Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

prob biased due to my car, but I think the RAV4.2 is the best of all the three styles.

I have only driven an old style CR-V (weighing it up between CR-V and HR-V) and wasn't that impressed with it TBH.

I would love a split tailgate - like the range rovers used to have (and still have?). Or maybe even just an opening top glass would be good. Think Toyota maybe missed a trick there on the RAV4.3, considering the CRVs and other cars in the class had that for years

prob biased due to my car, but I think the RAV4.2 is the best of all the three styles.

I have only driven an old style CR-V (weighing it up between CR-V and HR-V) and wasn't that impressed with it TBH.

I would love a split tailgate - like the range rovers used to have (and still have?). Or maybe even just an opening top glass would be good. Think Toyota maybe missed a trick there on the RAV4.3, considering the CRVs and other cars in the class had that for years

07 CRV has lost the glass split (that caused some grief belief me!!), but took the wheel off the back. Win some loose some :)

I've noticed that the rear bumper valance flaps about in the wind on some Fords. The plastic is very thin.
I've noticed this on the 2nd gen (I think) Mondeos especially - flapping about so much it looks about to tear off :eek:

Oh, this just wasn't a plastic trim on the Kuga I seen, it was the whole of the rear of the car :o I could see the rear roof line bobbing up and down in a most uncontrolled way :eek:

I think after a long journey anybody in the rear seats would feel most sea-sick! :boat::sick:

That Lada is nicer looking than a RAV! Any French involvement puts me off as well though Fuj'

Oh yes! :help::lol:

Maybe his support rings had got flats on them :D :D :D

OK time to get your cheque books out (and you Fuji :unsure: :unsure: )

New pictures of BMW X3.....

28888122447.jpg

28888123114.jpg

More images HERE

Our spies have caught some great shots of the new BMW X3 in near-production form.

The prototype shows how the X3 will take much of its styling from the new BMW X5. Both the window line and the treatment of front and rear lights are very derivative of the X5, as are the high boot line and bonnet rakes leading back from the radiator grille.

The pictures also makes clear that the X3 has grown significantly in length compared to the current car.

When it goes on sale in 2010 it will be taking place in an enlarged BMW family, with the new BMW X1 sitting below it in the range. Sources inside BMW claim that the car will be 4.7 metres long - up 0.2 metres on the current model.

The new X3 will ride on a new platform derived from that of the current 3-Series, featuring the ‘xDrive’ and torque vectoring systems that are already offered on the BMW X6.

We’ve also learned that BMW is working on the development of a hybrid version, which is likely to use similar technology to the X5 Vision concept shown at the Geneva show. Other models in the range will be powered by engines familiar from other BMW products, including twin-turbo 3.0-litre diesel and petrol units.

There are no official launch dates set for the new BMW X3, which will compete with new models such as the Mercedes GLK and Audi Q5, but expect it to hit the showrooms in early 2010 after the X1 goes on sale in 2009.

Cheque Books? BMW? Nah - that is an Oxymoron far as I am concerned :)

I do like that colour scheme though - I think more beemers should look like that.

This is my favourite BMW, the chinese have even disabled the indicators and removed all the mirrors :lol:

fake_BMW_X5.jpg

OK time to get your cheque books out (and you Fuji :unsure: :unsure: )

I think by the time they have "adjusted" the price to make room for the X1, it'll need a lottery win, not just a cheque book! :P

Nissan to build new Baby Quasi thingy majig name what ever

1558810466.jpg

Edit: oops forgot this,

car_photo_279207_25.jpg

car_photo_279210_25.jpg

The wraps are off the new Toyota Avensis! In a surprise move, the Japanese firm has released an official picture of its new Ford Mondeo rival, which is set to make its debut at next month’s Paris Motor Show.

With tough competition from the Vauxhall Insignia, too, the Avensis needs to raise its game, offering slicker styling, a sharper driving experience and better quality. And it is set to do just that with a look that’s more sporty than its predecessor – the car’s sweeping roofline is reminiscent of the VW Passat and there are neat, squared-off tail-lights.

