Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport 03 Plate Gearbox Noise

bert.tsport

by the way,  i asked my dealer to source me TTE springs and back box, ... no problem , but stated that TTE parts are no longer exempt from warranty penalties... even if they fitted them for labour charge of £500+ !!!!  :eek:  :eek:

anything deemed as a knock on problem from modifycation is not covered!!!

im leaving mine as it is..  :censor: ... still got 3 years warranty!  ITS A GOOD JOB REALLY....  :thumbsup:

bert i think you should phone toyota GB and found out for sure dont believe 100% toyota dealer say they do come out with bulls sometime .

i like to know whats going to happen with the cts's already fitted TTE parts and have 1,2 or 3 year warranty left,can toyota GB change the condition's of the warranty whenever they feel like ?.

it just seems like too much bother to me... ive had enough of being messed around. :(

any old excuse for them to wiggle out of warranty work.. if it stays as it is , at least they will foot the bill for fixing it for the next 3 years. :yes::yes:

bert :thumbsup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bert.tsport

• T128

• K19NE G

• St3ve

Top Posters In This Topic

ok bert i understand :thumbsup:

please understand after a new car has reach 3 years old you only get warranty on 2 things only,engine and gearbox any other parts will class as wear and tear so toyota will not pay they will say is wear and tear, i am telling you this beacuse i know when your car is three years old you will still have 2 years warranty on it.

my opinoin are extend warranty are a big rip off .

ps:if your gearbox does need repaired under warranty after the car is three years old you gonna have a battle in your hand with Mr toyota GB.

if this is how toyota GB wants to play then thats fine by me,only reason i use TTE parts in the first place beacuse of the warranty,now thats gone.i cant say i care ! lets bring on the BLITZ,HKS,TOM's,APEXI,K&N,etc.......... wonderful. :D :thumbsup:

ok bert i understand :thumbsup:

please understand after a new car has reach 3 years old you only get warranty on 2 things only,engine and gearbox any other parts will class as wear and tear  so toyota will not pay they will say is wear and tear, i am telling you this beacuse i know when your car is three years old you will still have 2 years warranty on it.

my opinoin are extend warranty are a big rip off .

ps:if your gearbox does need repaired under warranty after the car is three years old you gonna have a battle in your hand with Mr toyota GB.

if this is how toyota GB wants to play then thats fine by me,only reason i use TTE parts in the first place beacuse of the warranty,now thats gone.i cant say i care ! lets bring on the BLITZ,HKS,TOM's,APEXI,K&N,etc.......... wonderful. :D  :thumbsup:

yep, rip off.

anyways, i think i should start praising my car....

i will never sell it if i keep slating the cts... need to find someone to lure with the lift... and palm it off.... lol :lol:

what do you rekon its worth? 03 cts, t grey, 18k miles, 1 previous owner, 3dr, MANY NEW TOYOTA PARTS! :lol:

:thumbsup: bert

hey bert you will have no trouble selling your car,look at the forum new cts owner everyday :D :D :D

there are many people out there still believe toyota car have high standard and reliable engines and good service customer care's :D :D :D they are the people will fight to buy your car if you decide to sell :thumbsup: . :lol::lol::lol:

need to find someone to lure with the lift... and palm it off.... lol 

a little bit like diging a big hole put leave's all over to cover up the hole,then finish off by putting a couple 10 pound note's on top of it and wait for someone take the bait and fall down flat on there face. :D :D :D

what do you rekon its worth? 03 cts, t grey, 18k miles, 1 previous owner, 3dr, MANY NEW TOYOTA PARTS! 

i thinkyour 03 cts worth about 16k you have many new toyota parts in your car which is now no different from a new cts :thumbsup: :D in fact from my own experience with the cts from new till now, i can honestly say your car are better than any new cts,because whoever buy your car they dont need to visit toyota dealer for repaired's or need to put up with there attitude(mainly the idiots sit behind the desk of the toyota service department ) that itself is priceless wouldn't you agree :group-cuddles: :D

hey bert you will have no trouble selling your car,look at the forum new cts owner everyday :D  :D  :D

there are many people out there still believe toyota car have high standard and reliable engines and good service customer care's  :D  :D  :D  they are the people will fight to buy your car if you decide to sell  :thumbsup: . :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

need to find someone to lure with the lift... and palm it off.... lol 

a little bit like diging a big hole put leave's all over to cover up the hole,then finish off by putting a couple 10 pound note's on top of it and wait for someone take the bait and fall down flat on there face. :D :D :D

what do you rekon its worth? 03 cts, t grey, 18k miles, 1 previous owner, 3dr, MANY NEW TOYOTA PARTS! 

