Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

Hi Dave, yep Scott Cummings was one of the first Rav guys to have his own webpage. Anything on the tecky side of the Rav he was relly on the ball,( wev,e got our own Guru Anchorman). He did not like the 4.3 model when it saw light of day and sadly is a QQ man now.His input into their forum is massive and is always on the ball. He finished up with the QQ 2ltrdci 4 wheel drive, top of the range one. Sadly TOC and R4W loss

Clare

Yeh I've read some of his threads on the QQ forum, seems a top bloke. ;)

Stop it your making me blush.gif, Anyway thanks for the comments guys. Yes Anchorman is the guru round these parts :thumbsup:

Sorry? Uncle Who?

Anybody seen any photos of the new longer 7 seater Qashqai ?

The best so far has been this prototype QQ 7 seater out testing.

nissan_qashqai_lwb_1_560px.jpg

A few more pics here :-

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-ca...&R=EPI-3715

It does not look much different to the current SWB QQ's but rear doors are longer and there is a missing bit of door trim at the back probably because the normal bit door trim would not fit and they have not bothered to make one to fit. But I believe the real 7 seater QQ is to have some front end and rear end differences according to a insider at Nissan that posted on the QQ forum, The same Nissan insider also said that the Car Magazine pics where fake but I think this person was comparing the real 7 Seater QQ with this prototype.

13288101150.jpg

"Toyota will be thinking big but showing small at next month’s Geneva motor show.

It will be giving centre stage to the ground-breaking Toyota iQ, it’s new three-metre city car. The iQ appeared at the 2007 Frankfurt show as a concept, and will be shown at Geneva in production-ready form; in other words, exactly how it will be when it shows up on British roads in early 2009.

However, it will also be showing a small 4x4 – a sub-RAV4 model designed to rival the forthcoming Mini Crossman and Skoda Yeti – which will be called the Urban Cruiser.

Toyota Urban Cruiser

Autocar published spy photos of Toyota’s second Geneva show offering late in 2007. The Urban Cruiser, according to company insiders, will share a production line with the Japanese market Toyota Ist and the Scion XD. It looks very much like its cousins too, but has a new grille, and new headlights that better befit Toyota's European market range.

It’s likely to be powered by a 105bhp 1.5-litre engine mated to a continuously variable transmission, and be available with a choice of front- or four-wheel drive."

Yup thats it, urban cruiser, here is one in a lovely shade of errrrr..........well you decide

Urban Cruiser

The interior styleing was inspired by trendy furniture......whatever next :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yup thats it, urban cruiser, here is one in a lovely shade of errrrr..........well you decide

Urban Cruiser

Thank God they've refined the styling in the two years that have past! :eek:

Urban Cruiser

Thank God they've refined the styling in the two years that have past! :eek:

The front end of the prototype looks a bit like the IQ, like all concepts, Toyota have toned it down B)

SsangYong: new importer, lower prices.

The Kyron.

1428814042.jpg

The Rexton.

20766944400.jpg

"The inroads made by Korean car-maker SsangYong into the European market in recent years haven’t quite been on par with those of fellow Korean outfits Hyundai and Kia. Let’s face it, they haven’t even been on the same Golf course.

However, that may be all about to change. The UK import and distribution business for SsangYong has just been bought by Koelliker UK, and as part of the brand’s relaunch, SsangYong is dropping its UK prices – and by no small margin.

At the foot of its range, the Kyron (its Freelander-sized 4x4) is becoming no less than £3000 cheaper. At £14,995 for the cheapest, front-wheel drive model, it’s more affordable than a Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage – little more even than a Tata Safari.

Its next model up, the Rexton 4x4, gets a £2600 price chop. You can now get one for just £19,995 – and it’s a 2.7-litre, Discovery-sized offering, don’t forget."

Surely owning a car called Rexton would make you the butt of all jokes...

There weren't enough branches on the ugly tree for those two! :D

A little more info on that Ssangyong offer.

"Relaunched Ssangyong woos buyers

• Prices lowered by up to £3000

• Revised trim levels

• Three years' free servicing

The relaunched Ssangyong brand is trying to woo buyers with revised models, prices and servicing offers.

Distribution for the South Korean manufacturer's cars in the UK was taken over by a new company, Koeliker Ltd, at the end of last year.

As part of the company's relaunch, it is offering three years' free servicing on all models.

Kyron

Prices for the Kyron 4x4 now start at £14,995 - £3000 less than before.

It is powered by a 138bhp 2.0-litre turbodiesel engine that does 45.6mpg on average, while carbon dioxide emissions are 197g/km.

