Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone gone from an Aygo to an Aygo-X ?

hdkagawa

What kind of prices have you had for the aygo x?? 

Still loving mine, it's a pleasure to drive compared to the old one (and that wasn't bad or anything I liked that and had no issues, this x is just a clear step up) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hay mate, I noticed you said earlier that your car has the flappy paddles.  How do you find driving the cvt using them?  My Exclusive will also have them.  

• Like 1

To be honest, I only use them out of curiosity.  I had them on my previous RAV4 which I owned for 10 years and I probably used them about 5 times...again, just cause I was bored or out of curiosity 😄

3 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Hay mate, I noticed you said earlier that your car has the flappy paddles.  How do you find driving the cvt using them?  My Exclusive will also have them.  

It's got a manual mode which i never use but depending on the speed and rev count you can still use the paddles while going just in drive anyway - i use it rarely if it's revving up loud when pulling off, or to do some engine braking on certain downhill bits but to be honest I leave it do its own thing most of the time!

£280 my insurance was btw, fairly 'safe' job and live in Wales so that helps (plus ~10 years NCD and fairly low mileage)

6 hours ago, hdkagawa said:

£280 my insurance was btw, fairly 'safe' job and live in Wales so that helps (plus ~10 years NCD and fairly low mileage)

What company was that with ? And did you use a comparison website or go direct ?  Thanks.

I’ve been Aygo X free for 8 months now.

Looking back, I definitely preferred the Aygo with year models of 2015 & 2021 that I had.

The Aygo X just lost character and charm.

I liked the “Kei car” feeling of the original Aygo, and it was a great car to zip around town and although not overly powerful, definitely felt more perky than the Aygo X ever did. 

I’m a minority on this topic, I know, but wanted to give a balanced perspective. 

I didn’t hate the Aygo X (safety features were good) but I wouldn’t buy another one, just wasn’t anywhere near powerful enough for modern day motoring and I felt vulnerable in it because of that reason. 

I’m glad some are enjoying their Aygo X’s so far, and I wish you well! Happy motoring people. 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pumatron said:

I’ve been Aygo X free for 8 months now.

Looking back, I definitely preferred the Aygo with year models of 2015 & 2021 that I had.

The Aygo X just lost character and charm.

I liked the “Kei car” feeling of the original Aygo, and it was a great car to zip around town and although not overly powerful, definitely felt more perky than the Aygo X ever did. 

I’m a minority on this topic, I know, but wanted to give a balanced perspective. 

I didn’t hate the Aygo X (safety features were good) but I wouldn’t buy another one, just wasn’t anywhere near powerful enough for modern day motoring and I felt vulnerable in it because of that reason. 

I’m glad some are enjoying their Aygo X’s so far, and I wish you well! Happy motoring people. 😀

Good point about the "lack of power", but I knew this even before I had a extended test drive and accepted it....however, it does annoy me as time goes on.  The "usual" example is trying to get on or cross a roundabout, it just borders on dangerous,  especially nowadays because "everyone" is on a mad rush to nowhere (probably to get their Costa Coffee drive thru when they are so called working from home !!).

Anyway, I'm living with it for now...and there's no other negatives worth mentioning, again because of my pre purchase online research.

• Like 2

Well .. that's what I said before too on this forum. You can't go more slow than in an Aygo unless you buy a 1953 agricultural tractor.
I don't see the point in making yourself believe it gets along well with traffic.

If you're in the back of traffic, you see the crowd driving away from you. If you're in the front, people will try to overtake in every way, also the unsafe ones.

Also a reason for me why my next car, if I had to buy one today, would not be a new AygoX.

• Like 2

I find them very nippy off the line, but they do run out of puff quite quickly :laugh: 

An AygoX with the Mk4 Yaris drivetrain would be amazing :naughty: 

• Like 5

On 3/18/2024 at 8:27 AM, 152bobby said:

What company was that with ? And did you use a comparison website or go direct ?  Thanks.

