Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

Don't believe everything you read......Unless it's in the Sun News paper of course ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ha ha!

Wind blows mans hat off!

Along with the new twin-turbo V8, the X6 will also be offered with Munich's twin-turbo six-cylinder engine – the 3.0-litre with 306bhp/295lb ft - in the £42,925 xDrive35i.

The majority of British sales will come from a pair of 3.0-litre common rail diesels; the twin-turbo 286bhp/428lb ft xDrive35d at £44,135, and the £41,995 235bhp xDrive30d.

Its an awfy amount of money jist tae pay fur a classy oily burner. Ye cuid buy several deltas fur that an get mair hp as weel!! Ah ken waurs 3 are lying the noo!!

Twin turbos - noo - ah think ah've got space fur that....?

Along with the new twin-turbo V8, the X6 will also be offered with Munich's twin-turbo six-cylinder engine – the 3.0-litre with 306bhp/295lb ft - in the £42,925 xDrive35i.

The majority of British sales will come from a pair of 3.0-litre common rail diesels; the twin-turbo 286bhp/428lb ft xDrive35d at £44,135, and the £41,995 235bhp xDrive30d.

What are you trying to say Fuj'?

Should have gone to specsavers bothy?

Sorry - ah didnae bother readin a the way doon. Ye micht ken that in Britain a majority normally means something less than 40% In politics fur example, ye can get tae manage onything wi as little as 33% - its aw a numbers game and having done a wee bit o statistics in ma time, wur talking 3 sales, twa o which wull be diesels ..wan o each - eh - big deal??

Whit oan earth wid ye want tae buy a diesel fur £40k?? Gaud - ye can buy 2nd hand JCBs fur less! Even 2 hooses in France.

As fur Specsavers - ah've had ma sicht tested this year an wear ma glasses whenever ahm pouring ma whisky. Nae use mixing whisky wi Lenor Conditioner is there?

Ah wis mearly trying tae point oot that maist people wull buy the petrol version. Its must be sumthin inherent in English culture that youz buy 5 door diesels....ah ken...it dates back tae the days o horse n cart 40 years ago in england waur ye were used tae 4 doors oan the wagon tae match 4 wheels so as ye'd ken when wan fell aff....then numbers wouldnae match!

What are you trying to say Fuj'?

Should have gone to specsavers bothy?

By the way, are you trying tae tell me that some numpty will coff oot £44,135 for ony 286bhp!!! Cumon - we're no that daft. Wance ah git masel aroon haundlin ma RAV proper, the boys will turn up the boost big time. Nae common things in it either. Pairt frae an ashtray. Ahm awready up at 280+bhp an its no cost me a quarter o a new German import! Nae insults by the way tae Panzer fans oot there....ah love ye!

OMG, this looks good! :drool:

13127764950.jpg13127764243.jpg

The Land Rover LRX will go into production mid 2009!

Read the full story here.

Think there is supposed to be a short news item about this on BBC Midlands Today tomorrow night (18/12), assuming you can receive it. Don't suppose it will tell you anything new that you can't already pick up in the motoring press.

Aye - it'll be a good 'un...manufactured in India frae gurders using 60 year old Scottish steel making equipment...cannae wait!!

Aye - it'll be a good 'un...manufactured in India frae gurders using 60 year old Scottish steel making equipment...cannae wait!!

Arr I take it you mean all the Indian steel companies that brought out the Scottish one's and moved all the process back to India as they work for less money and a bed where as the Scottish worked to rule and a load of whisky :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Arr I take it you mean all the Indian steel companies that brought out the Scottish one's and moved all the process back to India as they work for less money and a bed where as the Scottish worked to rule and a load of whisky :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Aye but wur product wis excellent frae the fact that whisky kills all known germs dead. An it disposes o most toxic substances an aw. No like the era o Morris Marinas etc which got pumped oot the factory whether they worked or no. :P

Arrh the Chinese have been at it again.........FAKE...FAKE...FAKE

was having a trawl through over at RAV4World and this caught my eye...Click Here

Watch the video and see it slide.....(no four wheel drive then!!) also has a 90 degree rear door strap...O and nice flames down the side....Just don't let Bothy see it... :unsure: :unsure:

Arrh the Chinese have been at it again.........FAKE...FAKE...FAKE

was having a trawl through over at RAV4World and this caught my eye...Click Here

Watch the video and see it slide.....(no four wheel drive then!!) also has a 90 degree rear door strap...O and nice flames down the side....Just don't let Bothy see it... :unsure: :unsure:

I assume that the photographs are blurred and it actually doesn't have 3 doors to replace the gap in the UK market???? The other 2 doors must be moulded very carefully (away).

I assume that the photographs are blurred and it actually doesn't have 3 doors to replace the gap in the UK market???? The other 2 doors must be moulded very carefully (away).

