Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone gone from an Aygo to an Aygo-X ?

hdkagawa

I went for a test drive of the Aygo X Exclusive, they offered a good price for my car and I have done the deal, will be picking it up at the end of next week - It caught my eye the second I saw it and I really liked the higher seating position, I love that it's an auto but it has flappy paddle shifters like f1 cars if I want to use them, I drove it like a granny as I've never driven an auto before and I had no idea what to do with my left foot haha, but it still got over 50 mpg even without smooth driving haha - I knew it was the car for me though - really looking forward to it

• Like 7

Probably has remote starting too..  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Probably has remote starting too..  :wub:

I think so! 

• Like 2

Show us some photos when you get it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave the aygo said:

Show us some photos when you get it 

Will do!

• Like 1

What color is it ? Two tone for sure, I guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

What color is it ? Two tone for sure, I guess.

looks like this - it's an undercover not exclusive

New Toyota Aygo X Undercover limited edition uncovered | Auto Express

• Like 4

Nice. Didn't see it in that color here yet.

We do start to see the new X a bit more on our street though.

• Like 3

Quite excited now, I don't do many miles but think I'll enjoy taking it places much more than I normally would at least for a while until the novelty wears off a bit, I need the experience driving an auto anyway haha

• Like 2

Mine has only done 750 miles so i am waiting to get it on the motorway to see what it's like will find  out in April when we have a few days away 

• Like 2

Is there anything anyone recommends getting / putting in the car by the way? things you keep in your aygos / aygo Xs? 

Gel bag that takes moisture out of the air..  the aygo's tend to have water on the inside of the windscreen. The bag I have prevents that.

There is nothing wrong with my aygo..  it's just a "wet" car, also if you get in if you come from a rain outside.

Maybe has something to do with ventilation design.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

Gel bag that takes moisture out of the air..  the aygo's tend to have water on the inside of the windscreen. The bag I have prevents that.

There is nothing wrong with my aygo..  it's just a "wet" car, also if you get in if you come from a rain outside.

Maybe has something to do with ventilation design.

I managed without one in my current Aygo to be fair so I probably won't need one but we'll see, I had one of those in my C1 years ago!

• Like 1

I added some tool to put into the cigarette lighter. It shows voltage and temperature. 

I always thought the temperature inside was cold but the tool tells me the heater is working ok enough.

I sometimes connect the scangauge to see the coolant temperature. On the aygo2 , oil temp was not available. I guess same on the aygoX. 

Not enough straight panels on the dash to install the scangauge permanently. 

I turned down a verso-s at a dealer once cause it didn't have a coolant temperature. It seems they take it away from many models / brands nowadays. I don't like this idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haelewyn said:

I added some tool to put into the cigarette lighter. It shows voltage and temperature. 

I always thought the temperature inside was cold but the tool tells me the heater is working ok enough.

I sometimes connect the scangauge to see the coolant temperature. On the aygo2 , oil temp was not available. I guess same on the aygoX. 

Not enough straight panels on the dash to install the scangauge permanently. 

I turned down a verso-s at a dealer once cause it didn't have a coolant temperature. It seems they take it away from many models / brands nowadays. I don't like this idea.

I miss the temperature/coolant and oil pressure gauges as well, what’s a shame is with digital instruments nowadays the makers could easily add them. 

• Like 2

It's home!!!

• Like 6

Enjoy and you are very lucky to have the heated seats, I'm jealous!!

• Like 3

I'm still annoyed you AygoX owners can have heated seats but us Yarisy people can't!! :crybaby: :laugh: 

• Like 5

Nice looking enjoy

👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cyker said:

I'm still annoyed you AygoX owners can have heated seats but us Yarisy people can't!! :crybaby: :laugh: 

Mine doesn't, I think its only ones made for other european countries.

• Like 1

Ah maybe you're right, I read some members had them and didn't take into account they might be outside the UK - It's the same with the Yaris, heated seats only available on higher-end euro-spec cars.

It still baffles me that Toyota UK think heated seats are not desirable in this country of all places! :laugh: 

• Like 3

Topic starter is in Wales....

@hdkagawa

You don't have heated seats either ?

For everybody >>>

They can be installed by a good garage or dealer.

The original ones only have one power position, full blast ! Better than nothing but again a bad toyota decision imho.

5 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

Mine doesn't, I think its only ones made for other european countries.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Ah maybe you're right, I read some members had them and didn't take into account they might be outside the UK - It's the same with the Yaris, heated seats only available on higher-end euro-spec cars.

It still baffles me that Toyota UK think heated seats are not desirable in this country of all places! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, haelewyn said:

Topic starter is in Wales....

@hdkagawa

You don't have heated seats either ?

For everybody >>>

They can be installed by a good garage or dealer.

The original ones only have one power position, full blast ! Better than nothing but again a bad toyota decision imho.

Mine does have heated seats, I'm in Wales and it was originally registered in oxford, i think it may be an Undercover exclusive though in the UK?

• Like 1

Not bad top pic is uphill, bottom is more downhill (was going over the 'black mountain') - was also dark and cold on the top pic so I was being more careful hence a bit slower, but still, to average 56mpg today in only my 3rd and 4th ever times driving an auto is glorious (my old Aygo to be fair was still getting about 49-51) but the lights are so much better in night driving, the ride is a bit higher and more comfortable/smooth, and the steering is definitely more responsive

• Like 2

On 2/12/2024 at 10:25 PM, hdkagawa said:

I'm considering a yaris mk4 (see here) but also thinking of an aygo-x - going to watch a load of reviews but wonder if anyone specifically went from owning an aygo to an aygo-x and what the benefits and drawbacks (if any) were? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links