The entry-level S trim features air-conditioning, stability control, hill-descent control, a CD player and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Part-time four-wheel drive is a £2000 option, while an automatic gearbox costs £1500.

EX models have part-time four-wheel drive, rear parking sensors, electric folding door mirrors, side airbags, leather upholstery and a touch-screen audio and sat-nav system.

The range-topping SPR model has permanent four-wheel drive and a 161bhp 2.7-litre turbodiesel engine.

Rexton

The Rexton 4x4 now costs £19,995 - £2600 less than before.

All models feature four-wheel drive and a 183bhp 2.7-litre diesel engine.

The 270 S features anti-clock brakes, stability control, active rollover protection, and climate control, with the option of an automatic transmission for £1500.

Top-trim 270 SPR models add a touch-screen radio and sat-nav system, roof rails, privacy glass and electrically adjustable seats."

1428842916.jpg1428843135.jpg

1428843253.jpg1428844243.jpg

"These are the first official pictures of the new Kuga, Ford's forthcoming Focus-based 4x4 which goes on sale in June, from £20,495.

It will be launched with just one engine - the 134bhp 2.0-litre diesel, which is coupled to a six-speed manual gearbox and permanent Haldex four-wheel drive system.

Ford is claiming the Kuga has best-in-class emissions, at 169g/km, and fuel consumption of 44.1mpg. It’s also maintaining that the Kuga will offer ‘surprisingly good’ off-road ability. Which is a good thing, as the competition at this price is going to be difficult for it to beat. The impressive Honda CRV 2.2 i-CTDi, excellent Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D - even the TD4 Land Rover Freelander 2 will be among the cars it has to beat.

Inside, the Kuga has fold-flat rear seats, storage areas under those seats and under the boot floor. There is 1355-litres of luggage capacity in it with the rear seats down and 410-litres with the seats up, and a dual-split tailgate makes filling up the space that much easier. Trim levels are kept simple, too, with just two on offer; Zetec and the range-topping Titanium.

The Ford Kuga makes its official debut at next month’s Geneva show; watch this space for more information on it on March 4."

NA ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm saving up for one of these :o :o :o :o :o

It’s fitted with the engine from a Yamaha R1 superbike, but is tuned to produce 167bhp. And as the quad weighs only 375kg, the power-to-weight ratio is 445bhp per tonne – close to Bugatti Veyron territory! Performance is suitably scary; 0-60mph takes less than three seconds and the Quadster has a top speed of 140mph

Click Here

car_photo_244269_7.jpg

I can then roar around my country estate annoying the locals and ripping up the bridal way paths....

NA ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm saving up for one of these :o :o :o :o :o

It’s fitted with the engine from a Yamaha R1 superbike, but is tuned to produce 167bhp. And as the quad weighs only 375kg, the power-to-weight ratio is 445bhp per tonne – close to Bugatti Veyron territory! Performance is suitably scary; 0-60mph takes less than three seconds and the Quadster has a top speed of 140mph

Click Here

car_photo_244269_7.jpg

I can then roar around my country estate annoying the locals and ripping up the bridal way paths....

Ah, but does it have a Battery??

Ah, but does it have a battery??

:o :o :o :o ooooh that was low Bothy real low..........

1828895358.jpg1828895833.jpg

1828895627.jpg182881036.jpg

"This is Volvo's crucial new XC60 crossover, a smaller 4x4 from the maker of the XC90, with which the Swedish brand hopes to appeal to younger prospective buyer.

The new XC60 is ready for launch at the Geneva motor show next month. Volvo says it "combines the athletic, flowing lines of a coupe with the ground clearance and safety of an SUV". In fact, Volvo claims the XC60 is the safest car it’s ever built, thanks to new high-tech collision avoidance system it features called 'City Safety'.

Volvo’s latest safety feature is provided as standard on all XC60s. At low speeds - for example crawling along in an urban traffic jam - the car will brake automatically if sensors detect a potential impact. It’s an active system (unlike passive crash mitigation systems which simply minimise the effects of an unavoidable crash), and is intended to prevent those low speed bumps caused by concentration lapses, and should increase pedestrian safety too.

On sale in October: five-pot diesel power and six-pot petrol

Safety qualifications aside, the new XC60 is meant to bring in a new styling direction for Volvo. We should expect the forthcoming XC90 replacement to share many aesthetic attributes in common with this smaller all-roader, and see echoes of it in other future unveilings.

Three familiar engines will be on offer when the XC60 goes on sale in the UK in October. There’s a 3.0-litre T6 petrol with 283bhp, plus two versions of the 2.4-litre D5 with either 184bhp or 161bhp.