i thinkyour 03 cts worth about 16k you have many new toyota parts in your car which is now no different from a new cts :thumbsup: :D in fact from my own experience with the cts from new till now, i can honestly say your car are better than any new cts,because whoever buy your car they dont need to visit toyota dealer for repaired's or need to put up with there attitude(mainly the idiots sit behind the desk of the toyota service department ) that itself is priceless wouldn't you agree :group-cuddles: :D

lol :lol:

yeah, it drives really well... at the moment... !!! A GOOD BUY FOR SOMEONE... :yes:

the dealer i bought it off , offered me £9000 CASH, or £9500 trade in... but nothing back for extended warranty... :censor:

its gotta be worth £10,500 private sale as i can pass the extended warranty on for £20..

UPDATE:::: APPARENTLY IT IS NOW ONLY WORTH £7500 cash to toyota dealer!!!!!

any offers ???? £9000 and its yours...

Edited by bert.tsport

Keep it...You know you want to :drool:

I've had mine back now and had the gearbox done, it's still noisy, however thats just the way it is... :D

TTE Supercharger anyone ?

Keep it...You know you want to  :drool:

I've had mine back now and had the gearbox done, it's still noisy, however thats just the way it is... :D

TTE Supercharger anyone ?

mine is silent at the gearbox now, it was the clutch and assembly bits...

i drove to belgium in it last week, 5 up.. drove great.. thirsty though.. 23 mpg , average 58mph... ive done 1k miles since new clutch and still no grinding noise from transmission. ;)

get yourself a new clutch... you know you want too... :thumbsup:

7k ? tell them to go stick it .

bert if you really must sell your car then stick it on autotrader you should get around 8,500 or 9,000 for your car,i seen a few toyota dealer's are selling low to average mileage 03 cts for 12,999.

yes the tsport is 1800cc but it use petrol like a 2500cc :P when you put your foot down and get on the lift on a few gears watch the petrol gauge drop instantly in front your eyes :o :D :D

St3ve why wait for TTE supercharger BLITZ :thumbsup: make a supercharger for the 2zzge , if toyota no longer warranty TTE Parts, why buy TTE? if there are other company's make the same kind products.

Chop!

St3ve why wait for TTE supercharger BLITZ  :thumbsup: make a supercharger for the 2zzge , if toyota no longer warranty TTE Parts, why buy TTE? if there are other company's make the same kind products.

Didnt know about the TTE Warranty bit! :bye: May have to investigate Blitz... :bookworm:

hi.

test drove a 2001 "y" plate scooby impreza 2000 2.0 turbo awd 5 door in met green, one owner, 33k miles.... it is nice... sooo tempted... :yes:

the dealer wants £10,999 and he will give me £8,600 for my t sport..!!! :yes:

its alot to throw in though after 6mths... £3400 ...

what do i do... ? :help: how much better would my cts be with a few choice mods?

i think im going to stick two fingers up at warranty and go for it, thats if its worth it???????? :help: after all, i have new brakes, clutch, tyres, ecu and box bearings on cts... its as it was new apart from a couple of stone chips... im just worried about killing it, if its modded.. standard 189 bhp seems to do enough damage as it is.. :unsure:

:thumbsup: bert

bert i think you should drive the car for atlest 6 months before any major mod's done to your cts because i cant say for sure the fixed will last,drive the cts like you normaly drive any car if nothing seens to be going wrong ONLY then you can think about it :)

DONT touch a impreza if is not a WRX !.

DONT touch a skyline if is not GTR ! .

From what I read on this Forum the T Sport does not appear to live up to the Toyota reliability like the 1970's (yes I know they rusted bodily then :lol: ) 1980's or early to mid 1990's :yes: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links