RAC and I used the martin lewis linked version of the moneysupermarket comparison tool 

• Thanks 1

Interesting comments about lack of power.  I guess i'm gonna find out shortly.  on the test drives I was perfectly happy with it and didn't feel it was too slow.  depends what you're used to I suppose. I felt it was fine at roundabouts (for me).  the worst I ever had at roundabouts was an Audi a1 1.4 dsg auto 2015 model.  it drove lovely but at roundabouts was a nightmare.  found that it had a software glitch common to all of them apparently (that obviously I wasn't told about on test drive in a manual version) whereby when you went from foot on brake to foot on accelerator, there was a lag.  that lag was quite literally frightening.  in sport mode it was better, but if you forgot to put it in sport mode.....ouch!  you literally thought the gearbox had not gone into gear, then suddenly as you pressed harder on accelerator you took off with wheels spinning!  Ridiculous.  

• Like 4

That's how I found most single or double-clutch gearboxes behave TBH :laugh: 

It's partly why I don't like autoboxes aside from torque converters and now the Toyota hybrid system - Those are the only ones where I've not experienced some sort of lag when trying to move off suddenly.

The immediacy of the HSD still makes me giggle every time I blat it away from traffic lights :whistling1: :naughty: 

• Like 1

Agreed, and I found the Aygo X CVT also responded quite well 😀

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Still enjoying this a lot, it does rev quite loudly compared to when i was driving the old aygo manually - only when you very first set off, and going from 20 or 30 up to 40+ uphill, that and my minor annoycances with the lane safety feature and the crash detection 'feature' are my only quibbles, in general I love it and it's a massive upgrade, it's even more economical and it's more comfortable, more featured and so easy to drive - if anyone has questions about it let me know, may take a few days for me to get back to you as im not checking the forum quite as frequently but I'll do it 

• Like 2

I imagine it is a bit revvy on some of those welsh hills!! :eek: 

I remember once we had a conference there and we were 3-up in a colleagues' 1 litre VW Polo... that was a mistake; Poor thing could barely get up some of the hills without going into 1st! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Guys, especially current Aygo X Automatic owners, what is your average mpg computed over several weeks / months? I think stock figs are 52mpg average.  What are you getting? 

Not auto but the memsahib's Aygo X manual has averaged 53mpg over the last 9 months from new. Occasionally see the odd 60mpg but mostly mid 50s. It is consistently higher at sustained highway speeds (50-70mph) and drops off in town to high 40s, even with stop/start active.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Auto is about 52mph and I do treat it pretty rough sometimes with the revs (mainly because EVERYONE behind me just doesn't want to behind an Aygo) 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I got off the highway together with a truck with a horse on it.

I thought I could easily beat him so I went next to him... 

I had to try long and rev my aygoX to be able to overtake him. I didn't know it was that bad.:biggrin:

Makes me think I am not going to drive this car for ever. Second hand prices are still good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Guys, especially current Aygo X Automatic owners, what is your average mpg computed over several weeks / months? I think stock figs are 52mpg average.  What are you getting? 

A manual, averaging 49.2mpg over 2000 miles, that’s with the start stop switched off, and driven hard to keep up with traffic, and I mean foot on the floor acceleration, and holding gears to give the  max power that it can, figures obtained by using fuelly app, not the onboard readings, overall I’m happy with the mpg. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Yesterday I got off the highway together with a truck with a horse on it.

I thought I could easily beat him so I went next to him... 

I had to try long and rev my aygoX to be able to overtake him. I didn't know it was that bad.:biggrin:

Makes me think I am not going to drive this car for ever. Second hand prices are still good.

There are junctions by me that I no longer use because they have very short slip roads to join fast moving traffic 60/70mph, and the aygo x just doesn’t accelerate fast enough to join the traffic safety. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Longer journeys I can get up to 55mpg. 

15 hours ago, Silpure said:

There are junctions by me that I no longer use because they have very short slip roads to join fast moving traffic 60/70mph, and the aygo x just doesn’t accelerate fast enough to join the traffic safety. 

To be fair, I'm always a little slow joining motorways, but its nothing slower than 50mph.

• Like 2

I'm on 57.65 mpg I think. In my math it's 4,9 liter per 100 km (of that, I am completely sure).

Manual transmission.

Results from since I bought it in 01/2023

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links