Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

img.jpg

I prefer the Outlander to the other two... B) B)

Top Gear normally isn't all that scientific in certain things. Just look at Jeremy talking about CO2s and torques. But this week things have been a bit different, because three new SUVs have been launched that need a more man-in-white-coat approach.

The Mitsubishi Outlander, Citroen C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007 have been designed and built almost entirely in tandem, but the Outlander stands out from the other two.

The Peugeot and Citroen are seriously similar (even the bonnet bulge running back from the Badge is identical), but the Mitsubishi looks like its treaded its own path more.

Until you get inside. This is where these SUVs start to lose their way a bit, because they're just so identical. Right down to the switch for folding your mirrors.

Mitsubishi obviously had the strongest hand in this, because neither the other two feel like a Peugeot or Citroen. There's not much flimsy plastic for starters, but they're lacking the individual design touches that make a car feel like it came from that particular maker.

So, the Mitsubishi is best. Er, no. Because it's the engine availablility that mark these cars out. At the moment, the Outlander has to make do with a 2.0-litre diesel pinched from Volkswagen, whereas the others get the 2.2-litre diesels from the Pegueot/Citroen stable. And this unit is far, far better.

The 2.0-litre feels underpowered, is much noisier, doesn't rev especially easily and just generally disappoints. Some of this can be blamed on the fact that the Outlander only had 500-odd miles on the clock and the engine will surely loosen up. But not enough to make it better than the Citroen or Peugeot.

The Outlander will get the 2.2 before the end of the year, but for the time being the French are ahead. Which of those to pick? Who's your nearest dealer...

All three are built in Japan in the Mitzi factory.

What a mess that 4007 is with the big mouth. I think I would have to do the same as the Indian advert and get an elephant to sit on it then stove the front in until it looked like something else.

Hi all, one if my work colleagues is trading in his 4X4, tried to talk him into getting a Rav. Off he went

to our local Toyota / mitsu dealer with his current Suzuki XL7, and this is what he is buying-

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/shogunsport/

He reckons he is buying a mid range Shogun sport for 5K less than a mid range Rav :o :o :o

I'm sure I read somewhere the Sport is running out to end production.

Dave.

Yep these are the out run model...Friend has one as well in Black and quite nice.....

I almost brought a Pinini Warrior before the RAV...had all the kit but a useless boot....Thought the RAV 3 door was small, this was hand bag size let alone shopping bag...(the wife's bag's not mine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Hi all, one if my work colleagues is trading in his 4X4, tried to talk him into getting a Rav. Off he went

to our local Toyota / mitsu dealer with his current Suzuki XL7, and this is what he is buying-

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/shogunsport/

He reckons he is buying a mid range Shogun sport for 5K less than a mid range Rav :o :o :o

I'm sure I read somewhere the Sport is running out to end production.

Dave.

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no: and again :no:

Must be some silver tongued salesperson in that dealership to offload (what to my eyes looks like an) estate version of a pick-up on your colleague.

Each to their own :rolleyes:

Have we had a close look aroud and kicked the tyres of this one??

I can't remember now.

Mazda CX-7

Saw one today in this blue and I have to say, it looks the business.

Also, very impressed with the spec (Bose, full leather and xenons etc).

Even more impressed with the engine specs though!!

2.3 Turbo - 256 bhp / 280 lb/ft torque

0-60 - 8 secs

130 mph

Combined 27.7 mpg

All for just a smidge under £24k

112_2006_paris_motor_show10z2007_ma.jpg

mazda_cx7_action_1_enimages_big.jpg

Combined 27.7 mpg your having a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: at today's prices......your be on first name terms with the petrol attendant.....

Blimey even a RR Sport (I like these so there Dave) gets more than this.....but then again the Mazda will be bullet proof and not break down like the RR will no doubt.

Also saw today :o :o :o :o the new Vauxhall Antara or what ever it's called....looked nice :) :)

Have we had a close look aroud and kicked the tyres of this one??

I can't remember now.

Mazda CX-7

Saw one today in this blue and I have to say, it looks the business.

Also, very impressed with the spec (Bose, full leather and xenons etc).

Even more impressed with the engine specs though!!

2.3 Turbo - 256 bhp / 280 lb/ft torque

0-60 - 8 secs

130 mph

Combined 27.7 mpg

All for just a smidge under £24k

Paul, have to agree with Chatman (except on the R eally R otten S tink) But................

if they put a diesel in there, that would be one very attractive motor. :)

Dave.

I know, I know, it fills up from the "other" pump at the Petrol Station, but how does that compare with the figures for the Petrol Rav? - Especially when you take the performance into consideration??

Also agree, a diesel would be a good option, but it's an interesting alternative to the T180, performance wise ;)

I know, I know, it fills up from the "other" pump at the Petrol Station, but how does that compare with the figures for the Petrol Rav? - Especially when you take the performance into consideration??

