Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: the insides of a RAV's workings....

Must off been a bit of time to remove the engine and other ancillaries.... :wacko:

Think insurance companies would take the easiest route...i.e. cost to fix and labour or right off and pay out.. ;) ;) ;)

Amazing photos fieldinsb. :thumbsup:

Seeing it all naked like that reminded me of the Terminator movies :robot:

I once seen a Micra on the back of a transporter with slight damage in the drivers side rear wheel area, I asked my mate in the garage and he said it was off to the scrappies, a write-off. It didn't look much but the cost of repair was beyond the value of the car. I can see that on a Micra, your T180 must have been border-line.

Anyway hope the repairs progress well :thumbsup:

When I spoke to the chap repairing it, he was actually just finishing checking everything on the jig. Next was off to the spray shop. That was Wednesday, so hopefully will have some painted pictures soon. Think I should have it back in about 2 weeks, as everything is just down to rebuilding. The chap I'm using is very meticulous, and has repaired cars such as Ferrari's and Aston's before. One guy had a Honda S2000 repaired by him and the main dealer couldnt tell that it had been damaged - the repair was better than the one's covered by insurance companies!! So I'm hoping that Mr T wont be able to tell and will cover everything under warrantee!!

When I spoke to the chap repairing it, he was actually just finishing checking everything on the jig. Next was off to the spray shop. That was Wednesday, so hopefully will have some painted pictures soon. Think I should have it back in about 2 weeks, as everything is just down to rebuilding. The chap I'm using is very meticulous, and has repaired cars such as Ferrari's and Aston's before. One guy had a Honda S2000 repaired by him and the main dealer couldnt tell that it had been damaged - the repair was better than the one's covered by insurance companies!! So I'm hoping that Mr T wont be able to tell and will cover everything under warrantee!!

It's good to know your T180 is in such good hands :thumbsup:

Some interior shots of the RAV......

DSCF0227.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

Also I've never played a cassette in the player either....don't think' I've got any...just use the 6 disk cd changer....

Here's another oldie...A mate was cleaning out his garage today and found his old 8 track player...and a box of cassette's :!Removed!: but I'm bound by secrecy as to what they are.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eight Tracks were amazing :o :o

I'm sad and I'm proud :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave. ;)

Edit, nice interior shots :thumbsup:

Amazing pics!!

I must have been thinking along the same lines as Fuji - but mine was for Transformers!! :robot:

As for tapes, I thought you'd have been a reel to reel man myself Dave!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well done Chatman for posting more pics - might do a few "arty" interior shots myself now............ :artist:

Amazing pics!!

I must have been thinking along the same lines as Fuji - but mine was for Transformers!! :robot:

As for tapes, I thought you'd have been a reel to reel man myself Dave!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well done Chatman for posting more pics - might do a few "arty" interior shots myself now............ :artist:

Paul, back in the late 70's (when I was a lad) reel 2 reel's were state of the art, and the 8 track in my

mates dad granada sounded awesome :lol::lol::lol:

Dave :D (young codger)

Would be nice to see the interior of a T180....and other new shape RAV's.....

Talking of old stuff...I think somewhere amongst all the spiders and cob webs in my loft...I have a box of crassest's that contains the first...yes first "Now That's What I Call Music" Double Cassette....

Nice photo's Chatman :thumbsup:

What's stuck on the windscreen? Is it a Road Angel unit?

I can't say I remember seeing an Eight Track but my uncle stored a Reel to Reel at our house, which my brother and I had great fun with as kids, unravelling all the tapes :lol::lol:

He also stored a Cine camera, projector, the full works with us and when I was a bit older I remember shooting some holiday movies with the camera :rolleyes:

That was back in the day when the first video cameras took two people to carry!

God I'm getting old! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, by the way, my uncle's car was a red Granada (straight out of the Sweeney) with a black vinyl roof. As kid's we thought it was the bee's knee's. :D Especially the (manual) sunroof! B)

I can't say I remember seeing an Eight Track but my uncle stored a Reel to Reel at our house, which my brother and I had great fun with as kids, unravelling all the tapes :lol::lol:

He also stored a Cine camera, projector, the full works with us and when I was a bit older I remember shooting some holiday movies with the camera :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way, my uncle's car was a red Granada (straight out of the Sweeney) with a black vinyl roof. As kid's we thought it was the bee's knee's. :D Especially the (manual) sunroof! B)

HA HA reading this... Remember back in school days, a mate's dad being the first to get a VHS player (Top Loading), you know the one with the remote (well on a metre long lead) and big push buttons...When we turned it on and ejected the tape I'm dam sure all the lights dimmed and the noise it made rewinding was very loud.....

