, just think of the time you would save.

Well Bob, that is a very kind offer.

But I would sooner have a 25mm hole drilled in my head with a medieval treppanning instrument such as can be found at the hospital museum in Bruges,than own one of those things.

Thanks anyway, I don't want to appear ungracious in refusing.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Oh aye so there is a q.

Well Bob, that is a very kind offer.

But I would sooner have a 25mm hole drilled in my head with a medieval treppanning instrument such as can be found at the hospital museum in Bruges,than own one of those things.

Thanks anyway, I don't want to appear ungracious in refusing.

Well that's unusual I haven't heard that word Trepanning for years,well not since I let the evil spirits out:laugh:

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2023 at 9:17 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

Blimey, that is some price for a pint.

Just wish I was fit enough for another trip.

I reckon if I could,I would seek out the rural places that I remember.

Wow, Bob. If you had been born before 1792, surely the licence would be a stone tablet!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bper said:

Well that's unusual I haven't heard that word Trepanning for years,well not since I let the evil spirits out:laugh:

Well Bob, I only know that term from my visits to Bruges, and that hospital museum.

On one of those trips in the 80s I bought a pair of stemmed beer glasses 🍷, the logo is "westmalle"a Trappist brewery somewhere in Belgium, but tourist tat really.

I still have one which I shall use on Friday, the other got smashed to pieces when a hot dog clock fell off the wall onto it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Well Bob, I only know that term from my visits to Bruges, and that hospital museum.

On one of those trips in the 80s I bought a pair of stemmed beer glasses 🍷, the logo is "westmalle"a Trappist brewery somewhere in Belgium, but tourist tat really.

I still have one which I shall use on Friday, the other got smashed to pieces when a hot dog clock fell off the wall onto it.

It's one of the oldest surgical procedures dating back 7000-10,000 years ago, I certainly wouldn't have wanted it. I wonder if the sayings about "I hate that like I'd love a hole in the head "may have come from.:smile:

I wonder what they used for anesthetic in those days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I wonder what they used for anesthetic in those days.

Zero anesthesia, this made for a particularly painful, even life threatening, procedure. However, the survival rate of these operations was surprisingly high if you can believe that.The awful thing is it was widely used on people to release what they considered to be evil spirits.

It was carried out in most of the world and still exists today in different forms and now with the use of an anesthetic.💉

I'm not taking my computer to a drink-in! Some clumsy oaf would knock my elbow and I would end up with Guinness all over the keyboard! 😉

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links