The model will be built in the UK at Toyota’s Burnaston plant in Derbyshire, and go on sale in January 2009. The engine line-up will feature units that are both more powerful and emit less carbon dioxide than at present. Toyota says that the model will retain the ‘refinement and equipment levels that are an Avensis hallmark’. As well as the saloon pictured here, hatchback and estate models are expected.

Joining the Avensis on Toyota’s stand in Paris will be the rugged Urban Cruiser. It was originally shown in concept form at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year, but the chunky-looking urban SUV will appear at the Paris expo in production-ready form. Under the bonnet, a 1.4-litre D-4D diesel engine means CO2 emissions of only 133g/km for the four-wheel-drive version.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Avensis looks like the Mondeo to me.

Can't wait to see the Urban Cruiser - wonder if there will be an auto option?

See the Urban Cruiser at the motor show.... looks very nice :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

See this the other day.....Fuji I've found a Hummer I can afford....even has plenty of room to fit my golf clubs in as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IMG00212.jpg

IMG00213.jpg

IMG00214.jpg

See this the other day.....Fuji I've found a Hummer I can afford....even has plenty of room to fit my golf clubs in as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IMG00212.jpg

With the weather we are having recently, you'll have to something with it's roof! :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

See this the other day.....Fuji I've found a Hummer I can afford....even has plenty of room to fit my golf clubs in as well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMG00212.jpg

With the weather we are having recently, you'll have to something with it's roof! :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

That will be the chinese soft-top clone

99885364.jpg998853717.jpg

"GM will unveil its Chevrolet Orlando concept at the Paris motor show, the car maker announced today.

Based on the Delta platform that underpins the new Cruze, the compact seven-seater crossover is powered by a two-litre four-cylinder diesel engine and bears stark similarities to the Chevy Tacuma that was caught testing recently. It combines both SUV and MPV design themes.

The overall design is bolder than any of the current Chevrolets out there and the wrap-around headlights and new two-tier grille are key to this.

From the picture, the interior looks stylish and modern and clearly borrows elements seen in other European GM products such as the Vauxhall Insignia."

998845349.jpg99884014.jpg

"Mini has finally taken the covers off its new four-wheel-drive model with this, the Crossover Concept.

The Crossover is being used to preview Mini’s new ‘urban off-roader’, the fourth model in the line-up, ahead of its UK launch in early 2010.

At 4135mm long, 1830mm wide and 1598mm high, it is bigger all round than the Mini Clubman, which donates much of its styling to its four-wheel drive sibling. The Crossover’s 2606mm wheelbase is also 61mm longer, providing scope for greater interior space as well as a slightly larger and more practical boot.

While it adopts the same retro look of existing Minis, the Crossover Concept has been given fresh visual appeal. The exterior takes on a considerably bolder appearance than the Clubman, with a prominent three-slat chromed grille and big, high-set headlamps dominating at the front end.

Autocar sources in Germany have long suggested that the production version of the Crossover Concept will retain the same transverse engine layout as existing Minis, with a Getrag-developed four-wheel drive system to channel drive to the rear wheels.

Prototype mules caught testing by Autocar’s spy photographers in recent months back up this line of thinking.

Continuing the styling theme established on the Clubman, Mini has given the Crossover Concept an asymmetrical body with unusual doors. The right-hand side has two short but conventional front-hinged frameless doors and an exposed B-pillar, but the left-hand side has a longer frameless front door and a stubby rear door with a parallelogram hinge and does away with the B-pillar altogether.

At the rear is a frameless one-piece tailgate that hinges sideways from the right to reveal a flat boot. The rear window can be wound down to allow long objects to extend out beyond the rear door.

Mini is remaining tight-lipped on whether this particular layout will be seen on production versions of the SUV.

Inside, the Crossover Concept features a four-seat layout with individual sliding rear seats that can fold flat to extend boot space.

