Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone gone from an Aygo to an Aygo-X ?

hdkagawa

Yes, we have had two previous Aygo's and changed our 2017 plate Aygo Limited edition to the new Aygo X Limited edition and we love it. My wife likes the chunky styling (its about the same size as her Mk 2 Yaris) she felt the Yaris Cross was too big for her. The Limited Edition is fully loaded with Toyota Safety sense and has nearly all of the drivers features on my RAV4 Dynamic Premium - keyless entry, push button start, lane assist, adaptive cruise control, wireless phone charger, rear camera, parking sensors and heated front seats. One of the most pleasing upgrades has been the intermittent rear washwipe which was manual on the old model and the double wipers give for better vision over the previous single wiper.

In essence, the Aygo X Limited edition has taken the funky all year around run about and added chunky fun styling  combined with higher model spec driver features with the perfect combo of heated seats for the winter and the electric cabriolet sun roof for the spring and summer. The perfect 'road trip' vehicle for touring Scotland's western isles and single track roads!

As many reviews have commented that it would be been even better if a small turbo had been fitted to the engine, which would have been great, but that said, we know what the engine is like from our two previous ones so we knew how it drives.

All in all 9/10 from us.

• Like 4

Initial thoughts after a few days of driving it, on going from a '14 Aygo mark 2 to this Aygo X - Undercover edition

+ It is much easier to drive being an auto, although I was used to it and changed gears without thinking about it in the manual Aygo I previously had (it's not bad at all) - this is just easier - especially going through hilly areas

+ Ride height is higher, it's more comfortable, and yet the steering also feels more responsive (I know little about cars, maybe the power steering is 'more assisted' / 'better' in some fashion than the old one or maybe it just feels more responsive to me but that's the impression I have on the first few days

+Lights offer *far* superior visibility in the evenings, couldn't quite believe how much brighter they were last night!

+ Bells and whistles - this trim has wireless carplay and charging, heated seats, love the auto climate no more fiddling with the air con etc to get the temperature right, the display is brilliant for navigation/media, I hesitate to call dual wipers a bell or a whistle but it does help in the rain, I also like the slightly gimmicky efficiency scoring on the MyToyota app (not yet tested remote climate - if it works that'll be immense on a frosty morning!) 

+ It makes me want to drive it, didn't need to go anywhere for any reason today but spent time looking for an excuse to go out for something (I've never once been a 'go for a drive' to relax type but maybe this car will make me one...) 

+ It is somehow even more economical than the Aygo mk2 despite all of the above - gently sipping petrol 

- Some of the 'safety' features are not so good for me, maybe it's just my preference but even with sensitivity turned down the 'BRAKE NOW' warning is too easy to go on especially in rural areas with people parking on the road meaning you have to cross, and I already now disable the lane assist whenever I start the engine 

- I need to download some offline music on my mobile for when I drive through areas with no signal because my phone didn't stop playing before in the old car, it would 'stream' enough of the song ahead and I'd have signal back before the next song most of the time from what I remember, but this one just stopped playing the music on carplay (on the plus side both Waze and google maps still worked fine with offline map versions I hadn't predownloaded or anything) 

Overall: thrilled with it so far 

• Like 5

Glad you are happy with the car 

I use a USB peg with music just find it better 

👍

• Like 1

Thinking of selling / trading in my Yaris Cross in a couple months and buying an Aygo X Exclusive CVT with a sunroof.  We have another car for longer trips, so this would be mainly for rural journeys between 2 and 50 miles.  I'm reading that people love their Aygo X's which is great.  We are looking forward to having the open air motoring experience, and thats the main driver for the change.  

Any advice or comments?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Thinking of selling / trading in my Yaris Cross in a couple months and buying an Aygo X Exclusive CVT with a sunroof.  We have another car for longer trips, so this would be mainly for rural journeys between 2 and 50 miles.  I'm reading that people love their Aygo X's which is great.  We are looking forward to having the open air motoring experience, and thats the main driver for the change.  

Any advice or comments?

I don't know anything about the yaris cross but if you have any questions about the aygo x, i'll try and answer - and of course my mini 'review' is a few spaces above ^^

I am not much of a car person outside F1 but I'm really enjoying this one 🙂

• Like 2

Same here..

You just put F1 and aygoX so close to each other. It does make the sound, doesn't it..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Any advice or comments?

I think you'll find that you may end up using the Aygo X for longer journeys. Mine has been great on the motorways, keeps up with majority of the traffic. I've got a trip coming up in April where we'll be going down to Cornwall from West Yorkshire, and I'm confident that my Aygo will do it well.

• Like 5

Given how many normal Aygos usually fly past me on the motorway I'm sure the Aygox won't have any problems :laugh: 

• Haha 3

You won’t have any problems on the motorway, where you need to careful is if the slip road to join the motorway is short, there is one junction near me that I don’t use any more because it would be unsafe to join the flow of traffic doing about 70mph, while I would be about 35 mph. 

