Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Even Leeky Makes Mistakes...

Leeky

Got caught by the cops tonight :( Was clocked doing 52 in a 30 zone (which i thought was a 40zone - still i know that doesnt matter)

Anyway they couldnt give me a fine/point as i was going a little to fast for them to deal with.

Its going to the courts the copper said, but apparently they send you a form and i can just plead guilty to avoid having to go.

I'll just take whatever is coming to me, im told hopefully i'll get 3 points and £60 fine. Never had any points before so it was a little scary :lol: Never been in a cop car before. :wacko:

Anyway everyone who knows me knows that i drive like an old lady 99% of the time and even i have mad moments with a heavy right foot :rolleyes:

Take it easy out there people, this is the first and last speeding offence i plan to have full stop :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leeky

• Bibbs

• sotal

• houston

Eeeeeeeeeek

There is no mercy :crybaby:

Cops obviosly will not do anything for hairy Lee :ph34r:

Hard Luck Leeky, that really sucks fella.

I bet the coppers sh*t it as well when I accidentally set your alarm off and they had to let you out to shut it off!hehe gotta love the child locks on the back doors!

Its really bad man, you are one of the most docile drivers I know, shame you got done. :(

dude!!!

frst rookey now u

Oi! I only got done for speeding once within the first 2 months of driving! :P

The reason I dont have a licence now is because I'm stooopid! :D

Not good news :(

Prepare yourself for the worst. The government are looking at changing the penalties soon. 30MPH zones may face harsher fines/points than say a 60 or 70 zone. 52 in a 30 under today's legislation will probably earn you around £150.00 and 6 points if not worse... And if it's going to court, prosecution will mention weather/road conditions too which could stack up against you as it was not nice out last night.

All the best and I hope they don't rip you too much of a new one :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that Leeky mate,

I got caught in December doing 49 in a 30 zone, :ph34r: he said I could pay the fine within 21 days or take it to court, he said that the speed I was going I was more likely to get a 6 month ban......................... so I coughed up the cash. ;)

Ash.

Thanks everyone, the copper was really a nice bloke and said not to worry - first offence ever and all.

He said the worst i can get is 6 points but its not likely. It was a really nice night in Reading, cold but most dry on the roads.

Im gonna take my licence etc down the station on Sat morning and then once the papers come through i'll just plead guilty and send it back with a cheque...

They got me fair and square :thumbsup:

when I was 17... er 10 years ago... I got caught doing 49 in a 30 in my dads V6GX Camry...

Pleaded guilty, didn't go to court 3points and £60 fine.

Sorry to hear that Leeky mate,

I got caught in December doing 49 in a 30 zone,  :ph34r: he said I could pay the fine within 21 days or take it to court, he said that the speed I was going I was more likely to get a 6 month ban.........................  so I coughed up the cash. ;)

Ash.

As in a bribe?.....

when I was 17... er 10 years ago... I got caught doing 49 in a 30 in my dads V6GX Camry...

Pleaded guilty, didn't go to court 3points and £60 fine.

:thumbsup: Good stuff, im hoping the extra 3mph i was doing wont matter and mine will be exactly the same ;)

My first offense was 1997 i was doing bang on 40mph because i thought it was 40, even the signs at the end of this long road was 40!.. But apparantly i got done in the 30mph zone because of the distance between the lamps :rolleyes: .

I got two points and £45 fine, glad i dont have those points on my license anymore

i hope to god i dont get anymore

think i was caught yesterday too... doing 45 in a 30 but they just looked at me and im probably alright since it looked like the old radar guns... plus i reakon they knew i wasnt gonna stop my lorry for them anyway lol

Leeky I reckon you will get 3 points and a £60 fine. Think it needs to be nearing on double the speed limit for a court appearance and ban! :thumbsup:

Im gonna take my licence etc down the station on Sat morning and then once the papers come through i'll just plead guilty and send it back with a cheque...

They got me fair and square  :thumbsup:

must say - its nice to see someone accept responsibility for theirs actions - well done.

makes a mostg refreshing change from the people looking for ways to worm out of a ticket.

Hard luck mate. If it`s any consolation i think you`ll get 3 points and 30 quid. As previously mentioned you`d have to be doing 30 over the posted limit for a ban.

Sharp learning curve tho innit. :(

must say - its nice to see someone accept responsibility for theirs actions - well done.

makes a mostg refreshing change from the people looking for ways to worm out of a ticket.

I'll second that :thumbsup:

Hope you don't get too harsh a penalty mate :(

must say i agree too!

unlucky dude, but nice to see someone say, i made a mistake, i own up, ill pay the penalty

instead of caught speeding! how do i wangle out of it :rolleyes:

was caught doin 54 in a 30 zone 4 years ago next month (comin off then) and was told by the cop that 55 is the cut off zone, has legislation changed or summit?

must say i agree too!

unlucky dude, but nice to see someone say, i made a mistake, i own up, ill pay the penalty

Yeah, mucho respect for the attitude on this...

still, its a shame that the rare occasion you put your foot down you get caught - Murphys law!

must say i agree too!

Yeah, mucho respect for the attitude on this...

still, its a shame that the rare occasion you put your foot down you get caught - Murphys law!

Sods law!!

The new laws were on TV the other day - Not sure when they start but it went something like this for a 30mph zone:

31-40 = 2points and £30 fine

41-45 = 3 points and £60 fine

46+ = 6 points and £100 fine

You can even watch the news article on the bbc site:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links