Departing from the traditional dashboard design, the Crossover also gets what Mini calls a ‘Centre Globe’. Using laser projectors, the new display — which replaces the Mini’s centre dial — controls the entertainment, telecommuniction and navigation systems.

Although the car was expected to be called Crossman, Mini says the production version will be badged as a Mini Cross, the title under which it has been developed at BMW’s R&D centre in Munich."

Hate to think how much this will cost! :o

imagine all the estate agent boards you could fit into that :P :P :P

Country houses down leafy lanes will be all up for sale now....

imagine all the estate agent boards you could fit into that :P :P :P

Country houses down leafy lanes will be all up for sale now....

I was really hoping the "Credit Crunch" would prevent this being produced, looks like i am going to be disappointed!

Looks like there will be many 3dr Mini's being chopped in soon, no doubt it will be a very good car, as to whether i would want to be seen in one, unlikely :lol:

The Avensis looks like the Mondeo to me.

Can't wait to see the Urban Cruiser - wonder if there will be an auto option?

See the Urban Cruiser at the motor show.... looks very nice :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

IMG00212.jpg

IMG00213.jpg

IMG00214.jpg

Look like it has advanced technology....could it be a new TATA :lol::lol::lol: :)

"GM will unveil its Chevrolet Orlando concept at the Paris motor show, the car maker announced today.

Based on the Delta platform that underpins the new Cruze, the compact seven-seater crossover is powered by a two-litre four-cylinder diesel engine and bears stark similarities to the Chevy Tacuma that was caught testing recently. It combines both SUV and MPV design themes.

The overall design is bolder than any of the current Chevrolets out there and the wrap-around headlights and new two-tier grille are key to this.

From the picture, the interior looks stylish and modern and clearly borrows elements seen in other European GM products such as the Vauxhall Insignia."

A bit Kuga like ? :rolleyes:

Before it goes into production, i will call it the "Also Ran", within Europe, if it goes to America they might buy it. They will probably be about $10,000 each.

Thinking the same thing myself! :yes:

Before it goes into production, i will call it the "Also Ran", within Europe, if it goes to America they might buy it. They will probably be about $10,000 each.

I won't be quite so dismissive.

I've seen more Chevy Captiva's on the road than it's sister model Vauxhall Antara.

True, I haven't seen many of either but they have mainly been Captiva's and when you consider they are priced just under £17,000 to £24,000 verses the Antara's £21,000 to over £26,000 (before discounts :lol: ), Chevy's low pricing for lots of metal policy, work's for a lot of people.

If priced at the right level, some people will think the Kuga and Tiguan are very expensive when compared to the Chevy Orlando.

I won't be quite so dismissive.

I've seen more Chevy Captiva's on the road than it's sister model Vauxhall Antara.

True, I haven't seen many of either but they have mainly been Captiva's and when you consider they are priced just under £17,000 to £24,000 verses the Antara's £21,000 to over £26,000 (before discounts :lol: ), Chevy's low pricing for lots of metal policy, work's for a lot of people.

If priced at the right level, some people will think the Kuga and Tiguan are very expensive when compared to the Chevy Orlando.

By coincidence Fuj, at the weekend I read an Arnold Clark advert in the paper. 58 reg Antara's £14K, save £7K. :eek:

By coincidence Fuj, at the weekend I read an Arnold Clark advert in the paper. 58 reg Antara's £14K, save £7. :eek:

When will they learn that overpriced just will not sell :angry: ..........unless you have a real flashy Badge! :lol::lol:

.......Mini’s new ‘urban off-roader’.......

What on earth does that actually mean??? That you park on the grass verges?? My better half went "urban off roading" and ended up with a €40 fine!

.......Mini’s new ‘urban off-roader’.......

What on earth does that actually mean??? That you park on the grass verges?? My better half went "urban off roading" and ended up with a €40 fine!

‘urban off-roader’ - Crashing up Kerbs outside the school gates ignoring everyone around you and parking on the yellow no parking signs

Bad luck on the fine, the cheek of it, i doubt the parking was really upsetting anyone :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links