Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

Good news!! :D

The Rav 4.2, as we know it, is still sold new :thumbsup:

One slight problem... you have to go to Papua New Guinea :lol::lol:

How did you find that?? :lol::lol::lol:

LONG LIVE THE RAV 4.2 MODEL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good news!! :D

The Rav 4.2, as we know it, is still sold new :thumbsup:

One slight problem... you have to go to Papua New Guinea :lol::lol:

How did you find that?? :lol::lol::lol:

LONG LIVE THE RAV 4.2 MODEL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and all who sail in her! :boat::thumbsup:

It,s quite amazing how many countries Toyota still have not sold the 4.3 into. I did a trawl a while back and in most "3rd World countries"(hate that phrase) Toyota still sell the 4.2 as their latest model.

Clare

It,s quite amazing how many countries Toyota still have not sold the 4.3 into. I did a trawl a while back and in most "3rd World countries"(hate that phrase) Toyota still sell the 4.2 as their latest model.

Clare

Yea can you imagine them with Run Flats on.....Book says contact your nearest Toyota Dealer....Not much help in the African plains......Errr........ :wacko: :wacko:

The 4.2 was an outstanding successful model for Toyota....The 4.3 has a lot to live up to....and especially as it's only available in 5 door form...

Well, as 2007 sees the drum groper arriving, I can tell that sum o ye are beginning tae see the logic ahind it. The 3 door RAV 4.1 was and still is a benchmark.

Shame as most of the benckmarks appear to be stationary 4.3 diesels the noo. Times will change and as the credit squeeze hits middle England (Watford and Luton) then we will see a return to low cost 3 door RAVs being renovated much as maist o ye are pittin oan extensions tae yer hooses cos the hoose cost is oot o reach.

Uncle Dave.M in Motherwell will be lobbying fur crash barriers tae be made in rubberoid to avoid bumper damage and mithers-in-law wull be gettin taxis frae mitherwell station twa.......

N by the way, ahm lookin oot fur a Landrover Defender/90 or whitever that has 4x4 and low gear capability fur wur charity tae tow the caravan. Theres no way ma RAV wull be pulling the thing cos the towbar will separate frae the rest o the caravan.

If onywans in ma neeburhood the nicht, yer a welcome tae come n tase sum o ma famous Steak Pie. The fumes o the red wine gravy s gieing me a high even upstairs here...!!!

N by the way, ahm lookin oot fur a Landrover Defender/90 or whitever that has 4x4 and low gear capability fur wur charity tae tow the caravan. Theres no way ma RAV wull be pulling the thing cos the towbar will separate frae the rest o the caravan.

Bothy...You ever seen Tractor Pulling...All those machines that look nothing like tractors with 6 jag engines or some other jet propulsion....

You could start a new sport...See how quick you can pull the caravan wheels and under carriage away from the body.....Think the speed record towing a caravan is held by a cosie at over 128mph

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

As it happens, I happen tae have a V12 5.3 pristine XJS wi mechanicals whit are A1. The bodywork is not.

I wis tempted tae pit the V12 intae ma auld Renault Trafic van, but the MOT men wrote the chassis aff.

Maybe I cuuid install the V12 intae the caravan, in the same way as anchorman an his men/wimien use a 2nd engine fur gradients????

Wi ma caravan fitted wi wide wheels an racing shocks, it cuid mak an awesome outfit wi ma RAV..... 800bhp+?????

Ahd be safer pittin railway wheels oan an using the rails cos its clear maist o the time???? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

New RAV4 Baby brother....

CLICK HERE

car_photo_236859_7.jpg

Called the A-BAT, it’s a compact pick-up with power from the same hybrid drivetrain found in the Prius. It’s been designed to appeal to buyers who want an environmentally friendly SUV with off-road ability and rugged looks.

THE WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks more like a baby Hi-Lux. Imust admit if they brought out a version of the Hi-Lux they used on the Artic Top Gear I,d be first in the Queue!!!!

Clare

Looks more like a baby Hi-Lux. Imust admit if they brought out a version of the Hi-Lux they used on the Artic Top Gear I,d be first in the Queue!!!!

Clare

They do Clare and you can get it optioned up as those used on the expedition...may cost slightly more than anticipated CLICK HERE

So who do you think could jump on the SUV bandwagon now ?........

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...errari_suv.html

Oh Deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar ! How very wrong wrong wrong is that. :no::no::no::no::no:

Ferrari must have seen what a great success the Porsche Cayenne has been and what a bit of the action.

Yep, think you are right Bob but they are way too late. The big Porsce gets slated for being ugly, but

I had a sit in one and what a gorgeous interior it had. All nice white leather and very comfortable for

a rip snorting mad raging beast ;)

Wot about the new Tata at £1300 ???

Yea soon to be named a Land Rover :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

No Ta................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes TATA are the only people bidding on Landrover / Jaguar, so i would say they have it in the bag then.

Then they really will have "Call centre" in India!!!!!

Clare

• 3 weeks later...

Heavily disguised BMW X1's doing road trails.

171881141.jpg171881537.jpg

"These are the best pictures yet of BMW's forthcoming X1 baby off-roader, spied undergoing tests in Germany.

The X1 - an upmarket rival for the Toyota RAV4 and Ford's Focus-based Kuga - will blend traditional SUV elements with some styling traits from the X6 crossover. Judging by these pics, for example, it looks set to retain the X6's coupé-esque roofline instead of a rear door.

The X1 will be revealed next year, with sales due to start early in 2010. It is based heavily on the regular 1-series, and will be built at the same plant in Leipzig. So expect engine options to include all of the 1-series' four and six-cylinder petrol units, and diesel motors with one and two turbos.

Transmission options have yet to be confirmed, but a rear-wheel-drive base model is feasible, along with four-wheel-drive variants using X3 components. Pricing is likely to be at the 'premium' end of the small SUV sector, with lower-end models costing the same as highly specced RAV4s."

More photos here.

Still got 5 doors but so aiming at the we'ens and dugs market.

One for Chatman :lol:

The Hummer H3 Flatbed.

2918811269.jpg29188112758.jpg

Full story here.

Already bean following that one Fuji.....Also the new H3 Hummer as well. :D :D :D :D

See a F150 Lightning parked outside my local paper shop tonight :eek: :eek: Blimey those things look fast standing still....Guy only had it a week, and had the biggest smile :D , said he had not pushed it much yet, but frightened a few fast cars.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already bean following that one Fuji.....Also the new H3 Hummer as well. :D :D :D :D

See a F150 Lightning parked outside my local paper shop tonight :eek: :eek: Blimey those things look fast standing still....Guy only had it a week, and had the biggest smile :D , said he had not pushed it much yet, but frightened a few fast cars.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A guy near us as a huge Dodge Ram pickup............never seen it moving fast though.........he has to wait for the petrol tanker following him to catch up. :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links