Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Tips

dave.m

Hi all,

Just as a follow up to chatmans thread warning new members about spare tyres, I thought we could

all share our little improvements with new members. (there has been quite a few new members recently)

Not the mega stuff like van aken smart boxes, just the easy ones to start with :rolleyes:

So heres mine-

100_0267.jpg

Fed up with the parcel shelf falling on your head ? A little piece of the rough bit of stick on Velcro just

where the rubber on parcel shelf hits the trim on either side. Cost, buttons, time 2 minutes :D

If you want belt and braces approach, stick the smooth bit on the rubber as well :thumbsup:

Dave,

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dave.m

• Fujisan

• chatman

• gordonjsinclair@hotmail.com

Here is my solution to the same problem

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...25&hl=llith

Nice one Lith :thumbsup: any chance you found a sollution to the rattling roller blind

part of parcel shelf ? This one seems to be a real headache, tried a few things, none

worked. :(

Dave.

My tip is.....

"don't go outside when it's raining without an umbrella" :P :P :P

No seriously....

Part 3 of the RAV4 Tips Tricks and How do you do that Series.......

The creaking rear parcel shelf....I brought some Draught tape. The stuff you stick on the door frame to create a seal when it's shut.

As this is foam with a sticky back. I placed along the lip on each side of the rear pannels where the parcel shelf sits, and silenced the creak......

Renew every so often and you have a creak free parcel shelf...and what with llilth and Dave.m tips no more bruised and bashed head....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice one Lith :thumbsup: any chance you found a sollution to the rattling roller blind

part of parcel shelf ? This one seems to be a real headache, tried a few things, none

Dave.

Hi Dave

Never heard a rattle from the roller blind on mine

Regards

Llith

Dave.

Hi Dave

Never heard a rattle from the roller blind on mine

Regards

Llith

Hmmmmm

never had a parcel shelf, and having thrown away the rear seats, won't be able to fit one anyway I doubt. Anyway, I got a van for carrying parcels cos thats what they are built for... and its white! Funnily the van (minibus) does some amount of creaking - must be the parcels???

The campaign for cheap duty free whisky is calling for larger bottle holders to be fitted to vehicles for passenger satisfaction!

Ian

I made a parcel shelf from on old broken Vauxhall retracting unit and cut the rubber to shape and fixed it in place with Net Hooks...I will post some pics later and you will see how good it is and for about five pounds in total....

I made a parcel shelf from on old broken Vauxhall retracting unit and cut the rubber to shape and fixed it in place with Net Hooks...I will post some pics later and you will see how good it is and for about five pounds in total....

Is the £5 for the vauxhall or the parts used :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh what the hell, wind deflectors. About £65 and 1 hour to fit B)

100_0226.jpg

Dave.

100_0226.jpg

Dave.

What about the Blind Spot mirror's Dave...

Think there a good idea....

Dave.

What about the Blind Spot mirror's Dave...

Think there a good idea....

Chatman, definitely, saved my ar*e a few times :driving: :crutchy:

Anyway had to revive this one, this forum has been dead all weekend. What am I supposed to do

at work :lol: . Probably because you lucky gits have a bank holiday weekend :drunk:

Dave. :lol:

Anyway had to revive this one, this forum has been dead all weekend. What am I supposed to do

at work :lol: . Probably because you lucky gits have a bank holiday weekend :drunk:

Used too work on Bank Holidays and hated it.....Thank god those days are now gone.....

Feel for ya Dave....

Also noticed the forum a bit quite of late....at least we our die hard regulars...(fact wife is nagging to her friend and I'm on the Guinness and selective hearing is setting in :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Used too work on Bank Holidays and hated it.....Thank god those days are now gone.....

Feel for ya Dave....

Also noticed the forum a bit quite of late....at least we our die hard regulars...(fact wife is nagging to her friend and I'm on the Guinness and selective hearing is setting in :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Guiness ? well heres another top tip to save you from divorce.

Had a few ? Well you know when you need to get up in the middle of the night for a jimmy?

Sit down :lol::lol::lol::lol: this will keep her happy :lol:

Dave.

Feel for ya Dave....

Guiness ? well heres another top tip to save you from divorce.

Had a few ? Well you know when you need to get up in the middle of the night for a jimmy?

Sit down :lol::lol::lol::lol: this will keep her happy :lol:

Dave.

Hi all,

Just as a follow up to chatmans thread warning new members about spare tyres, I thought we could

all share our little improvements with new members. (there has been quite a few new members recently)

Not the mega stuff like van aken smart boxes, just the easy ones to start with :rolleyes:

So heres mine-

100_0267.jpg

Fed up with the parcel shelf falling on your head ? A little piece of the rough bit of stick on Velcro just

where the rubber on parcel shelf hits the trim on either side. Cost, buttons, time 2 minutes :D

If you want belt and braces approach, stick the smooth bit on the rubber as well :thumbsup:

Dave,

Hi all,

So heres mine-

100_0267.jpg

Dave,

I kept scatching my head what the roof window was for with air conditioning then I had an idea I fitted an 'ejector seat' and got rid of the mother in law whilst going over the Dartford Crossing bridge.

Just worth considering when you do any improvements.

Look on eBay for ex RAF seats!!

Gordon, brilliant, I must have one, I will rob a bank :2guns: sell a kidney whatever it takes. I have got to get one.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave.

Ok, you've got me started now.

Side bars/steps, £200 and about 3-4 hours to fit :rolleyes:

100_0270.jpg

Dave. :thumbsup:

Ok, you've got me started now.

Side bars/steps, £200 and about 3-4 hours to fit :rolleyes:

Dave. :thumbsup:

OOOO very nice Dave.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm just at the thumbing through accessory brochures stage at moment.. :bookworm: :bookworm:

Thanks Chatman ;)

To be honest you can buy the Toyota OEM bars for the same price, and they are easier

to fit. But they are purely ornamental, and they sit flush at bottom of sills so dont offer

much protection from low level dunts. :(

This type sticks out further, you can adjust them to suit your needs, and use them as steps.

So they are practical and thats how you get round her indoors :lol: .

Dave.

Very nice Dave :thumbsup: They suit the colour of your car very well.

And a very clean car it is too :thumbsup:

Very nice Dave :thumbsup: They suit the colour of your car very well.

And a very clean car it is too :thumbsup:

Thanks Fuj, :thumbsup: just washed last night before photo was taken.

Dave.

Ok, I'm on a roll now :lol:

Valeo parking sensor kit (4 sensor) price £65, have to take your time with this one

so allow a day plus at least 3 skinned knuckles to fit. Worth every penny though.

100_0272.jpg

Cheers,

Dave :thumbsup:

Stainless exhaust trim Dave? :yes:

We can have Dave's car as a test mule to see what accessory's will look like....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links