Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

🎄SEASONAL DRINK TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR 🎄

Bper

1 minute ago, Primus1 said:

Yes I’ve got me babycham, what are we talking about?

Hi Alan, well as many posts have been food related tonight, are you having Turkey on Christmas day or something else. I'm having Sea trout .:smile:

3 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Yes I’ve got me babycham, what are we talking about?

Cheers Both.

Talking about anything you want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bper said:

Hi Alan, well as many posts have been food related tonight, are you having Turkey on Christmas day or something else. I'm having Sea trout .:smile:

Goose and Salmon here

• Like 1

Yes having a turkey crown with all the trimmings…

• Like 1

I'm probably having turkey. My wife hasn't decided yet as she is vegetarian.

• Haha 1

Ah Christmas, takes me back to my childhood, the whole family gathered around the piano……wishing someone could play it..

• Haha 2

When I was a kid, one family up the road from us used to get a live turkey to fatten up a few weeks before Christmas, and kept it in the coal house until the fateful day.

They always were a bit strange ....

This was a Birmingham suburb in the 60's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Goose and Salmon here

Very nice, we haven't had tradition turkey for years as my sister-in-law joins us every Christmas she is vegetarian so we have to cater around this. To be honest we eat very little meat now mostly fish and chicken with the very occasional bit of steak.:smile:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

When I was a kid, one family up the road from us used to get a live turkey to fatten up a few weeks before Christmas, and kept it in the coal house until the fateful day.

They always were a bit strange ....

This was a Birmingham suburb in the 60's.

It's funny Mike, my mum was originally from Birmingham and one of her cousins was Pat Roach the wrestler. We used to visit regularly when we were toddlers and only went back once when I was in my teens, great memories.:smile:

Well, that's me just finishing off my fourth jack and Coke so being the lightweight that I am, I'll say all the best to everyone and pass out now...😴

• Like 3

We have a turkey crown to get through. We will have it with all the trimmings and Louisas roast potatoes - her roasties are the main reason I stay ..... joking. Anyway, I had better go now, somebody has to get up to take somebody to work in the morning! 

A very Merry Christmas to you all. 🍻 

• Like 2

Remember Pat Roach - watching the wrestling on ITV at 4pm on Saturdays. He also had a gym in Brum.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Ah Christmas, takes me back to my childhood, the whole family gathered around the piano……wishing someone could play it..

I had a family like that but they were always on the fiddle. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Best wishes, Colin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CPN said:

Well, that's me just finishing off my fourth Jack and Coke so being the lightweight that I am, I'll say all the best to everyone and pass out now...😴

Merry Christmas Colin:smile:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Remember Pat Roach - watching the wrestling on ITV at 4pm on Saturdays. He also had a gym in Brum.

I remember the wrestling with the Royal brothers, Johnny Quango, Les Kellett, Mick MC Manus, :laugh:

4 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

We have a turkey crown to get through. We will have it with all the trimmings and Louisas roast potatoes - her roasties are the main reason I stay ..... joking. Anyway, I had better go now, somebody has to get up to take somebody to work in the morning! 

A very Merry Christmas to you all. 🍻 

Cheers David and Merry Christmas  :smile:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bper said:

I remember the wrestling with the Royal brothers, Johnny Quango, Les Kellett, Mick MC Manus, :laugh:

A late uncle of mine used to wrestle with the likes of Les Kellett and Mick McManus. He used various names, including Bobby Barron. My Mum used to do a lot of dressmaking and made loads of face masks for him, presumably so that he could wrestle under various names. My Dad used to ask, regularly, how much of 'a fix' it all was and my Uncle would usually give a non-committal answer and smile. I remember on one occasion, Shirley Crabtree being sat in our lounge.

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=6698

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

A late uncle of mine used to wrestle with the likes of Les Kellett and Mick McManus. He used various names, including Bobby Barron. My Mum used to do a lot of dressmaking and made loads of face masks for him, presumably so that he could wrestle under various names. My Dad used to ask, regularly, how much of 'a fix' it all was and my Uncle would usually give a non-committal answer and smile. I remember on one occasion, Shirley Crabtree being sat in our lounge.

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=6698

Big Daddy, I remember him well, he used to knock other wrestlers down with his gut. Did you have any chairs left after he sat on them. Was that Robby Baron who was your uncle and he died in 2010.:smile:

On 12/22/2023 at 10:10 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

I remember Pat Roach too, sure he had a breakers yard very close to Winson Green prison, another Brummy here.

Lad I went to school with back in the 50's claimed Pat Roach was his uncle, never meet the man but saw him often on ITV on Saturday afternoons with Kent Walton commentating on the grapling.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

I remember Pat Roach too, sure he had a breakers yard very close to Winson Green prison, another Brummy here.

Lad I went to school with back in the 50's claimed Pat Roach was his uncle, never meet the man but saw him often on ITV on Saturday afternoons with Kent Walton commentating on the grapling.

I think many of us remember him as a wrestler but he starred in a few series and movies. The era of Ken Walton and wrestling was entertaining regardless of it being staged. Great characters who you either loved or hated but in all great fun. Unfortunately it couldn't be revived today.:smile:

• Like 1

I was more of a Johnny Saint and Steve Grey fan, iirc their names, they were poetry in motion, and Kendo Nagasaki? now there was an enigma. Great reminising their folks.

• Haha 1

Back in the mid 70s, I was an apprentice electrician and we were rewiring a whole street of council owned properties one by one, in one of the houses was the mum of a wrestler called Klondike bill, ( not sure of his real name) I don’t think he was as well known as all the others, his mum told us that he was always a big lad and decided to use it to his advantage ant turn professional wrestler, she also said he had a known heart condition and could die at anytime, she dreaded the phone ringing, I seem to remember reading about his death in our local newspaper but can’t remember how long after it was…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Back in the mid 70s, I was an apprentice electrician and we were rewiring a whole street of council owned properties one by one, in one of the houses was the mum of a wrestler called Klondike bill, ( not sure of his real name) I don’t think he was as well known as all the others, his mum told us that he was always a big lad and decided to use it to his advantage ant turn professional wrestler, she also said he had a known heart condition and could die at anytime, she dreaded the phone ringing, I seem to remember reading about his death in our local newspaper but can’t remember how long after it was…

Hi Alan, There was a Canadian wrestler called Klondike bill, William Soloweyko was his real name, don't know if it's the same one. On a side note did you serve a JIB electrical apprenticeship?:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links