All early models will be four-wheel-drive until 2009, when a frugal front-wheel-driven version should arrive using a detuned version of the 2.4-litre diesel to achieve a lowly 170g/km of CO2 emissions. It’s also very likely that biofuel variants will be offered later in the XC60's lifespan.

Volvo aims to sell 50,000 XC60s per year globally, and reckons it will appeal to youthful owners upgrading from hatchbacks and small saloons. All will be built at the brand’s factory in Belgium."

They have a 'First Drive' review of the Tiguan up on the Fifth Gear website. Sounds like they though it was a good car.

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?ln...kwagen%20Tiguan

Indeed, but suggesting the car is good value must be a joke! I've just been the VW website and if you spec the Tiguan to the same level as my T180 its comes to £500 more than the Rav! :eek:

(and that's with a slower engine!)

That Volvo looks nice. Same as the Ford Kuga? I had a look/test drive of a XC90 before buying the RAV. I quite liked it, but it was much bigger than I needed, and of course, more money!!

They have a 'First Drive' review of the Tiguan up on the Fifth Gear website. Sounds like they though it was a good car.

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?ln...kwagen%20Tiguan

Indeed, but suggesting the car is good value must be a joke! I've just been the VW website and if you spec the Tiguan to the same level as my T180 its comes to £500 more than the Rav! :eek:

(and that's with a slower engine!)

I guess they are comparing the entry level models and the respective kit levels compared to others in a similar class. I don't think there is such thing as a car with all the extra's that is good value. :)

Yep, VW are known for the fact that they punch you in the eye with the small price in the begining, but than ,if you want auto AC bi-zonal , alloy wheels, and other stuff to make your life easier, the bottom line gives you a pretty spicy final price...

Lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut ;)

Another snippet from the Fifth Gear website, this time about the XC60. I think it was mentioned in this thread before but I can't remember if there was any pictures.

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=101&id=2620

xc60_200.jpg

At last, we can see the car that Volvo hopes will challenge the likes of the Land Rover Freelander and BMW X3, and which is said to be the company's safest ever car. These are the first official pictures of the new XC60, which will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show next month before going on sale in the UK in October.

Effectively a smaller brother to the XC90, the XC60 will have a choice of three engines to start with: the 281bhp turbocharged T6 petrol, as well as two versions of the D5 turbodiesel with 161 or 182bhp. Models with all of these engines have four-wheel-drive as standard, but next year they will be joined by a two-wheel drive version powered by a 2.4-litre diesel engine that is targeted to produce 170g/km of CO2.

At the same time, Volvo has also confirmed that every model will have, as standard, its City Safety system. This unique feature is designed to help avoid or reduce the effects of low-speed impacts that often happen in heavy traffic. If the car senses that it is about to drive into the vehicle in front and the driver does nothing, it will automatically apply the brakes.

Final details of the car's price and specification will be announced nearer the on-sale date, but we expect the range to start from around £25,000.

ok - who had a day off today???

Oh god is it that obvious? I must find more time to torment you when I am working :D

Oh god is it that obvious? I must find more time to torment you when I am working :D

Try a laptop tuned into the cables running alongside??

Another snippet from the Fifth Gear website, this time about the XC60. I think it was mentioned in this thread before but I can't remember if there was any pictures.

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=101&id=2620

xc60_200.jpg

At last, we can see the car that Volvo hopes will challenge the likes of the Land Rover Freelander and BMW X3, and which is said to be the company's safest ever car. These are the first official pictures of the new XC60, which will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show next month before going on sale in the UK in October.

Effectively a smaller brother to the XC90, the XC60 will have a choice of three engines to start with: the 281bhp turbocharged T6 petrol, as well as two versions of the D5 turbodiesel with 161 or 182bhp. Models with all of these engines have four-wheel-drive as standard, but next year they will be joined by a two-wheel drive version powered by a 2.4-litre diesel engine that is targeted to produce 170g/km of CO2.

At the same time, Volvo has also confirmed that every model will have, as standard, its City Safety system. This unique feature is designed to help avoid or reduce the effects of low-speed impacts that often happen in heavy traffic. If the car senses that it is about to drive into the vehicle in front and the driver does nothing, it will automatically apply the brakes.

Final details of the car's price and specification will be announced nearer the on-sale date, but we expect the range to start from around £25,000.

Some more shots from Auto Express

car_photo_245724_25.jpgcar_photo_245730_25.jpg

car_photo_245727_25.jpgcar_photo_245721_25.jpg

Click Here For Full Story

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links