Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

4.4 or 4.3 facelift ????????

rav-2.jpg

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

Dunno but LH won't be impressed with the square barrow handles - too short and uncomfortable to hold :unsure:

This one is being hailed as the next challenge to the Rav 4's crown, and its going to be available with the 2.5 ST engine. What do you think ?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/ai...o_218524_51.jpg

Cheers,

Dave.

It's plug ugly and it has that nasty little Ford Badge on the front. Certainly wouldn't swap my RAV for one. ;)

It's got a spare wheel. (the Rav)

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think only for the US market where the customer is king. I think we've seen the last of spare wheels.

It's got a spare wheel. (the Rav)

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think only for the US market where the customer is king. I think we've seen the last of spare wheels.

That is me gone to Honda or similar then next time around.

I don't do dirty Devon lanes and tracks without something as basic as a proper spare wheel. Rather more practical than fancy cup holders.

Given the general contempt here for run flats is it time for a poll on their desirability and for the result to be sent to Mr T? He won't listen but we would feel better!

Mike D

Can't comment on other areas of the UK, but in these parts I have seen very little of the Toyota Urban Cruiser.

I've also noticed also that its no longer in that TV advert where one model peels off to reveal the next. Has it

flopped ?

A86327BC5ADEAC851CEB0A8C25D81.jpg

Maybe Toyota should have brought in their Scion XB model instead, after all they do look rather similar.

03-2008-scion-xb-customized.jpg

More images here -

http://uk.autoblog.com/photos/2008-scion-xb-3/1336477/

I was driving behind one the other day....had to look twice to make sure I know what it was.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I rather like them....looks like a mini RAV......

But the price they where asking was a bit off mark though...

I think Toyota have really done a BoBo with the Urbancuiser, the diesel version is far too overpriced for what you get. I have had a test-drive of the petrol version ( the main dealer over-here has never had a diesel version as a test car) what a load of rubbish the petrol version is!!!!

To go on to a different subject I was in my main dealers this morning (day off!!!!!) and was looking at the facelifted 4.3Rav, but the salesman told me that they are bringing the 4.4 version out later this year(2010) and he could not understand why they where so late in the day facelifting the current 4.3 version. I must admit I was a little bit gobsmacked as I get Autocar and Autoexpre ss most weeks and in their lists of new model cars the Rav4 is defo not mentioned Does anybody know any the wiser?

Regards Clare

To go on to a different subject I was in my main dealers this morning (day off!!!!!) and was looking at the facelifted 4.3Rav, but the salesman told me that they are bringing the 4.4 version out later this year(2010) and he could not understand why they where so late in the day facelifting the current 4.3 version. I must admit I was a little bit gobsmacked as I get Autocar and Autoexpre ss most weeks and in their lists of new model cars the Rav4 is defo not mentioned Does anybody know any the wiser?

Regards Clare

Hi Clare, have a look at post 674, might be a step for a hint ???

• 3 weeks later...

This is the RAV revision for later this year. I believe it has been brought forward to June.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=107212

Its not really a 4.4 as it is mainly cosmetic revisions added to the 2009 engineering changes.

I think you can forget about spare wheels altogether. They will become a thing of the past on most brands.

I think you can forget about spare wheels altogether. They will become a thing of the past on most brands.

Most versions of the Prius have a spare wheel. :yahoo::yahoo::lol::thumbsup:

Come on Anchorman, you know you want one. :lol::lol:

But the RAV's have a working break Pedal....so I'll rather have this first...... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

You may have a spare wheel on your Prius Fuji, but where will you store this.. :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup: Stew

Ships Anchor

Aus105.jpg

But the RAV's have a working break Pedal....so I'll rather have this first...... :P :P :P
You may have a spare wheel on your Prius Fuji, but where will you store this.. :D :D :D :thumbsup: Stew

Ships Anchor

I was expecting such a response and last night at work I had a cracking reply all lined up :naughty::laughing:

But can I remember it now.......can I heck'ers like! :P :lol:

Old age and night shifts a terrible combination. :wheelchair::yawn::laughing:

How you doing lads? Nice to see the RAV section is still fun filled and rarely on topic. :toast:

:thumbsup:

I was expecting such a response and last night at work I had a cracking reply all lined up :naughty::laughing:

But can I remember it now.......can I heck'ers like! :P :lol:

Old age and night shifts a terrible combination. :wheelchair::yawn::laughing:

How you doing lads? Nice to see the RAV section is still fun filled and rarely on topic. :toast:

:thumbsup:

We have too keep up with the banter...otherwise members would try and sneak in other things like Nedflanders and Honka's....(which I see commented on in another RAV topic....you know who you are :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: ) and the rule of thumb on here is...keep on topic first couple of replies then it's a free for all and then LocalHero can share with us his sometimes varied photo collection or google an image that befits the topic... :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We have too keep up with the banter...otherwise members would try and sneak in other things like Nedflanders and Honka's....(which I see commented on in another RAV topic....you know who you are :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: )

:eek: :o :censor: :wacko: Disgraceful!

