Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Answers To Random Questions!

Jamesb4uk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boro Sera

• cfc1

• Hou

• Demonic Angel

It isn’t……..not heard about the "Four corners of the world?" :P :lol:

Same theme.

Why is a boxing “ring” square? :unsure:

I can answer the boxing ring one:

The name ring is an atavism from when contests were fought in a roughly drawn circle on the ground, the name ring continued with the jack Broughton rules (1743) specifying a small circle in the centre of the fight area where the boxers met at the start of each round. The first square ring was introduced by the Pugilistic Society in 1838, the ring was specified as 24 feet square and bound by two ropes.

Thanks to the Wiki for that one. :D

Ok, my question:

Why do you not get a 'B' sized Battery?

you get A, AA, AAA, C, D. But no B?

There is - you just cant see it as theyre soooooo small :lol:

Question - Why did the chicken cross the road?

J

"B" size batteries were once relatively common. Old type "B" batteries were once used in tube type portable radios. There was also an "A" Battery to power the tube filament. The "B" Battery had a relatively high voltage - from 22.5 Volts to over 90 Volts. The "A" Battery was a lower voltage battery 1.5 Volts to 9 Volts. You can still find these in antique shops.

Question - Why did the chicken cross the road?

To attend a road traffic and safety for farm animals conference.

Why do Planes create vapour trails?

Why do Planes create vapour trails?

Because they sweat a lot, flying's hard work you know?

It's acceptable to go to the pub for dinner while you're working & have a couple of pints, yet you can't sit at your desk eating your dinner with a couple of tinnies. Why?

Actually I can at my work.... our refridgerated serve room has lots of "emergency" beer :lol::lol::thumbsup:

No, really.. it does! Ok its a true answer, but kinda silly..... perhapsa better answer would have been that the alcohol vapouts from an open tinny at a desk effects the incredibly sensitive noses of the small rodents that drive the tread mills inside office machinary (printers, pcs etc). this causes the rodents to run in reverse, which has the effect of making all printers print in mirror writing, and only being able to use the keyboard when upside down, (duct tapeing to the underside of the desk can help here).

Strangely enough alcohol vapour on your breath after a grogalog session down the local at luch does not have this effect.

HTH. :thumbsup:

Question: why was it the dryest summer on record when my supra was broken, now its fixed its ****** it down at perfect intervals to keep the roads wet at all times?

Why are Buildings called Buildings when they are already built?

Why are road works called that when they clearly don't work?

Why do we say in a movie and on tv?

Question: why was it the dryest summer on record when my supra was broken, now its fixed its ****** it down at perfect intervals to keep the roads wet at all times?

because the red indian's get too hot doing rain dance's in summer :lol:

Q- why does my garage roof only leak when it rain's ?

Cause if it was a round box and you dropped it, the box could roll away and you'd loose your pizza.

What was New York City called before it was big enough to be classed as a city???

A wasp.. cos they look better in Spandex.

Whatever happened to Kajagoogoo?

They got haircuts and became accountants.

Why do we say "clean as a whistle"? (how clean is spit?)

"B" size batteries were once relatively common. Old type "B" batteries were once used in tube type portable radios. There was also an "A" battery to power the tube filament. The "B" battery had a relatively high voltage - from 22.5 Volts to over 90 Volts. The "A" battery was a lower voltage battery 1.5 Volts to 9 Volts. You can still find these in antique shops.

I think at college we worked out that the actual voltage output of the Battery can be converted into binary and then into hex and then gives you the value such as 'A', 'AA' etc hence the value that they are.

I'm pretty much positive of this, but I can't find nothing and I can't be ubikd to work it out ....... it might also be utter crap :unsure:

Anyway :yawn:

not very.. how clean would you be with Bob Carolgees hand up your watsit?

How bright is a button?

"B" size batteries were once relatively common. Old type "B" batteries were once used in tube type portable radios. There was also an "A" battery to power the tube filament. The "B" battery had a relatively high voltage - from 22.5 Volts to over 90 Volts. The "A" battery was a lower voltage battery 1.5 Volts to 9 Volts. You can still find these in antique shops.

I think at college we worked out that the actual voltage output of the Battery can be converted into binary and then into hex and then gives you the value such as 'A', 'AA' etc hence the value that they are.

I'm pretty much positive of this, but I can't find nothing and I can't be ubikd to work it out ....... it might also be utter crap :unsure:

Anyway :yawn:

battery sizes - clicky!

Well as A, AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D, N, all have a voltage of 1.5V, yeah, utter crap I'm sorry. :blink:

Buttons aren't bright at all. I've never seen one winning Mastermind for example !

Crackerjack....................rubbish or nostalgic glow ?

Neither, it's an old firework. :P

Why do sheep follow each other... like sheep?

battery sizes - clicky!

Well as A, AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D, N, all have a voltage of 1.5V, yeah, utter crap I'm sorry. :blink:

From the above site

New battery chemistries have strained the original common naming conventions. In all old batteries the voltages were in increments of 1.5 volts, which reflected the number of individual cells in the battery

:P :lol::rolleyes: ;)

Didn't have NiCd and NiMH in my college days

I win the fish :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links