The box suckered to the front windscreen is a Snooper GPS radar detector.... :P :P ...just to give me some warning before the dreaded Yellow boxes loom into view.. :eek: :eek:

HA HA reading this... Remember back in school days, a mate's dad being the first to get a VHS player (Top Loading), you know the one with the remote (well on a metre long lead) and big push buttons...When we turned it on and ejected the tape I'm dam sure all the lights dimmed and the noise it made rewinding was very loud.....

The box suckered to the front windscreen is a Snooper GPS radar detector.... :P :P ...just to give me some warning before the dreaded Yellow boxes loom into view.. :eek: :eek:

God yes I remember those VHS players! We had one in work when I was an apprentice. It took two of us to move it and we were convinced that it was steam powered with a old bucket steam trap at the back it made that much noise. :lol::lol:

God yes I remember those VHS players! We had one in work when I was an apprentice. It took two of us to move it and we were convinced that it was steam powered with a old bucket steam trap at the back it made that much noise. :lol::lol:

:offtopic:

Do you remember marvelling at the fact you were watching something that had been on the TV about an hour earlier, yet you were still able to watch it!!!!

My parents were so poor they couldn't afford to buy one so we rented ours from Radio Rentals!!!!!!

If you'd have mentioned something like Sky+ back then you'd have been burned at the stake for being a witch!!! :hokus-pokus:

Anyway, back on topic, I'll post some pics of the interior of mine this weekend, once I've de-cluttered the interior!

Do you remember marvelling at the fact you were watching something that had been on the TV about an hour earlier, yet you were still able to watch it!!!!

My parents were so poor they couldn't afford to buy one so we rented ours from Radio Rentals!!!!!!

If you'd have mentioned something like Sky+ back then you'd have been burned at the stake for being a witch!!! :hokus-pokus:

Anyway, back on topic, I'll post some pics of the interior of mine this weekend, once I've de-cluttered the interior!

:band: "its great service you get renting your colour set frommmmmmm granada :band:

ah yes remember those granada and radio rental days like they were yesterday :lol::lol:

I'm sad and I'm proud :D

Dave.

:band: "its great service you get renting your colour set frommmmmmm granada :band:

ah yes remember those granada and radio rental days like they were yesterday :lol::lol:

I'm sad and I'm proud :D

Dave.

And everything you rented was made by Ferguson!!!!

And everything you rented was made by Ferguson!!!!

Sir Alex ? :lol::lol:

Dave ;)

HA top the lot.....AMSTRAD come on you all remember them.....

That's way back when I thought "what's a guy who makes sugar doing in computers????" DOH

ATARI My dad brought us the game console...top loading with games the size of bricks and that tennis game :lol: :lol: also the racing game as well where the car moved but the track just rotated and the others were fixed.....

Sorry what was this topic about again....(must be a record for most off topic)

Dear God, We are a sad bunch! :lol::lol::lol:..........and proud of it :lol::lol: ;)

I remember all of them. And the Sinclair's, never had one but the little grey cells can still picture the little grey buttons.

I was hopeless with my brother's Atari, still am with computer games! :rolleyes:

Atari's, now there was a fixture of my youf !!!! :)

It had to be Asteroids for me everytime!!!

Do you remember playing Space Invaders on one of the table top consoles (usually in the "family room at the local pub or in a chippy) with your mate sat across the other side!!!

Way, way off topic now, sorry!!!! :P

Memories............................... :offtopic:

Atari's, now there was a fixture of my youf !!!! :)

It had to be Asteroids for me everytime!!!

Do you remember playing Space Invaders on one of the table top consoles (usually in the "family room at the local pub or in a chippy) with your mate sat across the other side!!!

Way, way off topic now, sorry!!!! :P

Memories............................... :offtopic:

And and............. the BBC and Acorn computers !!!

Spent hours in College learning how to type some sort of code into those machines, so that at the end of the lesson a dot moved across the screen and it went "bling"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was always happier with heavier engineering and a big hammer in my hand! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Spent hours in College learning how to type some sort of code into those machines, so that at the end of the lesson a dot moved across the screen and it went "bling"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was always happier with heavier engineering and a big hammer in my hand! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Yea I was always taught in my cabinet making apprenticeship "if it don't fit make it" :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Hey Fuj, are you and I in the same game (mechanical engineering) ?

Dave ;)

Hey Fuj, are you and I in the same game (mechanical engineering) ?

Dave ;)

Hi Dave,

I trained has a mechy fitter but at the end of my apprenticeship there were no jobs for us mechies, so the company asked us if we would like to become operators, on shift, instead. We grapped their hand's off and haven't looked back since.

Now I only get the big spanners out at work if I really need to or if I want to. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links