Also agree, a diesel would be a good option, but it's an interesting alternative to the T180, performance wise ;)

HA HA a work friends wife has a Mazda 3 MPS which is the same engine in the CX and he says it's blinding fast but just as fast to guzzle all the fuel ....that engine in that shaped car would be more like 20MPG....ha your in Hummer territory there...

Filled up today but @96ppl and passed a BP on way home selling both types of fuel at 99.ppl :angry: :angry: :angry:

You'd get enough points in a month to buy shares in any petrol station..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave, have you seen the RRsports they make over @ project khan website :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yes your right mate, with that set of figures the Mazda would be bloody awesome :o :o

Stuff the cost to run it, as they say here, yir a long time deeeed (had to coloqialise there) :lol:

Dave. ;)

I just thought it was a bargain at the price!!

But point taken, manufacturer figures are usually on the speculative side, so I agree, it is likely to be returning Hummer H3 figures!

Talking of which, I saw an advert for one in the paper today as they're now selling the H3 here in right hand drive!

It's got a 3.7 litre engine and combined figures of 19/21 mpg :eek:

Starting price in the region of £27,000 - now you would definately need shares in BP to run that one!!!

Filled mine up on Sunday with Shell V-Power Diesel - 101.9 per litre :sick::sick::sick:

Wonder when the Rav's going to get a hybrid engine, like that nice one in the GX400h???

Dave, have you seen the RRsports they make over @ project khan website :drool: :drool: :drool:

Chatman, you will never hear me say this again but I actually like the sport :o :o :o :o

As for the standard RR it looks like a metro cab pumped up, also brings back memories of

those smug bar stewards paying the same as me for servicing the nedflanders.

Dave. ;)

Chatman, you will never hear me say this again but I actually like the sport :o :o :o :o

As for the standard RR it looks like a metro cab pumped up, also brings back memories of

those smug bar stewards paying the same as me for servicing the nedflanders.

Dave. ;)

See Dave told you so.....also look over at the Bowler wildcat....(they have them on Fith Gear at moment.) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :

53835-1--a-hum.jpg

Drove the proper Hummer or HumV in the USofA and in it's native land.....it did have a rocket launcher strapped to the roof and was awesome.....full automatic 6 litre and boy did we trash em.....they said to us "your never get one stuck" well my mate found the biggest bog he could and drove straight in it :lol: :lol: :lol: 3hrs later still there, so called in the big boys and used chinook to remove said HumV :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

(Library picture not mine)

CSA-2006-06-12-144008.jpg

Wonder when the Rav's going to get a hybrid engine, like that nice one in the GX400h???

Depends if you want a RAV with a boot only big enough for a comb and a pair of scissors :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry that's your other car :lol:

Yeti :lol::lol::lol:

Who thinks them up ?

Actually looks very like the ugly ones american brother, the Ho&*a Element.

Dave.

Not for the Nervous. You have been warned. Look away now if you have a weak heart.

Purely for comparison in the name of scientific research.

gal_lg1.jpg

1947711656.jpg

H*@%> designers really need Vision Express..................quickly

We must limit ourself's to using the H word only once a day........other wise this may cause mass pandemonium and panic among other RAV & Toyota owners...

What next your be talking about trains and posting pictures....Tut what ever next :P :P :P :P :P :P

see

everything works in cycles.....

we're getting close to the horse drawn carriages of the early 1900s - and naw ah wisna aroon then ye cheeky wotsits.

The design is very much akin to the design of the old carriages. next step is to bring back the leaf spring - or has it ever gone away??

And I bet the horsepower is being devalued much like the pound - I blame the government..

And some one is having a laff! Making a Mini look like a kiddie's ballon! I give you the 2009 Mini SUV :crybaby:

55551052140.jpg

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

wrong wrong wrong

Alfa's SUV/Coupe crossover (2011)

11077405.jpg

Main text ripped from Autocar:

And finally, sometime in 2011: an Alfa crossover

Both Alfa and Fiat will launch crossovers in 2010. Fiat brand chief Luca De Meo is hopeful that Fiat’s sporty Bravo-derived crossover, whose competitors include the Nissan Qashqai and the Ford Kuga, will capture the family customers that the company failed to win with the Croma.

Alfa’s crossover will offer a sportier blend of abilities, be priced from £19-£30,000 and feature some of the most aggressive styling yet seen in a cross-over if Alfa’s first sketch is accurate (see gallery).

It will be based on the part-new platform developed for the 149, and is expected to play a major role in Alfa Romeo’s rejuvenation

A] Will Fiat / Alfa / Lancia still be around in 2011?

B] Will anybody trust them £30,000 of their money?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links