Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

Alfa's SUV/Coupe crossover (2011)

11077405.jpg

Main text ripped from Autocar:

And finally, sometime in 2011: an Alfa crossover

Both Alfa and Fiat will launch crossovers in 2010. Fiat brand chief Luca De Meo is hopeful that Fiat’s sporty Bravo-derived crossover, whose competitors include the Nissan Qashqai and the Ford Kuga, will capture the family customers that the company failed to win with the Croma.

Alfa’s crossover will offer a sportier blend of abilities, be priced from £19-£30,000 and feature some of the most aggressive styling yet seen in a cross-over if Alfa’s first sketch is accurate (see gallery).

It will be based on the part-new platform developed for the 149, and is expected to play a major role in Alfa Romeo’s rejuvenation

A] Will Fiat / Alfa / Lancia still be around in 2011?

B] Will anybody trust them £30,000 of their money?

Dave M I,ve actually sat in a Peel car and yes they were made over here. By the way a litre of Diesel has just gone up to £1.06 over here !!!!!!!

Clare

Dave M I,ve actually sat in a Peel car and yes they were made over here. By the way a litre of Diesel has just gone up to £1.06 over here !!!!!!!

Clare

Clare, £1.06 :o think you better move back here, re the peel a bit like scottish cars of the twentieth century.

Consigned to history :rolleyes:

Dave,

Clare

£1.06 eek :eek:

Clare

£1.06 eek :eek:

Filled up last night @99.9ppl passed one garage selling @101.9ppl

:lol::lol: The thinner liquid I use in my Rav only sets me back 95.9ltr... :lol::lol:

:crybaby::crybaby: BUT I PROBABLY NEED TO FILL UP TWICE AS MUCH AS U GUYS DRIVING THE THICKER STUFF :crybaby::crybaby:

I paid 104.9 last night - about £51 to fill up.

It should go like a new Typhoon now!

Now Typhoon is a better name than Vanguard. Toyota Typhoon - now your talking!!!

Filled up last night on the road out of Aberdeen - Shell diesel 95.9. No BP garage nearby so I'll be comparing mileage after 3 tankfuls of Ultimate. The latter was settling at 46.5mpg on the dash (around 45 after correcting for known error).

I paid 104.9 last night - about £51 to fill up.

Was that 'normal' diesel? We're only paying 97.9p down here in Reading :unsure:

No mate it was BP ultimate (too good even for HST's)

Umm ....interesting :g:

Let's see what the production cars look like.

Looking at those pictures in the mag that looks HORRIBLE and those wheels :sick: :sick: they also have better shots of the Mini SUV or whatever it's called again looks tacky and will cost ££££ when it doe's come out....

Chinese car maker Landwind will have two updated versions of the Vx Frontera on sale in the UK by next May for £9000.

11107772448.jpg

Landwind

Even for 9K, I still wouldn't touch a Frontera with a barge pole! :wacko:

Chinese car maker Landwind will have two updated versions of the Vx Frontera on sale in the UK by next May for £9000.

11107772448.jpg

Landwind

The Frontera was a heep of poo front its launch to the end of its production, so can't see one made in China being any better :( :( .

11107772448.jpg

Landwind

The Frontera was a heep of poo front its launch to the end of its production, so can't see one made in China being any better :( :( .

I would use the barge pole to beat the crap out of it....and it's owner for being so daft in actually buying one.....

11107772448.jpg

Landwind

I would use the barge pole to beat the crap out of it....and it's owner for being so daft in actually buying one.....

My old next door nieghbour had a Frontera.....nothing but trouble from the moment he bought it.

The side steps started rusting straight away and so did the frame for the spare wheel.

Water would collect in the heater air intake, so that when you started up the fan, you would get a nice cooling shower!

Mpg was more like gpm!

Loads of electrical problems.

He did well to stick with for 3 years.

Its a sad but true fact that a small percentage of UK buyers, buy the cheapest car they can, remember how well the Lada Riva sold plus other Ladas and cheap daewoo models ( re badged out of date vauxhalls ) you see some people will buy them, then we can all have a laugh as the fall apart and de-value like a sinking house brick :rolleyes: .

Its a sad but true fact that a small percentage of UK buyers, buy the cheapest car they can, remember how well the Lada Riva sold plus other Ladas and cheap daewoo models ( re badged out of date vauxhalls ) you see some people will buy them, then we can all have a laugh as the fall apart and de-value like a sinking house brick :rolleyes: .

Talking of Lada Riva's, haven't seen one for years but I spotted one in town the other week. Looked like it was being used as a builder's van.

Never seen a car with so much moss and other green slime hanging onto the sides. The rear door was practically it's own eco-system!

I bet you nobody park's next to that at the supermarket :lol::lol:

Hi Fuj, sunday morning at work and only 3 users on here, but 130 guests :o whats all that about ?

Hi Fuj, sunday morning at work and only 3 users on here, but 130 guests :o whats all that about ?

Sunday in work...ouch!

The 130 guests are the white men coats keeping an eye on the nutter's in the RAV section. About 10 coats per nutter! :lol::lol:

Sunday in work...ouch!

The 130 guests are the white men coats keeping an eye on the nutter's in the RAV section. About 10 coats per nutter! :lol::lol:

Sunday in work...ouch!

:huh::huh: feels like I'm getting watched now :lol: Sunday in work, yes folks being a keyholder sux :angry::angry:

Sunday in work...ouch!

:huh::huh: feels like I'm getting watched now :lol: Sunday in work, yes folks being a keyholder sux :angry::angry:

Big Brother is watching :lol::lol:

Time to get the lad up, speak to you later, don't work to hard! :thumbsup:

If the Russian navy ever runs out of resources completely, perhaps it can retrofit a fleet of Lada Niva 4x4s to serve as a last-ditch coastal defense force. I mean, if a bunch of regular guys can jury rig one to run fully submerged, we're sure the military could gin up some kind of armed variant. Short of that, however, we think we're sold on the apparent toughness of the Niva. Stripped of extraneous interior trim, instruments, and other accessories, the white example shown here was fitted with a homebuilt snorkel system and driven into, under, and out of a lake's murky waters. Why? Who cares? This looks like fun, which is reason enough as far as we're concerned. Follow the jump for video of the whole crazy thing.

Read Article here

Watch Video Here

underwaterniva-(20)lo.jpg

underwaterniva-(2).jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made in Russia from H Beams :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links