Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Even Leeky Makes Mistakes...

Leeky

did they lock all doors on the cop car so you cant get out , he-he treat like a gangsta :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leeky

• Bibbs

• sotal

• houston

Thanks everyone :thumbsup: Lets face it, i was caught red handed there isnt anything i can say that can save me from the punishment i deserve so i may as well just take what i got coming to me :lol:

The copper told me im gonna be ok, i wont get banned or anything.

He said the magistrates will give me up to 6 points and the fine shouldnt be any more than £150 at the most.

And yes they did have the child locks on when i was in the back of the omega :lol: Now i know what chavs feel like :D

Now i know what chavs feel like  :D

Its usually their form of transport...sod trains and cars, commit a crime and get a free ride!lol

Silly chavs!

The new laws were on TV the other day - Not sure when they start but it went something like this for a 30mph zone:

31-40 = 2points and £30 fine

they are going absolutely zero tolerance on speeding?

sorry - but thats just ridiculous.

Now - I am no fan of people who drive too fast, but this is downright dangerous.

how is people driving everywhere staring at their speedometer going to reduce accidents?

they are going absolutely zero tolerance on speeding?

sorry - but thats just ridiculous.

no they give you 1 mph! :lol:

Seriously though most cars are so far out you can probably do 35 without going over 31

was told from police that patrol cars give you 3mph over limit plus 10%,

eg 30mph+ 3mph +10% = 35mph before they stop you, if u get stopped doing under 35mph then you will win your appeal against it.

What the formula for cameras?

The Ice Cream van guy got fined + points for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone ...

Thought that was a bit harsh myself!

-Z

todays speed limits for dual carriageways an motorways are wayyy out of date in my opinion!

I've often thought that too. Most cars have greater breaking, and are built sturdier, better safety features etc, etc. But then the rules are meant to cater for everyone.

There are some awful cars (and drivers on the road). For example one could be an old banger that's barely held together, with a braking distance x2 or more of another car that's newer. Ideally the newer car should be allowed to go faster as it can cope with it it comparison to the older one.

However speed cameras don't discern between cars, I suppose human's could, but then they'd havta to take down the speed cameras, so NO CHANCE IN H**L of that, lol

-Z

What the formula for cameras?

The Ice Cream van guy got fined + points for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone ...

Thought that was a bit harsh myself!

-Z

no formula for cameras, if your flashed your fined, there supposed to be situated at safety concious points where speeding is very dangerous, ie schools, busy roads. however if it is a small amount over you can appeal stating 10% speedo inaccuracy.

no formula for cameras, if your flashed your fined, there supposed to be situated at safety concious points where speeding is very dangerous, ie schools, busy roads. however if it is a small amount over you can appeal stating 10% speedo inaccuracy.

the 10% goes out the window though as it's illegal to have a speedo that reads LOWER than your speed.

The 10% is only for reading HIGHER than your speed. So if you get done for 33, your speedo will be 33-36.3 mph.

Cops usually give you the 10%+2 to be "kind".

I think the idea with the new system is to get rid of that 10%+2 formula - From what I have read they are marketing this new "sliding scale" as being better for drivers because if you were going at 36 mph before you would get 3points and a fine, now you would only get 2 points and a £30 fine.

They are just "forgetting" to mention that before if you were going 34mph you would get away with it whereas now you will get 2 points and a £30 fine.

One of the other things to note with the new policy is that they have agreed to focus less on speeders and more on "real" car criminals - they are moving resources around which should mean less radar guns and speed vans, and more auto recognition systems to detect cars without tax, insurance or cloned/stolen.

, and more auto recognition systems to detect cars without tax, insurance or cloned/stolen.

Wehay!

I'd best get selling :yes:

I think the idea with the new system is to get rid of that 10%+2 formula - From what I have read they are marketing this new "sliding scale" as being better for drivers because if you were going at 36 mph before you would get 3points and a fine, now you would only get 2 points and a £30 fine.

And @ 2 points a pop .. they can get 6x£60 instead of 4x£60 before you lose your licence .. or is that just me being cynical.

6*£30 not 60 = £180

and it used to be 4*£60 = £240

So for low speed offences you will be £60 better off when you loose your licence :lol:

• 7 months later...

Got the fine today! 3points and £135 fine :) Thank god for that :rolleyes:

£135? That's a bit harsh. :( I thought 3 points was usually accompanied by the fixed penalty £60?

You do know about the 6 month timeout? (I think it applies in your case). :hokus-pokus:

£135? That's a bit harsh.  :(  I thought 3 points was usually accompanied by the fixed penalty £60?

You do know about the 6 month timeout? (I think it applies in your case).  :hokus-pokus:

I think that you should invest in a road angel :thumbsup: !

I know that there alot of money but it's worth it, because you've had to fork out for the fine plus I assume that you're insurance will increase to! Plus it doesn't matter how carefull you drive anymore, you can be pritty much guarenteed to get another ticket!

They also tell you the speed limit for the road that your on so that you will never be caught out, plus it will bleep at you if you go over it!

It also warns you of accident spots to!

I have one, and it's the best investment ever :thumbsup: !

Phew - at least it wasn't 6 points in the end. I wonder if they'll write to you with an offer to do a speed awareness course? Or is it too late for that?

I thought they did the courses instead of fines?

Could be wrong!

3 points, could have been worse Lee - and at least you've learnt your lesson now - I think people who say they've never speeded/sped (sic) are lying - we all have a heavy right foot from time to time!

I thought they did the courses instead of fines?

Could be wrong!

3 points, could have been worse Lee - and at least you've learnt your lesson now - I think people who say they've never speeded/sped (sic) are lying - we all have a heavy right foot from time to time!

Yeah - think I'm getting mixed up here. I've known a few people who were offered a speed awareness course. You still have to pay for it, but I think the points are revoked.

Bahhh just ignore me - sorry!

Thats some time delay, 8 months for it to come through???

Id look into what mikeb said about the 6month timeout!!

The situation you got pulled for is exactly what happened to me 2yr ago, driving through a 40mph zone which turned into a 30 and as soon as it did they got me with a speed gun, 52 in a 30, but i got the £60 fine and 3 points in the car, learnt my lesson though :thumbsup:

I got done for doing 72 in a 50 drop down on M'way... 3 points n £60 fine later and I've nearly got rid of it off my license :P hehe

[edit] was in the Yaris... about nearly 3 years ago now :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links