Yea I heard, they were just testing the three door to see if anything went wrong (obviously did in that slide :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) then when they get the formula right :yahoo: they then add the other two doors.....O and loose the garish paint and flames on the sides.....

My feeling is that this will be a Toyota JV (Joint Venture). It is common for manufacturers to "cascade" their tooling once the model has finished to take advantage of markets that are still developing in terms of shape and vehicle technology and the cheapest way to do it is to use an exisiting floorpan which is always the most expensive to produce. We know the floorpan tool is still existance as it is used on the new Terios. The 2.4 engine may well be ex US spec and was probably available in 2 or 4WD.

The sideways slide was a handbrake turn and in my opinion quite a skillfull one unless it was the 27th go!

When you think about it, it is testament to the success of the model when it has two pops at the marketplace. I suspect it will be a higher end SUV but make no mistake the market potential out there (and anywhere else on the pacific rim it is exported to) is huge and worth the trouble.

Some people would drive a cardboard box if it had a Ford badge on it....

Yea the shoe box one is called a Nedflander (freelander) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: (soon to be owned by TATA, so should be able to order one with your Indian takeaway as well)

My feeling is that this will be a Toyota JV (Joint Venture). It is common for manufacturers to "cascade" their tooling once the model has finished to take advantage of markets that are still developing in terms of shape and vehicle technology and the cheapest way to do it is to use an exisiting floorpan which is always the most expensive to produce. We know the floorpan tool is still existance as it is used on the new Terios. The 2.4 engine may well be ex US spec and was probably available in 2 or 4WD.

The sideways slide was a handbrake turn and in my opinion quite a skillfull one unless it was the 27th go!

When you think about it, it is testament to the success of the model when it has two pops at the marketplace. I suspect it will be a higher end SUV but make no mistake the market potential out there (and anywhere else on the pacific rim it is exported to) is huge and worth the trouble.

Not sure about that. :unsure:

Found this article:

In an effort to sweeten the European market, certain Chinese car makers are planning a few surprises for visitors to the Frankfurt Motor Show. But, as Andrew Legion reports, it could all turn a bit sour.

In an impudent move that appears intended to create a favourable impression of Chinese cars in a sceptical European market, a number of Chinese car makers are expected to showcase some familiar names at the forthcoming Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA). They will be showing their own versions of the BMW X5, the Toyota RAV4 and the Smart ForTwo. And the genuine manufacturers of these cars are not happy about it.

Of course, the Chinese versions will have different names: CEO, UFO and Noble, respectively, but in all other respects they will be virtually identical to the genuine articles.

"We've already taken measures against the distribution of the CEO in Europe," a BMW spokesperson told the German car industry magazine, Automobilwoch, adding:. "We'll consider taking legal action should the car be shown at the IAA."

A Daimler spokesperson said much the same thing: "We reserve the right to take legal action should the car, in fact, be shown at the IAA," a Daimler spokesperson told Automobilwoche.

BMW has already issued a warning against the distribution and sale of the CEO in Italy. Should the car continue to be sold, the company is expected to begin legal proceedings. This would not be the first time that such action has been taken. Last autumn, Daimler, which produces the Smart, was able to prevent another Chinese car maker from introducing a Smart copy onto the market, reports Automotive News.

With regard to the present situation the Financial Times has recently quoted a spokesman from Daimler as saying that the company would consider "unspecified legal action" if Chinese manufacturer Shuanghuan Automobile showed the Noble at the IAA.

"We take intellectual property protection very seriously," the spokesman said, adding: "We decided to reserve the right to pursue legal action."

The same newspaper quoted BMW, which said "...it was considering legal action against the importer of another Shuanghuan vehicle." This was in reference to the CEO, an SUV that "closely resembles" a previous version of the BMW X5, which was discontinued in 2006.

Toyota is altogether more sanguine. Toyota Europe told the writer this week: "The Toyota Motor Corporation is aware of the Zheijiang Jonway 'UFO' vehicle

but decided back in 2005 not to take legal action towards this issue". Perhaps the company puts faith in its reputation for build-quality and endemic safety, factors that seem to elude Chinese car makers, if recent crash-test results are anything to go by.

But it transpires that copyright infringements also violate IAA exhibitors' regulations. According to the German automobile association, the VDA, if such an infringement occurs, IAA regulations permit the removal of the offending company's products and the closure of its exhibition stand..

China Automobile Deutschland, an independent importer that plans to bring all three models onto the market in October, claims to have no knowledge of the possible IAA ban.

Nice to see that the 3 door is appreciated by the worlds largest population.

Perhaps if the Chinese Government relax their restriction on family size, then they will go for the 5 door?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blow me down.

Well I suppose it is the best form of flattery!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links