Send in the Ninja's, Chatman! :ph34r::ph34r::donatello::ph34r::ph34r:

and the rule of thumb on here is...keep on topic first couple of replies then it's a free for all and then LocalHero can share with us his sometimes varied photo collection or google an image that befits the topic... :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just the way it should be. :group-cuddles: :lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was down at the Mercedes dealers yesterday ( my Mum was taking delivery of her new Smart Four-two) and was interested to see in the workshop a GLK - left hand drive (they don,t do a right hand drive version yet). Apparently they are coming to UK in a years time right hand drive, It looks like a blown up version of a C-class but is set to rival the Q5,X3 and the Rav4. it looks in my opnion quite a tasty small SUV both outside and inside (he didn,t allow me to sit in it ). Looking at the prices for it in Germany in Euros it won,t be cheap,but it will probably have BMW and Audi looking over their shoulders

Regards Clare

• 4 weeks later...

I see it comes from a French drawing board which makes me wary;

Mitsubishi Motors and PSA Peugeot Citroen Begin a New Collaboration on a Compact SUV

Tokyo / Paris, April 27, 2010-Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and PSA Peugeot Citroën have announced today that the parties have come to an agreement to start a new collaborative project regarding a compact SUV.

This agreement provides for the development and adaptation for both the Peugeot and Citroën marques of a compact SUV, based on an existing Mitsubishi platform.

Launched early 2012 in Europe, these new compact SUVs will have specific designs for Peugeot and Citroën while sharing many components with the Mitsubishi vehicle, named RVR in Japan and ASX in Europe.

These vehicles will be available in both four- and two-wheel drive. The projected volume for Peugeot and Citroën will reach 50,000 units per year for both brands.

Under the agreement, PSA Peugeot Citroën will use its 1.6 HDi diesel engine for its own models. CO2 emissions with this engine will be particularly low for this type of vehicle, targeting, for the two-wheel drive version, 123g CO2 / km or less than 4.7 litres per 100km.

For PSA Peugeot Citroën, the new vehicles will expand the ranges of both Peugeot and Citroën and attract new customers in a market segment that is expected to grow worldwide by almost 60% by 2015.

For Mitsubishi Motors, the additional volume will enable it to bolster production of this platform, allowing it to enjoy benefits of economies of scale.

This is the 4th cooperative project between the two partners, after the SUV Mitsubishi Outlander, Peugeot 4007 and Citroën C-Crosser agreement in 2005, the construction of a joint plant in Russia that has just been inaugurated, and the European launch in late 2010 of the Peugeot iOn and Citroën C-zero electric vehicles, based on MMC's Japanese i-MiEV* model.

*Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle, based on the "i" minicar

I see it comes from a French drawing board which makes me wary;

Mitsubishi Motors and PSA Peugeot Citroen Begin a New Collaboration on a Compact SUV

Tokyo / Paris, April 27, 2010-Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and PSA Peugeot Citroën have announced today that the parties have come to an agreement to start a new collaborative project regarding a compact SUV.

This agreement provides for the development and adaptation for both the Peugeot and Citroën marques of a compact SUV, based on an existing Mitsubishi platform.

Launched early 2012 in Europe, these new compact SUVs will have specific designs for Peugeot and Citroën while sharing many components with the Mitsubishi vehicle, named RVR in Japan and ASX in Europe.

These vehicles will be available in both four- and two-wheel drive. The projected volume for Peugeot and Citroën will reach 50,000 units per year for both brands.

Under the agreement, PSA Peugeot Citroën will use its 1.6 HDi diesel engine for its own models. CO2 emissions with this engine will be particularly low for this type of vehicle, targeting, for the two-wheel drive version, 123g CO2 / km or less than 4.7 litres per 100km.

For PSA Peugeot Citroën, the new vehicles will expand the ranges of both Peugeot and Citroën and attract new customers in a market segment that is expected to grow worldwide by almost 60% by 2015.

For Mitsubishi Motors, the additional volume will enable it to bolster production of this platform, allowing it to enjoy benefits of economies of scale.

This is the 4th cooperative project between the two partners, after the SUV Mitsubishi Outlander, Peugeot 4007 and Citroën C-Crosser agreement in 2005, the construction of a joint plant in Russia that has just been inaugurated, and the European launch in late 2010 of the Peugeot iOn and Citroën C-zero electric vehicles, based on MMC's Japanese i-MiEV* model.

*Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle, based on the "i" minicar

Mmmmm.........Considered the Outlander before settling on the RAV. Overall impression then was style over substance. Tailgate arrangement was excellent though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links