• Like 1

That's one thing the new Yaris is amazing for - Even on an up hill, the thing will haul up to motorway speeds so quickly! :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys 👍

Looking forward most to pottering around in it in the sunshine with the roof open...if we ever get any sunshine that is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If my nearly 40 years old classic mini can do the motorway the Aygo x won't have a problem 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Given how many normal Aygos usually fly past me on the motorway I'm sure the Aygox won't have any problems :laugh: 

The new aygo is about the same in hp than the old one 😀

• Like 1

I think it's a little bit more powerful; The old engine was 60-something HP while the new one is low 70's I think?

68 for the old one.

72 for the new model.

• Like 1

i can't feel those 4 extra horses but they're probably negated by the car being 100-200kg heavier depending on model etc

• Haha 1

My auto Aygo X seems slower than my daughters manual MK2 Aygo.

Maybe because it's a manual, but it does seem faster (weird using the word " faster" when talking about a Aygo of any kind 🤪).

• Haha 1

The automatic does get a bit lower numbers compared to manual. Maybe one second for 0-60 or something. Slightly higher consumption.

But nothing that would turn an automatic lover away from the cvt.

The auto has a slightly higher top speed and supposedly .1 faster 0-62 but of course your mileage may vary in terms of manual driving

On 2/14/2024 at 3:34 PM, hdkagawa said:

The lane departure is what worries me most... I live in a rural area, and people often park on the road to such an extent i have to cross over the line (when safe to do so) - I don't like the idea of the car trying to steer for me or 'guiding me' back ? I'll have to see how that is on the test drive if I can't disable it permanently because the idea of spending thousands to upgrade and having to disable that every time I put the car on would be a major nuisance...

I know no car is perfect though, but that sounds like it would really annoy me

I know my car is not aygo but it has the lane thing and I %$(ing hate it if you go close to line or over it   the steering shakes it's the same if the car thinks your not holding the steering wheel or tight enough it shakes .but it's just one button to turn it off . 

My son passed his test last week an he's been learning in the 2012 aygo .so now he's past his test  he wants a new car (not brand new )  he's working  full time so iv found a aygo × it's looks very nice . Iv seen the heads up not to buy one type of aygo as its worsed one ?? But I can't find out what the new one is as I'm just looking at it also he was looking at the yaris as well . As it's going to cost him £2500 on insurance  o needs to stay low spec on the cars .

• Like 1

The Aygos are generally okay aside from the usual checks for a poor abused used car, but the earlier ones do have a tendency to leak if the owner hasn't done anything about it.

The Mk1 and Mk2 Yaris are also a great first cars. :naughty: :whistling1: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just saw that the Mitsubishi mirage with heated seats etc is around 22.000 euro in Holland. 

It's likely that the aygoX will be a good first car, second hand.. in some years. 

If young people can still drive a manual shift or if the cvt is available in high numbers.

We my son has said he's going to go with aygo x  but if a yaris turns up in his price range.. he's said he's going to wait till july/June  to buy it as he be hitting 21 then so hopefully the insurance will go down a notch .

also I was looking at insurance  Wednesday and the car I found I used there reg to get a set price . So on Friday when we was chatting about going out today to see a cupl cars  I checked the insurance again and they had knocked off £400 off the quote . Does any one have idea why two diffrent prices a few days  apart . Is it best to do the quotes on Friday??  

2 hours ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

We my son has said he's going to go with aygo x  but if a yaris turns up in his price range.. he's said he's going to wait till july/June  to buy it as he be hitting 21 then so hopefully the insurance will go down a notch .

also I was looking at insurance  Wednesday and the car I found I used there reg to get a set price . So on Friday when we was chatting about going out today to see a cupl cars  I checked the insurance again and they had knocked off £400 off the quote . Does any one have idea why two diffrent prices a few days  apart . Is it best to do the quotes on Friday??  

i know that if it's a renewal, you want to do it ~23 days before it's due for the best price...  but for random quotes i have no clue if doing a certain day is better 

I have had the insurance renewals for all ALL three cars in the family and they have ALL gone up, one as much as £150.  No claims whatsoever made on any of them EVER.  I have went on the usual comparison websites and it looks like it's just the norm.

It's not like the old days, you get older, stay with the same company, increase your no claims bonus, never make a claim...the result used to be a decrease in price.

On one of the cars I even called to see what can be done to reduce the cost.  For example, do less mileage, increase the compulsory excess blah blah blah and it made no noticeable difference.  Can you believe that I took off commuting to place of work, because it's not used for that and they knocked off £8, absolutely shocking, I thought most accidents are more likely going to happen during those times.  I tell you, they should increase premiums for people who do the school runs, as it's ABSOLUTELY shocking how they drive.  I do not go out on the road during the school run times !!

It's just crazy premium rates no matter how perfect your circumstances are, so it's no wonder new young drivers are paying thousands !!

That's my Sunday rant over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links